A change in default controls - Feedback

• A change in default controls - Feedback

So I was wondering if anyone else out there would like to have some the default control keys remapped?

Personally I would like to see the default control for releasing the mouse being remapped to Left ALt and the up and down shifting of gears being Left Shift and Left ctrl respectively.

Are there any controls that you would like to see being remapped to maybe make it more comfortable?

I know some of these suggestions might be small things that the user could easily change them selves but a good game has their default keys mapped in a good and senseable way. My suggestion is sensible because it's natural to use L-shift/ctrl to change gears up and down and using L-alt feels naturalish for releasing the mouse cursor. You could argue that you could use space bar for this but persoanlly I prefer to save spacebar for something else like using the power shuttle on machines that has that(like the arion)

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
  • Good idea. I agree with your wish. Also it's good idea, you openned this topic. :thumbup:
    I had an intention to ask comunity how does others have mapped current controls.

I also remapped release mose to L-Alt, since first Tech Demo release. It's more comfortable to reach L-Alt by thumb, than L-Ctrl by little finger.

Another question is, if there are more functions in later game stages, whether not to leave L-Ctrl and L-Shift for activating functions mapped at the same buttons (I mean for exmple L-Shift+B). It's ideal especially for mapping joystick buttons - when joy doesn''t have as much buttons as real control lever has for example. I used this way in FS.

It's state of opinon, of course.

I currently have shifting mapped at Q and Z and second couple at Num+ and Num Enter (first should simulate direction shifting lever - under steering wheel and second couple shifting lever for MB Trac or something you should shift by right hand IRL).

I'd like to ask if someone know if "Gas Control" is functional. I mapped it to G, but it does nothing. I imagine it should represent cruise control, or am I wrong?

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
    GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
    GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
    RAM - 8 GB
    Win 7 64bit