Pinned Community project Cattle and Crops

• Community project Cattle and Crops

Should Cnc be continued as a community project? 92
        yes (81) 88%
        no (11) 12%
      Community project Cattle and Crops
      CPU: Intel Core i7-8700,6x3700 MHz Turbo bis zu 4700 MHz, CPU-Kühler: CSL Maelstrom 120 Wasserkühlung, 500GB SSD +3000GB Seagate/Western Digital, 32GB DDR4-Ram, GTX 1080 Ti Armor 11G OC 11GB GDDR5X, Mainboard: ASUS Prime Z370-P, Netzteil: 700 Watt Power Boost 80+ Gold, Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, Logitech G29 und Saitek Seitenkonsole
    • I just hope the multiplayer will be finished and will be released later this year, I know it will be difficult to do "self work" but the game in this state will be driven to something new. Unfortunately, I hope that the game will be continued in some way because it has a lot of potential, but it was best at the very beginning (without any publisher), it was the most driving force for new things or ideas, of course without any loss because it was developing. The most missing thing in the game is the possibility of new animals that were supposed to be planned for March, but they were missed (here it was a loss for the game).

If the project is on hold, what will happen to the existing licenses and machines? What's going on in general.
    • Lothaletrus wrote:

I just hope the multiplayer will be finished and will be released later this year, I know it will be difficult to do "self work" but the game in this state will be driven to something new. Unfortunately, I hope that the game will be continued in some way because it has a lot of potential, but it was best at the very beginning (without any publisher), it was the most driving force for new things or ideas, of course without any loss because it was developing. The most missing thing in the game is the possibility of new animals that were supposed to be planned for March, but they were missed (here it was a loss for the game).

If the project is on hold, what will happen to the existing licenses and machines? What's going on in general.
      From what I have seen in the game files, there are already a lot of animal models added
    • As I invested 100 € in this project from the launch of the campaign, I wanted to support this project and create a dynamic of competition in this area. But since then I have always regretted, always been disappointed update after update, I haven't played it in years. As I know that I will never be reimbursed, not even half of the sum, I do not expect anything from this project. So much the better if there is a takeover by a community, personally I am totally disappointed with the aspect of the game, and if the people who take over are satisfied with the game as it is then that means that I have nothing to wait for the sequel, this game is definitely not for me. It seems obvious that the graphics will not change or very little, while the graphics rendering seems to me already obsolete.
    • If it's supposed to be community project, then the simulator needs to be free and open source. Then a lot of people can contribute and increase the quality and features of the simulator. In that case there should be less issues with licensing of machines, etc... Even new kind of gameplay can be implemented, e.g. trucks, trains, bigger maps or 1:1 maps... Something like a simulation platform for various vehicles.
    • I don't know much about the mechanics of the industry (at all). But, as for the beginning, I would set a fixed price for a product that already has potential in its class (promotions would be there when needed). However, I would prefer that somehow we could continue past the end of the multiplayer mode (that was the plan from the beginning of the project), then it becomes clear what will work.

I have no idea how many brands remain to be used for modeling. But, as for me, there were too many licenses themselves that were not involved in the project at all - which translated into its costs (the licenses themselves will not survive - by the way).

------------------------
      I just forgot to mention that at the beginning this game cost a decent price, around 22 € (at the beginning of 2021 - as I know well) - I don't understand. Why was it so reduced to a price cut, who would it help in such a retail act?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lothaletrus ().

• I have to say that when this project was born for me it was incredible, I am a fan of agriculture simulators and as such the farming simulator was my flagship, I spent hours and endless hours playing but with the passage of time I wanted better content such as the soil dynamic, seasons, physics in the vehicles, in short more realism but over time I realized that GIANTS would never do that or at least not in the near future they want to make a commercial game and that everyone who has a minimum card graphic I can play it and so simple that they can play it from children of 8 years to infinity and this seems good to me but doing this you let a part of the most demanding players stay out and get bored, I was many years in the forum of GIANTS and I can assure you that they do not hear the community as an unconditional fan I read each post for years I am almost sure and watching the launch videos of the FS22 and seeing the comments about 30 % of them are negative in terms of dynamic terrain, the physics of the vehicles, the crops, stations, but many of them will buy the FS22 again because there is no other alternative, etc. etc. By this I mean that cattle and crops is a unique and innovative game. It has elements that have never been seen in any other game, I wish with all my heart that this project continues and is a worthy rival of the FS for my part, you have my full support if you want to release DLC, even if they are symbolic, I buy them all if you want to do it a patreon account to raise funds I will help you if you want to do a crowdfunding you will always have me by your side

Español

Tengo que decir que cuando Nació este proyecto para mí fue increíble ,soy un fanático de los simuladores de agricultura y como tal el farming simulator era mi buque insignia me tiraba horas y horas eternas jugando pero con el paso de tiempo quería mejores contenidos como el suelo dinámico, estaciones, física en los vehículos ,en definitiva más realismo pero con el tiempo me di cuenta de que GIANTS jamás aria eso o por lo menos no en un futuro cercano ellos quieren hacer un juego comercial y que todo aquel que tenga una mínima tarjeta grafica pueda jugarlo y tan simple que lo puedan jugar desde niños de 8 años hasta el infinito y esto me parece bien pero haciendo esto dejas que una parte de lo jugadores los más exigentes se queden fuera y se aburran , estuve muchos años dentro del foro de GIANTS y puedo aseguraros qué no oyen a la comunidad como fan incondicional me leí cada post durante años estoy casi seguro y viendo los videos de lanzamiento del FS22 y viendo los comentarios un 30% de ellos son negativos en cuanto al terreno dinámico la física de los vehículos los cultivos, estaciones , pero muchos de ellos compraran de nuevo el FS22 porque no hay otra alternativa etc etc con esto quiero decir que cattle and crops es un juego único e innovador tiene elementos que jamás se han visto en ningún otro juego yo deseo de todo Corazón que este proyecto siga adelante y sea un digno rival del FS por mi parte tenéis todo mi apoyo si queréis sacar DLC aunque sean simbólicos yo os los compro todos sí queréis haceros una cuenta de patreon para recaudar fondos yo os ayudare si queréis hacer un crowdfunding me tendréis a vuestro lado siempre
    • OceanPig wrote:

Hummel was very emotional in the video and therefore it was misinterpreted by some and so he deleted the video.
      Source?

This stinks to high heaven. There's no mention anywhere that development has stopped, at least that I can find. The game is still for sale on Steam and the website. If development has indeed stopped as he stated on the now deleted livestream then they should make that very clear. Not doing so is very disingenuous in my opinion and only further erodes any credibility they might have left after abandoning the community for so long.
    • In my eyes, the company killed itself by knowing they can't/don't want to do this anymore and not saying a single word for months - and heck, actually ever, because one livestream by someone I have no idea who he is in fucking german is not an announcement of ANY kind.

I wish I could get a refund. I'd use it to buy Farming Simulator.
    • Modebcn wrote:

I have to say that when this project was born for me it was incredible, I am a fan of agriculture simulators and as such the farming simulator was my flagship, I spent hours and endless hours playing but with the passage of time I wanted better content such as the soil dynamic, seasons, physics in the vehicles, in short more realism but over time I realized that GIANTS would never do that or at least not in the near future they want to make a commercial game and that everyone who has a minimum card graphic I can play it and so simple that they can play it from children of 8 years to infinity and this seems good to me but doing this you let a part of the most demanding players stay out and get bored, I was many years in the forum of GIANTS and I can assure you that they do not hear the community as an unconditional fan I read each post for years I am almost sure and watching the launch videos of the FS22 and seeing the comments about 30 % of them are negative in terms of dynamic terrain, the physics of the vehicles, the crops, stations, but many of them will buy the FS22 again because there is no other alternative, etc. etc. By this I mean that cattle and crops is a unique and innovative game. It has elements that have never been seen in any other game, I wish with all my heart that this project continues and is a worthy rival of the FS for my part, you have my full support if you want to release DLC, even if they are symbolic, I buy them all if you want to do it a patreon account to raise funds I will help you if you want to do a crowdfunding you will always have me by your side
      Nice sentiments, but we've already been down the crowd funding route. That's how this all started.
    • @Kerbo
      Why should CnC no longer be sold on Steam? Usually a game is released and then development is over. It is important that the price fits the scope of the game. Pure Farming 2018 is also still being sold on Steam.
      Mein System
      Display Spoiler

• Windows 10 Pro 20H2
      • AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor
      • NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3070
      • GPU-Treiber-Version 465.89
      • 16 GB RAM
      • Monitor-Auflösung 3440 x 1440 144 Mhz
      • Logitech Driving Force GT
    • OceanPig wrote:

@Kerbo
      Why should CnC no longer be sold on Steam? Usually a game is released and then development is over. It is important that the price fits the scope of the game. Pure Farming 2018 is also still being sold on Steam.
      Why? Because it's far from finished. They slapped a 1.0 label on it (and that's when I knew we were in trouble) but it's barely more than a tech demo. It's only fair to either 1) let people know that development has stopped and it's nowhere close to done or 2) remove it from the store and website

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kerbo ().

• I agree. If they have indeed stopped development with the game still in its current unfinished state they should make an official announcement and then pull it from steam. It has been clear for a long time that the project was possibly beyond their skill level as developers to complete.

Rumours of a sad German guy saying they have stopped development on a livestream that no longer exists is not an official announcement of anything.
      There needs to be official discourse between the "devs" and the community on their intentions, or lack thereof.

This was a paid product, so they owe their customers an explanation.
    • But what if there is still several of us, who wants to play, for me unfinished, but playable sim, for someone unfinished crap.

If devs pull it off from the steam. Where will we download it again, when one for example reinstalling system etc?

Unfortunately, I'm not wondering why they stopped development. If the rumors are true and devs run out of money, they won't spend huge amount of time for free.
      I don't know if all of members did it as fulltime job or as a parttime job, so they must earn money for living etc...

Who of you, who argue with it, would make it for free. No payment. Hours and hours checking tags and milions rows.

I think they have great skills, but they were few. Don't forget that most of them made many mods and scripts for former FS.
      Then they decidet to try to make their own sim. At the beggining all celebrated and admired them and now when things go wrong, people can mostly just throw mud and turn about.

Devs made a lot of work, what giants didn't during 10 years.
      Lot of inovations and ideas came true.
      Ok, MP is missing, what minds me as well.

Well we must take it as a fact and wait for official announcement. All of this is just one lady said....

Thats my own opinion.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit
    • Dylan81 wrote:

But what if there is still several of us, who wants to play, for me unfinished, but playable sim, for someone unfinished crap.

If devs pull it off from the steam. Where will we download it again, when one for example reinstalling system etc?

Unfortunately, I'm not wondering why they stopped development. If the rumors are true and devs run out of money, they won't spend huge amount of time for free.
      I don't know if all of members did it as fulltime job or as a parttime job, so they must earn money for living etc...

Who of you, who argue with it, would make it for free. No payment. Hours and hours checking tags and milions rows.

I think they have great skills, but they were few. Don't forget that most of them made many mods and scripts for former FS.
      Then they decidet to try to make their own sim. At the beggining all celebrated and admired them and now when things go wrong, people can mostly just throw mud and turn about.

Devs made a lot of work, what giants didn't during 10 years.
      Lot of inovations and ideas came true.
      Ok, MP is missing, what minds me as well.

Well we must take it as a fact and wait for official announcement. All of this is just one lady said....

Thats my own opinion.
      There have already been an official announcement that they ran out of money and stoped the development.

And I agree, removing it from steam would not be the best move (unless they go with the open source path), but they should be transparent with that it have been abandoned so people don't by it and expect that it is still in development.
    • I do not understand your point of view. Why should CnC no longer be sold on Steam? Most of the games will not be further developed after the release. It is important that the price is appropriate to the content.
      Mein System
      Display Spoiler

• Windows 10 Pro 20H2
      • AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor
      • NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3070
      • GPU-Treiber-Version 465.89
      • 16 GB RAM
      • Monitor-Auflösung 3440 x 1440 144 Mhz
      • Logitech Driving Force GT