Game crashes every 15 minutes

• Game crashes every 15 minutes

Hello, just bought the game today from your website and added it to my Steam account. I really love it. I started with the tutorials but the game crashes about every 15 minutes no matter what I do. I think it's something with saving to OneDrive. I've tried couple of things like turning on/off the autosave, turning off the Steam Cloud sync, lowering the graphics quality. No luck. I'm sending the log if that helps. Thanks!

EDIT: Uninstalled the game, deleted both OneDrive and Steam folders, reinstalled the game, turned off OneDrive sync, run Steam as Administrator. No luck. After 15 minutes in game it crashes to desktop :(
    Files
    • Debug.log

(22.17 kB, downloaded 277 times, last: )

The post was edited 1 time, last by Houmr9 ().

• I don't have 3rd party antivirus, just Windows Defender. It crashes also with cloud saves disabled.
    I have reinstalled the game, so it crashed with new profile too.
    I'd like to try no-steam version, where can I get it?

EDIT: The game crashes exactly after 15 minutes (measured) even if I run the game and stay in the main menu.

UPDATE: So, it must be my computer. I've installed the game (from Steam) on another computer (low-end laptop) and it runs well, no crashes.

Also I went to the Event Viewer in Windows settings and found this:

Faulting application name: CattleAndCrops.exe, version: 1.3.5.0, time stamp: 0x6063274a
    Faulting module name: XAudio2_7.dll_unloaded, version: 9.29.1962.0, time stamp: 0x4c0643cc
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000032891
    Faulting process id: 0x5a8c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d77fe01d3de1ad
    Faulting application path: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Cattle and Crops\CattleAndCrops.exe
    Faulting module path: XAudio2_7.dll
    Report Id: 598ac485-3ff9-4c45-b89b-e937f4e3bffd
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

The post was edited 2 times, last by Houmr9 ().

• Hello,
    I don't know if this helps, but
    Far Cry 3 crash every 15 minutes because XAudio2_7.dll_unloaded (in MicroSoft community)
    Sounds a little bit the same problem for me. When I searched for "Faulting module name: XAudio2_7.dll_unloaded" I found also more links. So this problem is not related to the game CnC directly, it is more a sound compatibility problem from the system.
    (This problem with this dll also occur in well known games like: Witcher3, SkyrimSE, Far Cry 3, Assassins Creed ... )

At the end of the article some solutions and a solution link is available. Maybe a good starting point.

Greetings
    Pebcak

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pebcak ().

• Right, went through the other forums and found a mention about disabling "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service" in Windows Services (services.msc). Did try that, but then Steam couldn't start and then I realised my old Wacom tablet (which I don't use) is still connected to USB at the back of my computer, so I just unplugged it and THAT WAS THE TRICK! No more CTDs! Weird how XAudio2_7.dll is related to handwriting device!

Thanks anyway!