Is there any news or sign of life after 2months of silence and with summer holidays coming?

• jurandus1 wrote:

Caleb wrote:

no, that way "international" doesn't deal. Its an german game (so to say). English people should understand that, i think
      German or not, it's addressed to a wider public, not just native speakers of German. FS is also a German game and they recently made a stream in English.
      Not really german, its a swiss product. But sure CaC is not addressed to german speaking player only.
    • CallMeMegalo wrote:

Caleb wrote:

no, that way "international" doesn't deal. Its an german game (so to say). English people should understand that, i think
      As far as I remember the support is about 50/50, not making it a German game. Why would you alienate half of your backers by speaking German? Most Germans understand English as well after all.
      Game is out in Steam and GOG, so what audience they used to have for KS is no longer that relevant to be honest. They need to expand and reality is that German is tiny, obscure language when it comes to both Steam and GOG customer potential and should be treated as one. And German speakers have to understand that they are very, very small target audience considering how niche this game really is. (And I am native speaker of even smaller and tinier language so I know the pain but accept that English is modern day lingua franca)

MBB is shooting itself in both legs with shotgun by pretending it can go German only/first attitude on communication and actually have a chance in hell to grow somewhere.

And get active in Steam and GOG forums. No sales, no development. No English communication, very very little sales.
    • Jerry67 wrote:

Tregon wrote:

And German speakers have to understand that they are very, very small target audience considering how niche this game really is.
      Such statements are totally unacceptable.I can't accept that either. I hope a moderator will take care of it!
      Such statements are just fine. They reflect the authors opinion. Even if its not shared by your personal point of view, he is still entitled to speak it out.
      Mein PC:
      Display Spoiler
      CPU: Intel I7 8700 K @ 4,9 GHZ, RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Series DDR4-3333 32 GB Dual Kit, Mainboard: Asus Strix Z-370-G, Grafik: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti mit EKWB Wakü, SSD: Samsung 960 Pro NVMe SSD 1TB, Netzteil: Seasonic Prime 80 Plus Titanium 850 W.
    • Jerry67 wrote:

Tregon wrote:

And German speakers have to understand that they are very, very small target audience considering how niche this game really is.
      Such statements are totally unacceptable.I can't accept that either. I hope a moderator will take care of it!
      I base this on pure numbers. All numbers in millions.
      Global amount of English speakers native: 369,9, secondary 978,2 and total 1348
      Global amount of Standard German speakers native: 76,6, secondary 58,5 total 135

When removing from global English speakers all German speakers we still have 1213 million people left.

Sorry, when selling on global markets having English as primary interest is simply a must. Only language that can somewhat compete with it in terms of potential customerbase is Mandarin.
    • I don't know what this discussion is supposed to bring!This game is supported in many languages and that's a good thing.Have you ever made yourself smart in this forum which languages are supported at all?By the way, every stream from @Hummel has been carried out in German and English so far.Why do you think the stream should only be broadcast in English?Incidentally, I find this discussion unnecessary.
      Gruß

Rainer
    • Jerry67 wrote:

I don't know what this discussion is supposed to bring!This game is supported in many languages and that's a good thing.Have you ever made yourself smart in this forum which languages are supported at all?By the way, every stream from @Hummel has been carried out in German and English so far.Why do you think the stream should only be broadcast in English?Incidentally, I find this discussion unnecessary.
      Supported, yes. Communicated, no.
      It is not enough that you translate game to different languages, you have to communicate! And in most cases best way is to focus heavily on communicating in English for most audience.

Here it has been said, and correct me sure if I am wrong, that developers mainly speak German in stream and "important" bits in English too.
      Sorry but that just does not cut it! MBB is competing with Giants. They run 100% English streams on their product. Most of their twitch activity is in English in fact.

This stream which we are hearing about now was announced to German side ages ago. And mention of it was posted in English last Wednesday I think. Approximately one week prior to airing.

I like this game really and would love to see it improve a lot. But that means that they have to start thinking where they can make most sales to fund development. Out of comfort zone and down the English rabbithole.
    • Jerry67 wrote:

I find this discussion unnecessary.
      That's my opinion on that.
      This is a game of its own and is not called LS ...How long have you been here in the forum? I think you should read a lot to make such sayings and to be able to represent them.Sorry, I think that this topic is rocking up again into the immeasurable.That is why there is now an end from me at this point.Have a nice day!

Developer Livestream - Wednesday 04.08.2021 - 6pm

Read in the English part of the forum!
      Gruß

Rainer
    • Jerry67 wrote:

Jerry67 wrote:

I find this discussion unnecessary.
      That's my opinion on that.This is a game of its own and is not called LS ...How long have you been here in the forum? I think you should read a lot to make such sayings and to be able to represent them.Sorry, I think that this topic is rocking up again into the immeasurable.That is why there is now an end from me at this point.Have a nice day!

Developer Livestream - Wednesday 04.08.2021 - 6pm

Read in the English part of the forum!
      Dont blame other user.
    • Jerry67 wrote:

Kartuffelstamper wrote:

Dont blame other user.
      These are not accusations!This is published in the English part of the forum and can be read by everyone.That is a fact and not a reproach.
      I have been reading this forum for a very long time. And first time such stream was announced was well before recent flood disaster in Germany. And at that time, and I did very carefully check English side of this very forum, there was no mention of such stream in English side. Only German side.

As for what this game is called... It is irrelenvant. It is in competition with FS and as such it's developers should pay some attention to how the biggest player of niche field handles things. And beyond that, as numbers establish... Playing English as second fiddle is going to bite ANY game publisher badly, smaller niche they try to cater worse it gets. German market for agricultural simulations is not going to give very good income to MBB. They have to start to think globally and shift their communications primarily to English.

Of course, MBB is free to keep doing as it is. There is plenty of room among the franchises like Pure Farming 2018. Or Professional Farmer 2014.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tregon ().

• Oh wait, he has finally spoken something in English, though I didn't like what I heard, as all the above arguments were in fact correct. Most of the stream is in German and only bits of it in English. I find it hard to accept both as a customer and a gamer. I feel like I am being treated as a second category person, not worth to bother with the transltion. I don't think this is the right way to treat your audience.

Could someone post a sumamry of this stream here, after it is finished? It's no use watching for me.
    • jurandus1 wrote:

Oh wait, he has finally spoken something in English, though I didn't like what I heard, as all the above arguments were in fact correct. Most of the stream is in German and only bits of it in English. I find it hard to accept both as a customer and a gamer. I feel like I am being treated as a second category person, not worth to bother with the transltion. I don't think this is the right way to treat your audience.

Could someone post a sumamry of this stream here, after it is finished? It's no use watching for me.
      One of the people in Steam gave synopsis that they are out of money and development is over.
    • Borsuk8428 wrote:

Yes
      they have no more money and dev team working on different project now, he will try to finish multi and other task as a hobby, he said that he will try to do streams from development but no promise. overall our money gone to the drain,
      Game itself has most functionality working fine, though overall bit shallow outside simulation of environment. So not all is lost.

I hope their next project does not fall into same holes as this one.
    • What the hell?
      That was the last time I backed something up.

They obviously have no idea about economical and marketing things. One would think they have this crap figured out when starting a company, taking people's money and selling a product.

Not the slightest sense of decency either, cutting all communication without explanation, and only doing a stupid german stream as we expected.

edit: meanwhile, this "game" is still for sale on Steam, so they are obviously not against taking more money for nothing. That's ridiculous.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Octopuss ().

• Octopuss wrote:

What the hell?

They obviously have no idea about economical and marketing things. One would thing they have this crap figured out when starting a company, taking people's money and selling a product.

Not the slightest sense of decency either, cutting all communication without explanation, and only doing a stupid german stream as we expected.

edit: meanwhile, this "game" is still for sale on Steam, so they are obviously not against taking more money for nothing.
      It might be that they handed over distribution rights to Toplitz when they got them as publishers.

And Toplitz is company I have found to be quite eager to have half complete games dumped while shifting their attention to next release (preferably Early Access so they can milk it without need to complete the game). So from that viewpoint it makes perfect sense.

Either way. Remains to be seen what MBB does next. But if they do not grasp points made here about communication and specially priority of languages in communication, I remain wary of outcome.

As well as paying attention to distribution channel communication. GOG forum is dead, Steam has mostly talk in German.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tregon ().

• Tregon wrote:

Octopuss wrote:

What the hell?

They obviously have no idea about economical and marketing things. One would thing they have this crap figured out when starting a company, taking people's money and selling a product.

edit: meanwhile, this "game" is still for sale on Steam, so they are obviously not against taking more money for nothing.
      It might be that they handed over distribution rights to Toplitz when they got them as publishers.
      And Toplitz is company I have found to be quite eager to have half complete games dumped while shifting their attention to next release (preferably Early Access so they can milk it without need to complete the game). So from that viewpoint it makes perfect sense.

Either way. Remains to be seen what MBB does next. But if they do not grasp points made here about communication and specially priority of languages in communication, I remain wary of outcome.

As well as paying attention to distribution channel communication. GOG forum is dead, Steam has mostly talk in German.
      I predicted pretty much this when they announced the "partnership" with Toplitz on these forums towards the end of last year just before the game went out of early access. I am not happy to have been proven right, because we needed a good competitor in this farming "simulation" genre. The writing was on the wall when they partnered with Toplitz though.

Jerry67 wrote:

Why is the game no longer allowed to be offered? @Octopuss???
      It's up to you whether you still want to buy the game ...
      What kind of point of view do some have here?
      Just stop, please. You have blindly defended this game for so long and everything bad that people predicted has come true. Perhaps it's time for the defence to rest?