Some issues with gameplay and game in general

• Some issues with gameplay and game in general

Issue 1 Fuel consumption

I think it's slightly unrealistic as all the tractors have pre-set a fixed amount of fuel they use no matter what. I can drive just a tractor on the road at its top speed and the fuel consumption is around 26 l/h (Claas Arion). Then,I can drive the same tractor with a fully loaded trailer and it uses the same amount of fuel.
    The same goes with field work. I doesn't really matter if I'm using a seeder, a ferilizer spreader or a heavy plow, it still uses the same omount of fuel. The soil type doesn't affect that either. Actually it does but only to some extent, it reduces the work speed if your tractor isn't powerful enough but doesn't change fuel consumption.

Issue 2 Animal pasture

What is it actually used for in the game if I can't leave the animals there overnight because the next day I get a message that they are hungry. You can do that in real life you know and they are not hungry becuse they eat grass.

Issue 3 Additional options in the menus which you can't actually use

There are some options to choose from, implying that there is more to the game that meets the eye. For instance, you can sort your animals by breed or sex. The same goes when it comes to missions, There some options in the menus regarding those, but there are none present. There is also a contractor on the map, which I remeber doing tasks for during the tutorial. It's a shame that these options are there, but you can;t do anything with them, Or maybe the creators have something on their minds which they are not telling us yet ;) ? Maybe some plans for the future? It would be fun to do some contracts and earn money while waiting for your crops to grow.

Issue 4 Experience points

What do we need them for? After finishing the turial and scenarios I am at level 6. I am constantly being given xp's for doing various tasks but I don't see that matter at all. The level hasn't risen any more and there no new functionalities unlocked thanks to that.

Issue 5 Character custmization

Is there a chance to change the appearence of our farmer? I don't like looking at that guy with receiding hair :).

The post was edited 1 time, last by jurandus1 ().

• Issue 6 Unrealistic damage

To make things clear, I'm not against the damage system in general, but the way it functions now is like a sad joke. It's very frustrating when you just touch an object, such as a wall or an appliance you want to hook up and you take damage. I can understand drving fast and hitting something would severly damgae the equpipment, but other than that?

Situation 1

You are making silage with a roller in the silage bunker. The tractor slightly slips off the heap towards the wall of the bunker and simply touches it with one of its sides. You take damage. Why? The speed was about 3-5 km/h, it wouldn't have affected the functionality of the tractor other than some scratches and dented metal.

Situation 2

You want to turn around with the roller to go the other way, so you are heading towards the end of the silo. Suddenly, you hear a clang as if you have just hit something. But you didn't, it was the roller touching the ground while coming off the silage in the bunker. The result? You take damage even though it was the same ground level.

Situation 3

You want to pick some silage from the bunker with a front loader and a shovel, so you drive towards it ti fill up the shovel. While touching the edge of a higher pile of silage you hear a clang and... you take damage.

Situation 4

You are driving along a road and want to take a turn, you barely touch the road sign with the trailer and take damage.

Situation 5

You are reversing to attach an implement at 2/3 km/h, but for the game it''s still too fast, you take damage.

And it's not only the implemet that takes damage in all of these cases, the tractor does as well. Why, if I had onyly touched the obstacle with an implememnt not the tractor itself?

At this point it's very frustrating and spoils the fun as you constantly have to repair your equipment, which is very expensive, takes time and happens way too often.
  • Hello @jurandus1.
    If that's too much of a good thing for you, then you can set the collision to zero, and you can also deactivate repair vehicles.
    Just take a look at the settings to see what works and what doesn't.
    You can also play this game arcade if you want.

Edit:What's stopping you from disabling featchers if you don't like them?
    Gruß

Rainer

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jerry67 ().

• Jerry67 wrote:

Hello @jurandus1.
    If that's too much of a good thing for you, then you can set the collision to zero, and you can also deactivate repair vehicles.
    Just take a look at the settings to see what works and what doesn't.
    You can also play this game arcade if you want.

Edit:What's stopping you from disabling featchers if you don't like them?
    I guess nothing and as I mentioned before, I'm not against it. I'm just sharing my opinion, I thought that's what this thread was for. I like playing using realsitic settings, though the problems which I mentioned above make it unrealsitic from my perspectice.
  • Jerry67 wrote:

This game is very advanced, all in all very playable, but it is not yet complete.
    There will certainly be a lot more in-game.
    That's exactly what I meant. I didn't mean to offend anyone one or criticise the effort the devs take. I simply wanted to point out to some features which might be worth rethinking.

It's like towing a camping caravan with your car. You don't damage the car when you scratch the caravan on a road sign while taking a turn, right? Unlike the game which does that.
  • jurandus1 wrote:

Issue 2 Animal pasture

What is it actually used for in the game if I can't leave the animals there overnight because the next day I get a message that they are hungry. You can do that in real life you know and they are not hungry becuse they eat grass.
    That sounds like a bug? I use pasture to grow my cattle on grass and not have to feed them. It's slower but works just fine. Did you also perhaps have cattle in the barn that needed fed?
  • I would like to do that as well, but I can't. All the cattle were outside in the pasture when I got the message. It seemed only logical to keep them there when the time is right. I don't know why the game treats the pasture like it doesn't provide food for the catlle. Maybe months matter? I did that in May, so maybe the temperature outside wasn't high enough? Does that matter in the game at all regarding keeping animals outside?
  • Nachtfalke wrote:

They grow in the barn only at the Moment.

If they do not get food there will be a message but without any Impact.
    If that's the case then it's a recent change. I've pastured cattle as standard practice and it works fine with no messages about being hungry. I'll do some testing on my current save.

EDIT: It indeed no longer works. I only got one hungry message over about 130 days but the cattle did not grow. This is surely a bug because it used to work fine. :(

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kerbo ().

• Kerbo wrote:

Nachtfalke wrote:

They grow in the barn only at the Moment.

If they do not get food there will be a message but without any Impact.
    If that's the case then it's a recent change. I've pastured cattle as standard practice and it works fine with no messages about being hungry. I'll do some testing on my current save.
    EDIT: It indeed no longer works. I only got one hungry message over about 130 days but the cattle did not grow. This is surely a bug because it used to work fine. :(
    I am pretty sure, too, that it was working in the past that cattle was growing at the pasture but slower than at the barns.
    But this stopped working several versions ago if not before v1.0 I think.
  • One more thing connected with unrealistic damage: When you drive out of your cattle shed with slightly too high speed you take damage (the tractor and whatever implement is currently attached to it) at the time you are leaving fthrough the exit door.It seems that whenever there are two textures joined together the game acts as if you hit an obstacle.

Gameplay issue: You can easily start driving from the 7th gear (using manual gearbox), even if you have a huge trailer fully loaded attached. In reality you don't always have to start from the first gear. Sometimes it's possible using second or third. In some cases even fourth, when you are not pulling or towing anything and the tractor has enough torque or the gear ratios are apropriate. But not seventh and towing a trailer!
  • I have issue with hire worker/creating task fo cutting grass with forage harvester and using helper driving tractor with trailer and unloading material to silos 1 on farm.
    Is there any task in choice task menu so far,because it's confusing about this huge progress, of this gme, and I hit the wall and don't know how solve ,any advice ?
  • Arczimen wrote:

I have issue with hire worker/creating task fo cutting grass with forage harvester and using helper driving tractor with trailer and unloading material to silos 1 on farm.
    Is there any task in choice task menu so far,because it's confusing about this huge progress, of this gme, and I hit the wall and don't know how solve ,any advice ?
    Hi,

fortunately it is pretty simple.

you create a harvest task
    you can add yourself as a driver for the forage harvester.
    you add a second driver in the same task for the tractor + trailer.
    as unload destination you select farm silo 1.

that's it.

If you like you can hire two workers and let these two workers do the job on its own.

So I think so key point is that you chose "harvest" and that you add two drivers, one for the harvester and one for the trailer within the same task.
  • Again issue with taking damage

I hope the Devs would do something about it in the next update or so, because it's making my life miserable. I can't even do silage in the bunker silo. I have unloaded one trailer of corn and I'm trying to compress it with a roller, but it just keeps getting on my nerves. The reason is that while driving the roller (mostly) and the tractor (occasionally) keep getting damage withut any reason. I'm not touching anything, just driving along in the silos at about 5km/h forth and back. All I can hear is the "clung" noise I wrote about earlier. Sometimes once per one drive, sometimes three or four. So I have compressed this level of silage to 48,9%, starting with both the tractor and the roller at 100% (I specifically repaired them beforehand) and eneded up with the roller at 63% and the tractor 83% of damage. I want to make that clear: I did not touch a thing while driving with the tractor nor the roller.

Another thing concerns compressing the silage itself. I have never had the chance to exceed 49,9% of compression level. The tutorial says that the higher the level is, the better. The point is, that it's stuck at around 50%. I have tried driving at different speed, driving with or without the roller, but it doesn't really matter, 49,9% is the highest I could get. The amount of silage in the bunker doesn't influecnce that much either, as I had between 200 000 and 400 000 litres, depending on the attempt.
  • Pretty small collisions cause pretty big damage. Not unrealistic if you assume that all scratches, dents and other damage will be completely removed with the repair, up to the status of a visually as good as new vehicle. But unless there was a collision, the silage seems damn hard and sharp-edged :)
    I guess a compression over 40-50% doesn't make sense. If I remember correctly, in the tutorial the task was to condense to 30% or so. That will probably be sufficient or typically not condensed much further. But unfortunately I don't really know either
  • Caleb wrote:

But unless there was a collision, the silage seems damn hard and sharp-edged :)
    I guess that's exactly the point, although taken in a humoristic way. The silage does cause some sort of interference while driving on it. Even when it appears as smooth as a table it can be dreadful :). But jokes aside, that really kills the fun as you constantly need to repair the vehicle and I don't mean the general wear or care level, because that's a rather obvious thing to do.