Confused about how to make a headland in scenario 1

• Confused about how to make a headland in scenario 1

Hi, all,
    In Scenario 1: From Seed to Harvest, I'm a little confused about the headland Professor Farmstein talks about.
    When sowing corn, the professor says "If you are using the single-seed drill, first drive three tracks around the outside and then the long tracks."
    I'm not a native English speaker, so it's difficult to interpret. Especially about "drive three tracks".
    As far as I understand, at first, turn off the machine and drive around the field to mark the tractor tires on the field. When working on the field lane, I will know exactly where to raise the machine.

Is this my understanding correct? If so, I don't know why this procedure is limited to the single-seed drill, as I think it could be used in other cases (e.g. cultivating, plowing, grain sowing..) as well.

?(

Best regards,

The post was edited 3 times, last by PigeonBB ().

• You´re right, that´s hard to understand. I hope I don´t mess up anything in that scenario (in general it´s best to to exactely the things he´s telling you in the exact order).

While seeding, you´re working on the field lanes first and after that you´ll work on the U shaped headland lanes to cover up the area where you´ve been turning while working on the field lanes. You´re doing it exactly the other way round when harvesting - harvesting the headland first to gain space for turning the harvester while harvesting the field lanes.

I wouldn´t drive three times around my field to mark something with tire tracks. Those tracks will get lost and overdriven during the work. In real life you´re either using a GPS system to get the distance right or you´re just estimating the distance. In the game you´re just working as far to the edge of the field as possible (while still having enough room in the field to turn). When you´ve finished the field lanes, you´re starting the headland at some point. There you´ll see wether you need two or more lanes to cover the turning area.

I´m pretty sure that the scenario doesn´t log your driving or headland lines. I´m sure that this only happened during the tutorials (with the yellow tractor or cones that you had to pass).
  • Actually, the wheel marks are to deep when seeding, so my personal choice is to work the headlands after the lines.
    AMD Ryzen 2700X + Corsair H100x - 16Gb Ram - Curial 500Go SSD - Gigabyte RTX2080Ti Waterforce 11Go - 32'' FullHD Monitor - Logitech Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle with 2 side controllers

:S
    My English is not perfect, thank you for being indulgent...
    Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, Danke für ihr Verständnis...
  • I know it for nearly 10 years now, like Farmstone says whith the single seader they do
    the Headland first cause Corn " dont gives a F*** " :D about driving on it. Better seed first in soft ground, than try to seed it later in ground that have to be cutivate again bevore seed then. i was wonderd to as i watched it first time but when you take the time to think about you get it right.
    so the they normaly drive 3 rounds on the Headland and then the field lanes, the single corn unit cant lift up the ground so they need soft ground to seed well, and after growing i never see big difference between the both sectors. ( I Just know it in Germany) cant say how it is some other countrys

talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thre…playType=flat&setCookie=1

But In the game you coud do what ever you want, in the game the rules of the real one dont counts, i ever seed just field lanes, its ab bit .. turn around when there are trees, but in game i am lazy since there are no rules like in reality.
  • Thank you, everyone! I have still several questions.

I wonder if I will drive while sowing when first creating the headland around the field.
    When I working in a field lane and then turn into the next lane, will I be turning machine on the sowed ground?
    Because, when first go around the field, I thought I would drive only to leave the wheel mark without sowing.

I was very interested in this headland after learning how to make it through the wonderful tutorial! :D
    And especially in field 14, which is next to the farm, with trees and pasture fences around it, the turning space was small. So I was wondering what to do until now.
  • On many maps even the ki turns around off the map so specialy the Hammer have some problemms with the lift out and it needs morespace to move.

And yes you woud left some wheelmarks on the field when you drive like farmstone say. But i "think" that dont destroy the seed
    (like in real) corn is a fruit that dont harm much about driving over it, there must be much driving on it at late groving stage to harm it badly. and after the first growing stage the wheelmarks will disapper (Ingame)
    I am not shure about all the game features, i have more xp in real life farming, so i am sorry if there someting thats not right.

And i hope you now know that just the single seeders just need the oposite seeding style "in real Life" ingame you can do what ever you want to do. "The hammer is an exception because it has an rotary harrow" but this gilts for reality ingame you can do what ever you like.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zaku ().

• In any case you have to raise the seeder when making a turn. In fact you would not seed on a to wet ground as yes in this cas it should be seed and not drive.
    @RolliS2k Should be mention in a bug message...
    AMD Ryzen 2700X + Corsair H100x - 16Gb Ram - Curial 500Go SSD - Gigabyte RTX2080Ti Waterforce 11Go - 32'' FullHD Monitor - Logitech Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle with 2 side controllers

My English is not perfect, thank you for being indulgent...
    Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, Danke für ihr Verständnis...
  • Thank you everyone for teaching me. And I'm sorry my question isn't clear.
    Yes! I understand clearly today, in this case, "Seed three tracks" around the field not "drive three tracks"!
    I've enjoyed raise the seeder when making a turn at edge of area in many other farming sims, but I've never seen a simulator like CnC that is particular about headland details =O

I learned this time too, thank you!