Filling silage from a silo into a trailer

• Filling silage from a silo into a trailer

So here I am, lots of silage and my BGP digestate tank is almost full.
    But hey look, according to the Finance / Traders page in the menu, the harbor will buy surplus silage from me. Great!

But alas, when I try to load silage from the BGP silo into a trailer, it just falls straight through. I tried with the TransferKing and the Hawe SLW50, neither of them worked.
    AI helpers apparently won't do it either.

Now what?
  • Thank you for the prompt response.

Nachtfalke wrote:

Is working for me with Silageking Trailer.
    I Put Something in with shovel.

Trailer was in the Silo itself so Not outside.
    That's exactly what I did.
    Trailer inside the silo trigger (in case I spill some).

Used all vanilla equipment, no mods.
    So hmm. Pretty sure I did not miss the trailer, at least not entirely.

Did not think to take a screenshot, sorry.

Nachtfalke wrote:

PS:Ai Transport STARTING/LOADING at a Silo Not implemented.
    Ah, that's good to know.
    Are they planning to implement it?

I believe it would make sense:
    • Transporting silage from one silo to another (to make room for fresh chaff and a new fermenting cycle)
    • Selling surplus silage (for example when I made way too much or sold all my cows)
  • Not able to try it atm. But afaik the "empty a shovel" action does only work when there´s some place that can recieve the stuff beneath. So if you tip your shovel outside the silo and miss your trailer, then the stuff should stick to the shovel and there´s no way to spill the contents. (But I could be wrong and this memory might come from some other game ^^). I´d think that those two recievers above each other (trailer and silo) might be problematic. I´d at least try to fill the trailer while it´s standing outside.

Another thought considering game economics. I think putting the silage into the BGP is the most proficient way. If you don´t have the fields to fertilize with the digestate, you might even consider spilling the stuff to gain more space in the tank. Just take your Stapel trailer (or rent one for 2 hours), fill in the digestate and then empty the tank with the function in the radial menu. The waste of digestate and the rent of the trailer might be more efficient if you consider the extra income from the BGP - at least that´s what I think.
  • TheCoCe wrote:

I think whats happening is that you are throwing it back into the silo instead of into the trailer. Can you confirm that the silage is going back into the silo?
    I did not check the silo contents, but that's what it looked like.
    It fell through the trailer like the trailer wasn't even there, and it landed on the dark-grey floor of the silo.
    So yes, I'd assume the silo picked it up before the trailer did.

Beaker wrote:

Not able to try it atm. But afaik the "empty a shovel" action does only work when there´s some place that can recieve the stuff beneath. So if you tip your shovel outside the silo and miss your trailer, then the stuff should stick to the shovel and there´s no way to spill the contents. (But I could be wrong and this memory might come from some other game ^^). I´d think that those two recievers above each other (trailer and silo) might be problematic. I´d at least try to fill the trailer while it´s standing outside.
    That might be what happened.
    I do, however, recall from playing the game a few months ago that I did manage to spill silage when trying to tip it out of a shovel while not being in a silo.

And what Nachtfalke wrote earlier seems to confirm that it would be possible to load a trailer while it is inside the silo. It would make sense for me, too:
    Them silos are long! When loading silage into the BGP bunker for example, instead of driving back and forth from the far end of a near-empty silo all the way to the BGP bunker with a lousy payload of 2600 l*, I'd rather load a trailer in situ, and then tip that into the bunker. Much less distance to drive and a lot of time saved.

(* Don't get me wrong, 2600 l is quite okay for a front loader shovel. Just saying I can get much more payload in a trailer.)

Beaker wrote:

Another thought considering game economics. I think putting the silage into the BGP is the most proficient way. If you don´t have the fields to fertilize with the digestate, you might even consider spilling the stuff to gain more space in the tank. Just take your Stapel trailer (or rent one for 2 hours), fill in the digestate and then empty the tank with the function in the radial menu. The waste of digestate and the rent of the trailer might be more efficient if you consider the extra income from the BGP - at least that´s what I think.
    Funny you mention that,
    I was selling the chaff directly to the harbor to find out what is the most profitable way.
    Last season I made 28,000 € from a 4.96 ha field, by making it into silage and burning that in the BGP.
    I felt that 28k seemed way too low of an income for such a large field area, so this season I wanted to try the harbor. Turns out my math was wrong though, I hadn't factored in that prices at the harbor are in kg, not l.