Growing Hay/Grass. How many cuts per season?

• Growing Hay/Grass. How many cuts per season?

Hi all. It's not immediately leaping off the website at me. Do you/can you get more than one cut of grass per season? Even in short season areas.. ( Like, say.. Alberta ) you get at least two cuts. Here in Southern Ontario, third cut cannot be depended on year after year, but we got at least some nearly every year.
      The weather for the game is... central Germany? So perhaps a little milder than where I live. And it never snows in game. Under the conditions and temps I see on the calender, I would expect to get three cuts every year, with diminishing yields. ( say.. 100%, 85%, 60%.. ish. from memory, not yield records, sorry. )
      So... Works now? Planned for future? Considered too broken to get multiple cuts over multiple years with minimal input costs? Good hay is expensive as hell to seed. Anything less than 4 years of solid production makes it lose money, at least here.
      If I completely missed the section on this from C and C, please point me right way and I''ll show myself out.
      Thanks in advance.
      R5 3900x / Crosshair 6 Hero / 32 GB Gskill FlareX 3200 / Vega 64 LC/ Samsung 960 Evo NVMe
      M.2 500GB / Samsung 840 Evo Sata 6 500Gb / 1TB WD Blue / Thermaltake 360mm AIO
      / Corsair HX 850w / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / Win10 Home 64 bit / LG 34UM88C 3440 x 1440 21 x 9 monitor.
    • Chicken wrote:

Hi all. It's not immediately leaping off the website at me. Do you/can you get more than one cut of grass per season? Even in short season areas.. ( Like, say.. Alberta ) you get at least two cuts. Here in Southern Ontario, third cut cannot be depended on year after year, but we got at least some nearly every year.
      The weather for the game is... central Germany? So perhaps a little milder than where I live. And it never snows in game. Under the conditions and temps I see on the calender, I would expect to get three cuts every year, with diminishing yields. ( say.. 100%, 85%, 60%.. ish. from memory, not yield records, sorry. )
      So... Works now? Planned for future? Considered too broken to get multiple cuts over multiple years with minimal input costs? Good hay is expensive as hell to seed. Anything less than 4 years of solid production makes it lose money, at least here.
      If I completely missed the section on this from C and C, please point me right way and I''ll show myself out.
      Thanks in advance.
      Intended is that you can cut 4 times a year in CNC. If you read ingame, fieldmenü, fieldgrass it says something like "up to 90 days".

Something to remember:
      • First time field seeded with fieldgrass it starts BBCH 0
      • optimal yield is starting BBCH 60 up to BBCH 79. This means you can cut with maximum yield when BBCH 60 and not need to wait until BBCH 90
      • After you cut the fieldgrass it stops growing for some time, several days AND THEN starts growing at BBCH 20.
      • below swath nothing growths
      • so after the first cut you only have to wait from BBCH 20 up to BBCH 60, using fertilizer and this should make it possible to cuts several times in the year
      • back to "up to 90 days" 4x 90 days means 360 so should perhaps be possible with less fertilizer and perhaps growing longer than BCCH 60
      PS:
      growth has dependencies of weather, sun, warmth. So in winter days when it is cold it will not grow as fast as on warmer days. And yes in germany in general we have snow in the winter but swon as an effect/shader is not implemented yet in CNC.

Regards
    • Thanks! So more than one then.. I'm 2/3 through first harvest (wheat/straw to sell) and was cogitating on trying hay for next in game season.
      Figured I'd ask before I committed. Then I would just have to duck the rain...... Apparently it rains a lot on this farm....
      I don't know if I'm brave enough lol. Grew up farming. 20 years roofing. Been staring at the sky for 40 years...
      Thanks again.
      R5 3900x / Crosshair 6 Hero / 32 GB Gskill FlareX 3200 / Vega 64 LC/ Samsung 960 Evo NVMe
      / Corsair HX 850w / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / Win10 Home 64 bit / LG 34UM88C 3440 x 1440 21 x 9 monitor.
    • Nachtfalke thanks for that nice set of details.. Should help out other people I would think.
      Excellent growth mechanics there. Very realistic for a video game. Yes I know that's the goal lol. Good job.