Pinned Feedback Thread

• Feedback Thread

Last weekend there was a big discoussion in German part of the forum. People were discoussing the current state of the project (like communication, the forum, update quality and so on).
      We though it would be a good idea to extend on this and get the English speaking community involved as well.
      We are bringing all the feedback together (currently ~30 pages), cleaning it up, sorting it and we will get together with MBB in person to discuss it.
      We don't have much feedback from the English community though, so I though I'd create this thread and ask all of you about your overall feedback regarding CNC.
      We'd be grateful if you could tell us everything you like and everything you are unhappy with and would like to change at this point of time.
      We are not looking for feedback regarding anything like specific features, we are looking for feedback regarding the project CNC.
      If you don't want to give this feedback in this public thread feel free to send it via PM to me.
      Thanks in advance!
    • Well there is alot that's not implementera yet so I feel it's hard to give feedback due to not knowing if it is temporary (like the gearbox is) or if it is something that is suposed to be that way.

But one thing that I feel could be done better is the planing of patches. Quite often they get delayed and that uppset some People. Just add an extra week in the initial planing and release it a week early instead if ready. And if you have to delay a patch, you've done it the day before or even the same day. This can add to that anger due to they hype being on top for the pacth during that time.

A company that don't (atleast not alot) miss their deadlines looks more proffesional and will reduce the amount of angry comments.
    • So what stops them delaying patch again even if they include the week of delay on current one?

If they delayed it i can understand BUT if they calculated delay and than still push the update back would be serious problem for them not meeting any dates..

I like it more like this they set a date and if they can not deliver they should let us know by posting on forums. Attleast day early.
    • Personally I think deadlines are a good thing. Probably even more so when it is public knowledge. Beeing in the house flipping business I can attest that without these things can draw on forever. The game is beta and delays will happen. Some people will never understand that.

This being said often times after "big" updates something is broken. It seems that MBB does a very good job of pushing out a hotfix within a couple of buisness days. However where the release is usually on a Friday, it means we're without the game for 4-5 days total. My suggestion would be to push these big updates to Tuesday or Wensday morning in the hopes that this gives devs time to release hotfixes before the weekend (when the majority of players have ample time to play). It's not a perfect solution but would be better than what we have now in my opinion.
      Nothin' Runs Like A Deere When It's Gettin' Chased By A Magnum

Display Spoiler

i7 6700k @4.6 ghz w/ 360mm AIO liquid cooler
      32gb Corsair Vengance 3200mhz
      2 Asus Strix GTX 1070's w/ HB Bridge
      Asus Maximus Hero VIII
      Corsair HX 850i
      256gb Samsung 960 Evo (Boot)
      512gb Samsung 860 Pro (Games and Programs)
      1tb WD Black (Recordings)
      2 2tb WD Red (Mass Storage & Back-ups)
      Asus Blu-Ray Burner
      Corsair 780T
      APC 1500VA UPS w/ additional battery
    • All I am saying is that in my opinion it looks unprofesional to miss your deadline time after time and proposed a way to deal with the problem.

Of course they can delay it again due to misscalculations but one week is quite alot of buffer time. We would not know of this buffer it would solely be for them to have a margin for error which they seem too need.
    • I suppose they could do as your saying,@'Nybyggarn'y and on the flip side, if it's actually done early, release it ahead of schedule rather than behind.

Display Spoiler

Asus Maximus Hero VIII
      Corsair HX 850i
      Asus Blu-Ray Burner
      Corsair 780T
    • I think you ask this question to soon. Nevertheless here is my opinion. Game idea looks good , did not enjoy the game and i play it for curiosity, game FPS is annoying , allot of visual bugs, lack of support for steering wheel, key bind etc... some of Gameplay settings do not work (very hard to enjoy when 40% is not working) i do not speak German and game is not 100% in English. The idea of the game and details are the best i ever see. I do trust CnC will deliver.
      IT JUST WORKS

The post was edited 2 times, last by gheazu ().

• I would like to state a few more things that after sitting down at my desk have come to mind. First, it's obvious that the game developers pay attention to the forum, otherwise hot fixes wouldn't come as quickly as they usually do. The moderators do an excellent job at letting people express there opinions without letting things get out of hand, and it's nice seeing developers pop in on occasion (albeit usually on the German side). This forum is excellent, however their actual web page seems to be lacking, as I have stated this in the past.

The vehicles and gallery are clearly outdated... by a lot. I'm not asking for sneak peaks of vehicles/equipment to come. But show off what ya got! As the game develops and more is integrated I would think this would cause a growth in sales if you were just to show it off a little more. I for one want people to buy this game for my own selfish reasons... I want MBB around for a long time. I've got 100 plus hours into it. Although I've grown frustrated on occasion with bugs, the core game is good, and the last thing I want is MBB running out of money :P (not suggesting that is going to be the case either).

Next... no one really seems to knows what's going on with the road-map.... is it really still a thing? Is it still being updated? I used to enjoy popping on every couple days to see that something that I was excited about had jumped 5%, but I have kinda given up on it. This leads me to my next point which also kind of ties into the timeline. I can see why the developers may be apprehensive on divulging what's down the pipeline, but again for my own selfish reasons, I'd like to know more. Even if it doesn't have exact dates. We all know that the Grassland update is the next "big" one, but surely there's more planned in between. A taste of what your working on for the "in between" time. Just stating a few things your working on a little more often, even if it's nothing big, would be nice.

The last thing I'd like to say, and this actually goes back to my first reply to this thread, and this is my opinion here so take it as you will. If you experience a delay in the future... I'd like to know more details about why. If there's a technical issue I'd like to see a statement. Something like "after adding x feature we experienced multiple game crashes (or) a snowball effect which caused y to not function correctly and we'd like to have this working properly before release". This shows both openness and care for the product. And if you're adding more features, what can we expect? After all... we're not talking about a top secret DLC. At this point we're talking about features that we are likely expecting to see implemented at some point in time anyways.

Anyways,
      All for now,
      Rubberburner89

P.S. Remember that you'll never please everyone on every update; Not even me... but your product is good and you should be proud of everything you've accomplished. :)

Display Spoiler

Asus Maximus Hero VIII
      Corsair HX 850i
      Asus Blu-Ray Burner
      Corsair 780T
    • 1-Poor communication with community about what is coming to the game. Roadmap is not updated, same for vehicles and brand section.
      For me delays aren't a problem because this is what you have to expect from a small team and a indie game.

2-Time
      I've played this game from the first release and i started follow the project before kickstarter. The time pass so fast and this is incredible because i was so impatient to play the first version of the game, but in 1 year and a half my hype vanished. In the major part of the updates i have a feeling, that the game is not becoming better. Ok, a lot of bug were fixed, but i can't feel it playing the game. I waited so many time from the release to today, just for get the real core of the game, that isn't complete yet. A lot of function that we reached after months had to be implemented with the first release. I can't see any improve in optimization, gameplay, physics, dynamic terrain and drive feeling. The game can be finished, but how many years i have to wait? I bought this game just for play multiplayer with a friends, but when? The core is not finished and stable yet, so i don't know what think. I'm worried about money, you are investing them? You are finishing them? How many people are working on the game? What we have to expect in the future?

I also see a lot of veteran of the english part of the forum that stop to be active. (me included)

I'm not accusing everyone, i'm just scary about my money. I've already wasted too many money on early access.

Good luck with the game.

Marco
    • One thing that that sprung to mind is that i have no idea if the bugs i repport have been noticed. A list containing known bugs would be a good way of being able to check if 1) they have aknowledged the bugg and 2) to check if a bug already is known so it don't pop upp 4/5 People repporting the same one.

Just a sugestion, some one might have a better idea of solving this but i know some bugs that i've reported early that have not been fixed yet.
    • We have now discussed the feedback and the proposed solutions in great detail.

As expected, we have to make some compromises, because everything is not realizable in terms of time and economy. However, I think we have been able to agree on a considerable number of changes concerning communication, information policy and update quality.
      We also have some plans to increase the flow of information between MBB, us moderators and finally, of course, you.

The explicit changes and a statement will follow in the coming weeks, as some of them will take a little time. I would, therefore, ask you to be patient for a little while longer because the changes have to be well considered and can't be realized from one day to the next.

Thanks again for the extensive feedback, it helped us a lot to get an overview of the situation.
    • did not see this threat earler because i lost the intrest in the game a bit for now.

but still i wanted to post here.

why did i lost my intrest a bit? first we had to wait a long time till first release (kinda expected but still it was already alot) i am playing almost all my games with friends so yea for me its a bit the same as FleXible353 sayed bevore. i still look in game with big patches but after 15 min i have checked all the new stuff a bit and go play fs17 again with friends.

i can say that the game does look amazing and i like it but i am more and more worryied that fs19 will be come bevore CnC will have multiplayer and the nieuw fs will as it looks like get some of the function that made CnC unique at the moment i buyed it.

now we need to wit till the next big patch grassland witch will probley like all other things in game add`s 1 machine of the things we need to do the task. and after that (far as i rembember i readed it somewhere i think) then will multiplayer be the next big update so bevore i (really) will enjoy the game a bit more we probley be close to the end of the year as the grassland update at this point has no date yet.

ow yea and a other thing i did post a few times bevore as well is that i got the feeling i have to read the german part as well as there are way more post from moderators even some devolpers are posting in german topics (yes probley also because the germans are more asking/keep bitching about things then we are doing here in english part of the forum (probley a biger part of the community is german). somehow i got the feeling i miss info (most of the time its very smal) if i dont read/try reading the german part
    • I agree with above points. Peronally i think some info around the game (how to control your beams, managing your fields etc. ) is lacking and to find it you have to search multiple english/german topics. Since a lot of functions arent implemented (like soil conditions, fertilizing etc.). It is impossible to see if things are working or not (whats for example the use of the lacotech cutter?).

Since it is unfinished and lacking of features compared to competitors (ofcourse they have much bigger offices) i think the devs trowing the game on sale is a bad sign, most of the time sales atracts impulsic buyers (who wouldn't pay the honost price) who expect a full game for a reduced price. Good luck explaining the current flaws to them and hope they' l leave a positive review. I really really follow the Factorio metallity in here. You reward the ones that not support you completely.

Things as the roadmap and the brand selection of the website should be up to date (coming soon... it is not, you passed ' soon" awhile ago!) or removed completely.
      It is all about the expectations that are made to your backers/customers.

About false expectations: Q1 2019, multiplayer, biogas and handtools im three months. that sound pretty ambitious. Considering known progress.

For me one of the great features of CnC is Linux support. A function that i miss is enhanced controller settings, like combo keys (to set a singe analog trigger to multiple functions). I also wish to tell my workers to try to unstuck differently when i notice they got stuck, or they should decide themself to try a different approach.

I would love to see some feedback from modders since mod(der)s are important in games like these.

I don' t mind slow progression but don' t rush on steam and sales, you are not there yet.
      It is all about the expectations that are made to your backers/customers. Say what you do, and do what you say. And remember everybody always love updates. Some new players even decide on that.

I wish you blessed development.
    • Hello, I just have to leave my feedback.
      The game has a lot of potential I believe, but some urgent work need to be done.
      At first I would really love to see some improvements in the sound of the tractors engines. They are pretty bad for now;
      Secondly, I found that when moving around you can notice the trees changing shapes constantly, that is very weird;
      Also, in third person view, the farmer moves in a strange way, that needs some improvement also;

About the gameplay and immersion:
      Please, don´t make us start with a standard farm full of equipment. Make us start with a certain amount of cash and at least 3 farm options to start with (in three different areas on the map), with advantages and disavantages between them, and zero equip. Let us make our choices, like investing in a smaller field but with better machines, or a bigger field with cheap machinery. For instance, it would be nice having to decide if we should invest in farm size or equipment early on the game, maybe having to choose different house layouts, etc. Also it would be nice to have some interaction with other neighboors, with some interesting events. Maybe adding resting and feeding simulation, I don't know. Make this game interesting, not just sitting and driving, and plowing and harvesting, and selling!!!

Wish you luck!
    • Usaric-BR wrote:

Hello, I just have to leave my feedback.
      The game has a lot of potential I believe, but some urgent work need to be done.
      At first I would really love to see some improvements in the sound of the tractors engines. They are pretty bad for now;
      Secondly, I found that when moving around you can notice the trees changing shapes constantly, that is very weird;
      Also, in third person view, the farmer moves in a strange way, that needs some improvement also;

About the gameplay and immersion:
      Please, don´t make us start with a standard farm full of equipment. Make us start with a certain amount of cash and at least 3 farm options to start with (in three different areas on the map), with advantages and disavantages between them, and zero equip. Let us make our choices, like investing in a smaller field but with better machines, or a bigger field with cheap machinery. For instance, it would be nice having to decide if we should invest in farm size or equipment early on the game, maybe having to choose different house layouts, etc. Also it would be nice to have some interaction with other neighboors, with some interesting events. Maybe adding resting and feeding simulation, I don't know. Make this game interesting, not just sitting and driving, and plowing and harvesting, and selling!!!
      That was in 2018 now we are in 2020 and game is the same nothing has change in game play. It feels like Star Citizen
      IT JUST WORKS
    • gheazu wrote:

That was in 2018 now we are in 2020 and game is the same nothing has change in game play. It feels like Star Citizen

Often heared but still strange comparrison...
      Quoting wikipedia.org: "...mostly financed from a large private crowdfunding campaign of over US$250 million"
      The common thing is that both projects started with a crowd funding campaign. But given the dimensions, that's when it ends.

Reading the wiki I guess the amount of money invested in cattle and crops wouldn't even be enough to pay the marketing of star citizen for two month

The post was edited 1 time, last by GuybrushThreepwood ().

• so i know its been a few month since the last post, but there is a lot of mixed feeling about the future of CnC here and on steam. would be great if we could get a update after V1 is released. like i mean genuine answers, about the problems they face maybe issues with publishers? we don't want false hope or future update, just a real honest reality check up from the devs.
    • Hi all.. C & C is working on most things I would like to see. Tasks seem overly complex and don't always work, or not the way you think they will.
      Biggest thing I would like to see is more than 12 hours without rain. Scrolled ahead months and months. Best I could get was maybe 18 hours of no rain. For the entire year.
      Does it really rain in Germany 365 days of the year? Been baling hay and the drying mechanics are actually pretty good, I'm sure they will be tweaked.. But killing the price on bales without one single day of the year without rain is a little ridiculous.

One would realistically get at least 2 days per week without rain. Every week. Having temp, sunlight amount, and probably wind as drying factors is really cool.

But I baled high quality dry hay for well over 20 years when i was younger. If it rained 365 days a year i would have never owned a baler. Ever.
      R5 3900x / Crosshair 6 Hero / 32 GB Gskill FlareX 3200 / Vega 64 LC/ Samsung 960 Evo NVMe
      M.2 500GB / Samsung 840 Evo Sata 6 500Gb / 1TB WD Blue / Thermaltake 360mm AIO
      / Corsair HX 850w / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / Win10 Home 64 bit / LG 34UM88C 3440 x 1440 21 x 9 monitor.
    • Three day old game. ( calender days, realtime. Start of a new game untill mid august. I'll scroll the calender right now and look again.
      R5 3900x / Crosshair 6 Hero / 32 GB Gskill FlareX 3200 / Vega 64 LC/ Samsung 960 Evo NVMe
      / Corsair HX 850w / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / Win10 Home 64 bit / LG 34UM88C 3440 x 1440 21 x 9 monitor.
    • Just scrolled through the calendar of my current game. There are zero days without rain forecast for more than 18 ish hours continuously.
      For an entire year. Until the forecast stops showing up. Which is why I'm asking, because that cannot be your intention.
      I found it really interesting that moisture content was considerably lower, if I waited until 10 or 11 am to cut hay. Sounds about right for a middling drying day when it rained in the night beforehand. Cut at 7 or 8 am, get pretty high moisture once it's down. ( cut )
    • Chicken wrote:

For an entire year. Until the forecast stops showing up. Which is why I'm asking, because that cannot be your intention.Just scrolled through the calendar of my current game. There are zero days without rain forecast for more than 18 ish hours continuously. I found it really interesting that moisture content was considerably lower, if I waited until 10 or 11 am to cut hay. Sounds about right for a middling drying day when it rained in the night beforehand. Cut at 7 or 8 am, get pretty high moisture once it's down. ( cut )

I did 3 cuts on my grass fields the first year on my career save and didn't have any trouble getting it to dry. Just because there's a rain icon isn't a 100% guarantee that it will rain.
    • My grass was already at 25% wetness on second and third cut, that made it easier to produce hay :D But that bug should be fixed now.

Chicken wrote:

One would realistically get at least 2 days per week without rain. Every week. Having temp, sunlight amount, and probably wind as drying factors is really cool.
      Where are you located? In European climate this isn't normal, this isn't the american midwest.
      You can get weeks of pure sun and you can also get rainy days for literally weeks, but noone will guarantee you multiple days without rain every week through the whole year. Especially because of the higher humidity you will have thunderstorms in the middle of a hot and sunny day. That's physics.

Regarding the game's calendar, I witnessed multiple weeks with many sunny days. But the calendar isn't always right, there can be sun when you expect rain and vice versa. Like real life, meteorologists never get it right.
      Die Kunst der Programmierung besteht darin, eine leere Textdatei mit Bugs zu befüllen
      System: i5-3570k | AsRock Z77 Pro4 | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia RTX 2060 Super | OS: Gentoo Linux | DE: awesomewm