"Do not have permission to launch this title" and other issues.

• "Do not have permission to launch this title" and other issues.

Missed the last couple of updates, wanted to sort this one today. However, after fully uninstalling and reinstalling both the game files and launcher (as suggessted elsewhere) the game fails to boot once it has been installed.

My internet is painfully slow, the 2gb~ of the game takes around 3 hours, and having tried a reinstall a couple of times already, I'm at the end of my patience for today! As such, I do not have a photo of the exact error that I am getting.

There is no code number, it is not a error in the patcher itself, it seems to be a windows notification stating that, and I'm paraphrasing, "You do not have permission to launch this program". This could be for one of two reasons.

1: The launcher cannot seem to log me in AND install/launch the game. I can either log in, or install/launch, as any options are greyed out after logging in.

2: Avast thinks the game is fishy and has sent some report away for inspection. The game will not launch even after stating that I trust the file.

My original installation was of the first released version of the tech demo, and had no such install, download, or running issues. My system should also meet specs:

i7 4790k @4gz, GTX 970, 16GB ram, Win 8.1

So, a bit stumped and quite :cursing: right now, so will most likely wait for another build before trying again, unless some kind soul can offer some assistance here!

If someone has had a similar issue, please let me know :)
  • TheCoCe wrote:

Try to diable your antivirus software and run the launcher as administrator. To me it sounds like your windows user account doesn't have the right permissions.
    I appreciate the thought, but everything I run is as admin (automatically, and tried manually). Please give me a bit more credit than that.

Regarding Avast, just had a pop up saying the game was "clean" (which, I knew, but Avast didnt) so will try a reinstall today, and then see about adding C&C as an exception should there still be issues.

However, both of these things still ignore the fact that I can't log in AND install/launch the game together. After logging in, the button that would normally say "Update" or "Launch" becomes blancked out and says "Inactive" instead.

EDIT: Looks like it already is excluded in my Avast, so will reset that up once I have it reinstalled.

EDIT 2: The Dos prompt that pops on initially clicking "install" in the launcher, which I originally ignored, has a quick message saying to "Press any key to continue", usually just a way of skipping to the process manually. It appears that you must do this for the launcher to work properly.

I booted the launcher again and it now allows me to log in (nay, requires it) before I can click install (which is the way it should be). My hope is that it will work this time, however I will have to wait quite a while to try it out!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Lei07 ().