Track IR

• I play a lot of simulation games, most popular of those are the Farming Simulator Series and American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator and I love the fact that they all integrate well with my Track IR system. For those of you not familiar it is a device that sits on your monitor and then you wear a baseball cap with small device clipped to the brim or headphones with a device attached to them. The device allows the view in the game to change according to where your head moves so if you want to look left/right/up/down or turn completely around all you need do is turn your head slightly and the view will move. Much more immersive than pressing a key or using the mouse to change your view and it lets you use the fingers/hand you would otherwise use to adjust your view to perform other functions.

I would like to know if you will be implementing support for this system and if not why not please?
    • Hello Guys, just to make it more understandable, i'll Show you how this is done in LS/FS17 :

Video about how it works!

So you can see it provides help with looking around, especially when using a wheel or Keyboard, cause it offers a much smoother experience.

These Trackingsystems may be expensive but can be build cheap of you own, here is a Video with a tut about how to build it:

Video-Part1
      Video-Part2

So have fun with it ;)

These Videos are made by an old friend of mine of the German Com, known as Modelleicher, we will be both in the Forum and Game looking out how much fun CNC will eventually bring, and what will be possible ;)

Kind Regards from Schwabenmodding-Com ;)
      Mit freundlichen Grüßen MB-M@x von Schwabenmodding.de

PS An alle Nutzer der Kommentar-"Gefällt mir"-Funktion, die eine negative Wertung zu einem meiner Kommentare abgeben möchten: Bitte schreibt eine Begründung solange ich keine beleidigende oder verletzende Aussage getroffen habe, die Qualität meiner Kommentare rechtfertigt eine begründete Stellungnahme! Danke im Voraus.
    • There are many possible ways to make it happen but having it connected to your head offers a much more real experience ;)

PS An alle Nutzer der Kommentar-"Gefällt mir"-Funktion, die eine negative Wertung zu einem meiner Kommentare abgeben möchten: Bitte schreibt eine Begründung solange ich keine beleidigende oder verletzende Aussage getroffen habe, die Qualität meiner Kommentare rechtfertigt eine begründete Stellungnahme! Danke im Voraus.
    • Yes as i said it hightens the experience and it could be done by yourself ;) btw if possible we'll also bring a videoguide for the Gearshifter ;) Esp due to the fact that Tracs are in here and that gearbox is an essential gamefeature it is another nice little RL-Mod ;)

• JohnKalel wrote:

Do lots of people use this? I have never asked my right hand if it was fed up moving around to look...
      Is it expensive?
      I don't have it but as a wheel user and can say it is annoying to have to lean forward in my chair to reach for my mouse any time I need to change my view direction. Yes I know you could put it on the D-pad but I find camera controls using that to be slow and imprecise, so mouse it is for now. At $160 for Track IR I just can't justify it with cheaper (hopefully) VR headsets on the horizon.
    • Vorden wrote:

JohnKalel wrote:

Do lots of people use this? I have never asked my right hand if it was fed up moving around to look...
      Is it expensive?
      I don't have it but as a wheel user and can say it is annoying to have to lean forward in my chair to reach for my mouse any time I need to change my view direction. Yes I know you could put it on the D-pad but I find camera controls using that to be slow and imprecise, so mouse it is for now. At $160 for Track IR I just can't justify it with cheaper (hopefully) VR headsets on the horizon.
      Or as i mentioned before, build it by yourself ;)

• I have been running Track IR for many years now and find it hard to play any driving simulation, and some other first person survival games without it now. The only annoying thing I can find with this product is that it is wired, I already have a maze of cables everywhere, lol. would be nice if they could come up with a wireless sensor for the headset, without stepping down to the hat clip. I recommend this product to anyone who would like more immersion into the game, but make sure you get the pro version for greater functionality and accuracy.

Another great tracking product I have been using of late is the Tobii EyeX, it works in a similar manner to the Track IR, only it tracks eye movement rather than head movement, the only downfall, which is a small one is that you lose 2 axis that the Track IR has, which can simulate looking around object or leaning forward.
      However having said that Tobii have just released a new version of their EyeX, called the Eye Tracker 4C, it not only tracks eye movement but also tracks heads movement also, and All wirelessly, unfortunately my order has not arrived just yet so I have not yet had the chance to see how well it works.

In summery I agree with the OP and hope Track IR is implemented, and if possible also Tobii's EyeX and Eye Tracker 4C.

Links to Both Products for further info and purchase options, (if CnC would rather not allow these links please fell free to remove them).

Track IR System:
      naturalpoint.com/trackir/

Tobii EyeX and Tobii Eye Tracker 4C:
      tobiigaming.com/products/
      Desktop setup:
      Display Spoiler

Corsair Carbide Air 540 Cube Case
      Intel Core i7-6770K
      H100i GTX Liquid CPU Cooler
      Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming G1 1151 pin
      Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
      32GB Corsair Vengence @2133Mhz DDR4
      1x Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SATA SSD 500GB
      1x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB
      2x OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 128GB
      2x Segate Barracuda HDD 2TB
      Asus - 27" 2560x1440 G-SYNC (Main)
      Asus - 27" IPS 2560X1440 (Secondary)
      Windows 10 Pro x64
      256/50 internet Connection
    • @Stealth, ok so you gave me 2 mis/dislikes for mentioning and adding a link of a guide, to do it by yourself.

giving me a bad like is no problem at all, but should always be statet why.

What is wrong with my prop.? If you are not about to spand that amount of money but want it and can do it yourself for cheaper money, is this a bad idea? In my eyes not, cause sometimes DIY solutions can succes market versions.

and even selfbuild right done can look nice and be well thought.

so please stay fair and write in future whats setting you up. thx

• Hello everyone I use the IR track for more than five years CnC will be very boring without the track ir I play-ARMA 3-FS17-ATS-X3ap-War thunder-space shuttle simulator-coming soon star citizen-DCS world-FSX-assetto corsa and more games .. I think CnC will be very sad without the track ir I would play anyway but without this feeling To be really in the games thank's support track ir pls CnC

The post was edited 1 time, last by bidolot ().

• I really hope CNC will support Track IR too. I've been using it for the last 12 years now, and believe me it's a must for a simulation game. I didn't expect to buy FS17 if TracK IR wasn't supported, was really sick to always find tierce softares to use it in 09, 13 and 15 .

For the one who are wondering if it's worth it, my only answer is: "never get used to Track IR, or you will never play a future sim if TiR isn't supported" ;)
    • MB-M@x wrote:

@Stealth, ok so you gave me 2 mis/dislikes for mentioning and adding a link of a guide, to do it by yourself.

giving me a bad like is no problem at all, but should always be statet why.

What is wrong with my prop.? If you are not about to spand that amount of money but want it and can do it yourself for cheaper money, is this a bad idea? In my eyes not, cause sometimes DIY solutions can succes market versions.

and even selfbuild right done can look nice and be well thought.

so please stay fair and write in future whats setting you up. thx
      The dislikes was not for posting links directly, In future please PM me and I will gladly explain my reason's, but seeing as you have attempted to publicly shame me, here it is.

The dislikes are for you misguidance to the links and the content within them, Another user had asked about TrackIR and you posted a link to show how it works, (+1 for that one), however your links were in fact for a home made version, not the actual TrackIR, which in my eyes, (even tho it works on the same principal), is not the same thing, on top of that, TrackIR has a patent on their product, which means that you cannot legally Copy, Recreate or Market any product that resembles theirs, this includes the use of their SDK, from what I can gather that is exactly what your video links are effectively doing, even though you are not asking for any money or credit.

I am sorry if you think my opinion is either incorrect or out of line, but I am entitled to my own opinion all the same, and as for your comment that a dislike should always be stated, this also is untrue, like I said have a problem with it, PM and ask, easy fixed.

Here is another link for you, Hopefully you might smile at this one,
      facebook.com/LooperMoviesTV/videos/354740654873581/
      Desktop setup:
      Display Spoiler

Corsair Carbide Air 540 Cube Case
      Intel Core i7-6770K
      H100i GTX Liquid CPU Cooler
      Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming G1 1151 pin
      Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
      32GB Corsair Vengence @2133Mhz DDR4
      1x Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SATA SSD 500GB
      1x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB
      2x OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 128GB
      2x Segate Barracuda HDD 2TB
      Asus - 27" 2560x1440 G-SYNC (Main)
      Asus - 27" IPS 2560X1440 (Secondary)
      Windows 10 Pro x64
      256/50 internet Connection
    • Nah that is no problem, btw it was not my intention to blame/shame you, only to get to know why for others and for myself ;)

I was not writing about one produkt exactly cause TrackIR was more like the technology behind it, not especially about which software/product you should use.

Giving the people a suggestion how it works and how easily it could be run, or even made by yourself was my intention behind my 2 links ;)
      I've done this especially cause in the german part there were some comments about how expensive this is, and therefor only a small amount of people be interested in this.

so i fully can understand your opinion and im happy you shared it this way ;)

• JohnKalel wrote:

Is it expensive?
      Nope. In fact it is REALLY cheap.

And, to be honest, it was never - to me at least - a matter of "the right hand being fed up". I am a pilot in real life. I have been flying since 1999. I use Flight Simulation to practice things that frankly are far too dangerous to casually practice in real life. I also use flight simulation in combination with photo scenery to practice a long cross country before I do the trip in real life - to help me familiarize with what I plan to see on the ground.

In order to effectively treat the simulator as a simulator, I need to operate the machinery as in real life ... in flight, this involved keeping my hands on the throttle and yoke at all times, and also working radios, etc. So looking around with my head is far better than taking my right hand and adding that workload to it.

When farming Simulator 17 added Track IR support, I figured, "Cool". But after playing FS15 for so long, I was overly shocked at how much of a difference Track IR made for driving a tractor. I took advantage and added switches and knobs to my driving wheel setup to further expand my immersion and control of the heavy equipment in FS17. Now that I have experienced this, I cannot possibly fathom looking back.

The same goes for both ATS and ETS2.

To be perfectly honest, if C&C does not provide support for Track IR, even though I am a supporter and contributed to the game's development, I do not see myself playing or streaming gameplay very long if my hands go back to being restricted. C&C is offering such a HUGE potential over FS17 ... I'd hate to see TIR not included in that list.
      Faelandaea has been acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
    • Faelandaea wrote:

To be perfectly honest, if C&C does not provide support for Track IR, even though I am a supporter and contributed to the game's development, I do not see myself playing or streaming gameplay very long if my hands go back to being restricted. C&C is offering such a HUGE potential over FS17 ... I'd hate to see TIR not included in that list.
      Track ID is on the Roadmap, so is VR. No worries.

I don't use neither,, but I set op the "thumb knop" (I don't know the actual name) on my joystick up to be used for moving the camera so I don't need to touch the mouse and I constantly have my hand on the joystick, just as I do in real life when driving a tractor. So I never had any need for Track ID. I usually have something playing on a second screen too, so VR is not really anything I have any need for either. But I think it's great that they add for you guys who wants it :)
    • Faelandaea wrote:

JohnKalel wrote:

Is it expensive?
      Nope. In fact it is REALLY cheap.
      And, to be honest, it was never - to me at least - a matter of "the right hand being fed up". I am a pilot in real life. I have been flying since 1999. I use Flight Simulation to practice things that frankly are far too dangerous to casually practice in real life. I also use flight simulation in combination with photo scenery to practice a long cross country before I do the trip in real life - to help me familiarize with what I plan to see on the ground.

In order to effectively treat the simulator as a simulator, I need to operate the machinery as in real life ... in flight, this involved keeping my hands on the throttle and yoke at all times, and also working radios, etc. So looking around with my head is far better than taking my right hand and adding that workload to it.

When farming Simulator 17 added Track IR support, I figured, "Cool". But after playing FS15 for so long, I was overly shocked at how much of a difference Track IR made for driving a tractor. I took advantage and added switches and knobs to my driving wheel setup to further expand my immersion and control of the heavy equipment in FS17. Now that I have experienced this, I cannot possibly fathom looking back.

The same goes for both ATS and ETS2.

Agreed on all counts. Not being able to look around naturally during maneuvers has always been one the most frustrating limitations of sims for me, particularly flying. I'd go so far as to say that (and lack of feedback) sometimes makes sims harder to fly (or drive) than the real thing.

TrackIR and the like, while not perfect, are a huge improvement. Being able to "look" where you want to go without going hands-off on the controls makes all the difference. In FS17, it's awesome to be able to look back over your shoulder when backing up to a tool to hookup or for when to lift or lower the hitch. And being able to just look left or right to track your position makes headland turns a breeze.

I think the key to making C&C better than FS on this point will be getting all of the displays and indicators in the cab working so you can look at them instead of the "artificial" game hud displays. The TrackIR can't tell if you are looking out the window or at a HUD overlay, so it shifts your POV in either case, which is a little jarring at times. So, I think being able to keep your focus "out" in the "world" will help a lot.