TechDemo Release v0.0.9.2.1 - Changelog

• TechDemo Release v0.0.9.2.1 - Changelog

Today’s update is bringing good news for all AMD users that use Windows: you can expect a performance boost of 50 - 200%. This means that you can now play and test Cattle and Crops with higher graphic settings.

Linux users can also look forward to the update: Cattle and Crops now has a Linux compatible launcher. We have to add that we can’t guarantee accurate rendering or bugless graphics when you use open source drivers.

There is a new version of the Cattle and Crops launcher. Unfortunately you have to take a slight detour with this version. In order to activate the new launcher you just have to follow these steps:
      • Start the launchpad via Programs / Cattle and Crops
      • Enter your account data (username & password) and press ‘Login’
      • It crashes! (‘Launchpad doesn’t work anymore’) Don’t panic!
      • When you start the launcher the next time, you’ll have the current version where you don’t have to log in any longer.

As always you can keep track of the improvements, bug fixes and changes that have also found their way into the current version in our changelog.

Changelog:
      • NEW: Linux release
      • NEW: Launchpad reworked: supports Linux; logging in is only necessary once, afterwards you will auto-login; status of the complete download is visible; crashfix when ending and updating. An update can now be downloaded without having to delete all other data first.
      • BUG FIX: UserActions: implement box isn’t too small any more when there is no user action
      • BUG FIX: Red stripe isn’t visible any more when the employee starts plowing a new lane
      • BUG FIX: Character animation of a pedestrian (male 2)
      • BUG FIX: Claas/MB Trac: Steering wheel indoor synchronized to steering
      • BUG FIX: Dammann Land-Cruiser: CabControl doesn’t stay above the UserActionSidebar when manually detaching
      • BUG FIX: AI traffic isn’t displayed on the mini map any longer
      • BUG FIX: CabControl panel: ImageButton should work as well
      • BUG FIX: UI: Vehicles menu: Searches for the name of a vehicle series as well
      • CHANGE: Camerazoom in the vehicle has been increased considerably
      • CHANGE: Script editor: UserAction can be disabled
      • CHANGE: Editor: Keyboard shortcut for “select with all materials” has been added
    • Or delete whole folder Documents\my games\Cattle and Crops.
      Deleting specific save only, you might loose your 5 000 000 cash. Deleting whole saves, you will spawn at midnight 1st of January.

If you delete whole folder stated above, you must reset your control settings again etc, but all will be like before save (cash, date,...).

Temporary rule for Tech demo - DON'T SAVE!!!!!!!!! Or game crashes after another start, at least for AMD graphic cards users.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit
    • I updated today for the first time since...oh, 0.0.9? Ran though the latest tutorial (fertilizer sprayer) and was interested to see:

- The update downloader needed to be uninstalled and reinstalled, but thanks to you folks that process was painless.

- During the update, which nicely only downloaded new content, I noticed 230 MB worth of "characters" which I take to be pedestrians. They move interestingly. All had the same gait, which looked natural, but their speed was higher than their gate would suggest. So they skate, sliding along the ground at jogging speed. Saw about 6 different "types" of pedestrians. Perhaps there are more.

- One pedestrian, from a distance, looked blue and sparkly. Closer to, they were fully "clothed" in a lavender-blue texture with black X's all over. (The black X's had gold colored borders, which probably contributed to the sparkly look.) I take it that this particular texture is used when the intended one fails...? Which means there is a bad texture or the game is sometimes asking for a non-existent one.

- Of course, 0.0.9.2 features a huge fertilizer sprayer that is so wide, no more than two passes on any single field is needed. Unfortunately, as seems usual in these tutorials so far, the yellow circle you drive to is NOT aligned with the centerline of your unfolded implement, so to get to the next stage of the tutorial, you arrive misaligned from where you ideally ought to be.

- I did not see a planter / seeder, but I think I had seen in this forum about a month ago, that at the last minute they had to abort rolling out their intended planter model due to a license being withdrawn by the manufacturer? In support of exclusivity with another farming game developer?

- Load times for new objects (the world at start of game; individual pedestrians and automobiles when they appear) is still fairly long, so my game stutters quite a bit now. Maybe optimization at some point will help with this.

Don't believe any of these could be called bugs except the pedestrian texture issue. I'll post it elsewhere if nobody else has.

Have I missed anything fun and exciting?
      I like farm sims so much I moved to REAL farm country...