Unmentioned Game play mechanics

• Unmentioned Game play mechanics

Hello CnC community!! I am very excited that the game is so close to being released. However, I am curious about a couple of things that I haven't heard mention of yet.

1. Will farmers be able to cut down trees?

Now hold on before you start bashing me and saying this is not a forestry sim. Every farmer has the need to remove a couple of trees. Whether it is to make a field bigger or maybe just because the tree is in the way. I've played Farming sim since the 13 version and it was great when they finally came to their senses and allowed trees to be removed as it really helped with the AI getting stuck as well as combining fields. I'm just curious if we will be able to do the same? I'm not interested in forestry per say.

2. Although it was plagued with bugs, I was able to play Agricultural Sim 2013. It had some fantastic ideas but the devs failed to deliver (as anyone who ever tried to play already knows).

I've watched the videos provided and am very impressed with the quality but I am wondering some things. In Agri Sim13 the ground would deform as the tractors drove over it. The grass would lay down and eventually just turn to dirt and ruts from the tires would get deeper (slightly) the more you drove over the same area (to an extent). Also, if you ploughed a field wrong and wound up with deep furrows you wouldn't be able to drive over it with a small tractor as it would bottom out and get stuck. Also, after ploughing (and unlike Farming Sim), you certainly have to cultivate the field to flatten it out usually with multiple passes depending on your ploughing skill. It was the closest thing to real life field work I have ever played. Is any of this implemented in the game?

3. Muddy Fields.

I am excited to see this feature implemented but am curious to know if the dirt can be moved around to fill in low spots or do they just stay that way and get muddy in the same places every time it rains?

I hope my expectations aren't set too high but I am a simmer. I want things in a simulation to be as close to real life as possible and within reason. To me Farming Simulator is NOT a simulator. It is more of an arcade style game designed to be played on a console, smart phone or tablet. Even with mods it's still not quite worthy of the Simulation title IMO. I'm really looking forward to CnC as it being built for the PC. Later it can be altered to run on other platforms.
      To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid
    • Awesome questions. I just hope we didn't set the bar too high and lots of people get disapointed when game is released.
      To be honest i have very high expetations about muddy fields, plaughing and fertilizing. Because in FS fertilizing didn't make much sence in case of which fertilizer is beeing used and in which period of growth of the plant.
      Oh yes...i almost forgot. The weather! I hope they do something about that.
    • I'm really interested to see how seasons will work. How much game time will it take to go through a full 'year'? Aside from animals, what's going to keep us occupied through the winter? Can we advance/skip time/seasons?

I really hope there will be some forestry aspect to the game. I love in FS15/17 that you can cut down and remove trees that are in the way of construction / field extension. I also view forestry as falling under the realm of agriculture, so a proper forestry system would be nice. It would be a great activity to pass time during the winter.

Another thought to go along with deformable terrain and wood cutting: If we could clear rough, forested land for fields or for custom buildings. Would add a whole new level of customization for farm building.
    • 1. Ok steady let's not get too ahead of ourselves it would be nice but going by the maps the fields look more than big enough to keep us happy and for the work required to allow you to cut trees down would well outweigh any benefit. Do we even know if the land is deformable everywhere or just the fields? if it is the latter then joining two fields wont be possible anyway.

2. I Have ploughed hundreds of acres of real land and i can tell you this right know that if you belly a tractor in a field you plough you have done something very very wrong indeed. Don't get me wrong you drive across the furrows and you will know about it but go with the furrow and it's smoother than most farm roads. It is entirely dependant on soil type to some fields i plough don't require any cultivating before sowing and some need a cultivate but when you have a power harrow seed drill it generally fixes the roughest of seedbeds :D

3. I don't think the soil is actually moving just getting shoved into ruts and troughs so a plough or cultivator should be able to level it out again without you having to cart soil to fill holes. I do believe there will be wet spots that get wet in the rain and will always get wet in the rain ( it would be a nice feature to have a option to spend money draining fields)

And I think you are being unfair to FS I think it has every right to call it self a Sim. They are just trying to keep as many plates spinning as possible as they have to keep it mainstream as that is where all the money is but yet still add in feature to appeal to the hardcore. I think they are doing extremely well and will continue to support them for as long as they do what they do :D. That said the market is hopefully big enough for 2 decent farm simulators. We will have to see how well CNC does with the mainstream cause it won't survive on 350k for very long...