Games won't launch.. anymore

• Games won't launch.. anymore

I just bought CnC, downloaded it and played for about 20 minutes.. I closed the game, then I came back to start it again, and the game won't go past the loading bar (right after the opening scene).. Everything is updated.. ATI, AMD driver's as well as windows, the dll is fresh from the last ati update.. (a month ago)

I run windows 8.1 64bit on a i7 4770k, 8gb ram (16gb virtual), GPU is r9 270

I did tryed to launch both Launcher and also the one in CattleAndCrops 64bit folder

here are the reports.. I've searched on google enough times without success..

Exception Reason
    CattleAndCrops.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\atio6axx.dll" at 0033:000000006A0A2789, DrvPresentBuffers()+32144953 byte(s)

Registers
    RSI=00000000AFB9EBE0 RDI=0000000000000000
    FLG=00010246 RBP=00000000C3299590
    RSP=00000000D7F0F408 RIP=000000006A0A2789
    CS=0033 DS=002B SS=002B ES=002B FS=0053 GS=002B

Here is the errorlog :
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!--
    This error report was automatically generated
    by BugTrap for Win64-x64 on Saturday, July 1, 2017 10:00:19 AM
    -->
    <report version="1">
    <platform>Win64-x64</platform>
    <application>Cattle and Crops</application>
    <version>intern</version>
    <computer>ERICK_X51</computer>
    <ips>
    <ip>Supertopsecret</ip>
    </ips>
    <user>Rick</user>
    <timestamp>131433768196670000</timestamp>
    <error>
    <what>ACCESS_VIOLATION</what>
    <process>
    <name>CattleAndCrops.exe</name>
    <id>3136</id>
    </process>
    <module>C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\atio6axx.dll</module>
    <address>0033:000000006A0A2789</address>
    <function>
    <name>DrvPresentBuffers</name>
    <offset>32144953</offset>
    </function>
    <file></file>
    <line>
    <number></number>
    <offset></offset>
    </line>
    </error>
    <usermsg></usermsg>
    <syserror>
    <code>0x00000003</code>
    <description>The system cannot find the path specified.</description>
    </syserror>
    <comerror>
    <description></description>
    <helpfile></helpfile>
    <source></source>
    <guid></guid>
    </comerror>

The post was edited 1 time, last by RickWhite77 ().

• RickWhite77 wrote:

I just bought CnC, downloaded it and played for about 20 minutes.. I closed the game, then I came back to start it again, and the game won't go past the loading bar (right after the opening scene).. Everything is updated.. ATI, AMD driver's as well as windows, the dll is fresh from the last ati update.. (a month ago)

I run windows 8.1 64bit on a i7 4770k, 8gb ram (16gb virtual), GPU is r9 270

I did tryed to launch both Launcher and also the one in CattleAndCrops 64bit folder

here are the reports.. I've searched on google enough times without success..

Exception Reason
    CattleAndCrops.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\atio6axx.dll" at 0033:000000006A0A2789, DrvPresentBuffers()+32144953 byte(s)

Registers
    RSI=00000000AFB9EBE0 RDI=0000000000000000
    FLG=00010246 RBP=00000000C3299590
    RSP=00000000D7F0F408 RIP=000000006A0A2789
    CS=0033 DS=002B SS=002B ES=002B FS=0053 GS=002B

Here is the errorlog :
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!--
    This error report was automatically generated
    by BugTrap for Win64-x64 on Saturday, July 1, 2017 10:00:19 AM
    -->
    <report version="1">
    <platform>Win64-x64</platform>
    <application>Cattle and Crops</application>
    <version>intern</version>
    <computer>ERICK_X51</computer>
    <ips>
    <ip>Supertopsecret</ip>
    </ips>
    <user>Rick</user>
    <timestamp>131433768196670000</timestamp>
    <error>
    <what>ACCESS_VIOLATION</what>
    <process>
    <name>CattleAndCrops.exe</name>
    <id>3136</id>
    </process>
    <module>C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\atio6axx.dll</module>
    <address>0033:000000006A0A2789</address>
    <function>
    <name>DrvPresentBuffers</name>
    <offset>32144953</offset>
    </function>
    <file></file>
    <line>
    <number></number>
    <offset></offset>
    </line>
    </error>
    <usermsg></usermsg>
    <syserror>
    <code>0x00000003</code>
    <description>The system cannot find the path specified.</description>
    </syserror>
    <comerror>
    <description></description>
    <helpfile></helpfile>
    <source></source>
    <guid></guid>
    </comerror>
    Same for me, i think updating the driver you can fix

EDIT: I updated the driver and nothing change

The post was edited 1 time, last by FleXible353 ().

• Have you tried checking if the specific dll file is located in the system32 folder?

I had a dll issue a few days ago after reinstalling win10 and found a pretty decent site that tells you about dll fiels etc and also helps witha few different solution on how to fix a dll error and I found an article about the atio6axx.dll file, some of the solution are a bit more advanced but you could give it a go but before doing that try and do a clean install of your amd driver. Uninstall the drivers then do a reboot and then download and install the latest driver and see if that helps if not then go to the website I linked below and read up on how to fix that issue.

solvusoft.com/en/files/missing…engl-driver/atio6axx-dll/

and as they say on that website NEVER download dll files from other websites, you can try and fix them on your pc but never download a dll seperately, which is why I suggest doing a clean install of the AMD drivers

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
  • Jeytav wrote:

Have you tried checking if the specific dll file is located in the system32 folder?

I had a dll issue a few days ago after reinstalling win10 and found a pretty decent site that tells you about dll fiels etc and also helps witha few different solution on how to fix a dll error and I found an article about the atio6axx.dll file, some of the solution are a bit more advanced but you could give it a go but before doing that try and do a clean install of your amd driver. Uninstall the drivers then do a reboot and then download and install the latest driver and see if that helps if not then go to the website I linked below and read up on how to fix that issue.

solvusoft.com/en/files/missing…engl-driver/atio6axx-dll/

and as they say on that website NEVER download dll files from other websites, you can try and fix them on your pc but never download a dll seperately, which is why I suggest doing a clean install of the AMD drivers
    I do a clean installation of the driver and nothing change
  • This bug with "atio6axx.dll" appears to me too in last few startups. Even if the drivers are installed properly.

I found that if I delete savegame, all goes then well again. But saves are gone, however it doesn't mind me for now, because it is just tech demo.
    So starts from the beginning everytime are not so painfull, like it would be in full game :) .

Summary, I think that there are some issues in savegame for now. I believe issues with "atio6axx.dll" will disappear after optimalisation of savegame.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
    GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
    GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
    RAM - 8 GB
    Win 7 64bit
  • Dylan81 wrote:

Summary, I think that there are some issues in savegame for now. I believe issues with "atio6axx.dll" will disappear after optimalisation of savegame.
    I hope, i bought yesterday gtx 1060 (in shipping) and i'm curious to see the difference between it and my amd r7 260x. (in CnC now i do 20 fps, and i see other people with amd made low fps)

For me the error came random, i played 0.9 only 1 time, the day after i started CnC and it gave me this error

EDIT: i delete savegames and now i can play

The post was edited 1 time, last by FleXible353 ().

• Dylan81 wrote:

This bug with "atio6axx.dll" appears to me too in last few startups. Even if the drivers are installed properly.

I found that if I delete savegame, all goes then well again. But saves are gone, however it doesn't mind me for now, because it is just tech demo.
    So starts from the beginning everytime are not so painfull, like it would be in full game :) .

I had to delete the save files about 4-5 times in order to start the game otherwise it would be crashing, then a couple of days later I could join a saved game without crashing, no updates done since its release.. like the game did fix itself lol

I did looked for the file itself in game files and never found it..
  • Well I did some tests last evening and night. A little bug with savegame has confirmed to me. I quicksaved the game after some time when work has done. I tested restarting the game and bug reporter appeared immediately after loading the map (I'll add some screenshot later - I think it was associated with "atio6axx.dll").
    I deleted savegame file and start the game again. After deleting savegame file it worked again.

RAM - 8 GB
    Win 7 64bit
  • Soo you quick saved, what if you made a "proper" save, would it then still throw that error at you or? I'm asking this because quick saving is never a good way to save a game simply because it can well corrupt save game files. The elder scrolls and fallout games being perfect examples here.

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
  • I don't know this at 100%, respectively I don't have it confirmed. I'll have to do another test of this.

But I think it will be the same, because I tried to save it by the "proper" way last week and it crashed as well. Disadvantage is, that I'm afraid I saved it by both ways.

I did full reinstall of the game on monday for sure to have it clean to make different tests. I must focus for both ways.

I'm not sure what result will I receive at the moment.

I should clarify my case. So I played from the beggining as usuall. Helper cultivated field No 2 and I plowed it after him. Then I confirmed accomplishing first task and started new quest to cultivate field No 11. After some work has done I had to go to bed, so I tried to quicksave, because I had a suspicion, that crashes from last week were due to "hand/proper" save. Then I quited the game and started it again for sure, to ensure if it crashes or not. Unfortunatelly as I anticipated game crashed after loading the map as I stated also in my last post.

Well I tried delete just save file. Not whole My Games folder, not to be forced to set all game settings again and again.

Then I tried to start the game again and it worked, but the quest of cultivating field No 11 were still active, however no machines were in the map.
    I tried to buy Arion and plow with an intention to try plow without cultivating it. Unfortunatelly it didn't work, note appeared with " you can't work at this field" it was just try.

So I was searching and trying what next. I canceled active quest and confirmed again work at field No 2. After confirming, both tractors appeared and helper immidiatelly went to the field No 2. Then I quited without any save, not to be forced to delete it again.

Now I'm at the point of my mystery. Why it remembers, I had a quest active, when save is deleted. Another doubt is that when I save it "by hand" at this moment, there won't be clear result of the test because it is corrupted by the last deleting of savegame.
    On the other hand, I don't want to delete whole My Games, because when I did it last time I had to naturaly re-set all game settings and another bad thing was I appeared at midnight on 1st January.

Well I'll try to do some other tests of this topic. I'll reinstall the game again in the worst case to have clear result.

Just a little question. Jeytav you don't have any issues with saving game? I mean when you save it, game won't crash after next start?

RAM - 8 GB
    Win 7 64bit
  • Same here. In the morning i was playing new release. After finishing 3rd mission i have save game.

When i was trying to launch game one more time it's been crashed while map loading.
    It gives me:

CattleAndCrops.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Windows\system32\atio6axx.dll" at 0033:0000000055282789, DrvPresentBuffers()+32144953 byte(s)
    It is weird but ati dll file is somehowe connected with save game. i have been sent bug report via bug catcher.
    After deleting game save catalog in "my documents" - game is running.
  • Have you tried to delete whole save folder? If it won't work, try to delete whole CnC folder in My Games, but saves only should be enough.

By the way, yes save game is still under optimalization, therefore please don't save in techdemo. You have tried on your own what happend after save.

RAM - 8 GB
    Win 7 64bit