TechDemo Release v0.0.9.0 - Changelog

• TechDemo Release v0.0.9.0 - Changelog

As already announced, we have the update v0.0.9.0 for you today.
      We hope you have fun testing it and look forward to your reactions and feedback.
      • NEW: Modding: editor has been added
      • NEW: Save file function has been added
      • NEW: New tractor: MB Trac 1400
      • NEW: New plow: Lemken Juwel 8
      • NEW: After finishing a cultivating quest you can now activate a plow quest for this field
      • NEW: Wet spots can be worked into the ground (plowing / cultivating)

• BUG FIX: Quest is now completed automatically when reaching 100%
      • BUG FIX: The vehicle preview and the 3D viewport in the shop are working correctly again
      • BUG FIX: Now we really should have plugged all of the holes in the roof
      • BUG FIX: Wheel particles aren’t active anymore when driving on the road (particles can be deactivated in the options menu)
      • BUG FIX: Particles on an already cultivated field are displayed again
      • BUG FIX: Mouse cursor isn’t centered anymore when clicking the menu tabs in fullscreen mode
      • BUG FIX: The cursor can be moved outside of the game window again when in windowed mode
      • BUG FIX: Wheel tracks (if activated) are always created when on the field
      • BUG FIX: Indoor sound: environment sounds are also audible (with a lower volume) inside the vehicle
      • BUG FIX: Looking around horizontally using analog controllers doesn’t create a "spiral" anymore
      • BUG FIX: The start and stop sequence of tractors has been reworked: starting and stopping the engine multiple times doesn’t cause display malfunctions any more

• CHANGE: The starting quest has been reworked: the field has to be plowed while it is cultivated by an employee
      • CHANGE: The yellow markers are deleted when canceling a quest
      • CHANGE: The slightly chaotic AI cars have been adjusted a bit
      • CHANGE: The particle system of the exhaust has been reworked and now acts more realistic
      • CHANGE: Step and complete sounds have been edited
      • CHANGE: Analog input of steering isn’t linear any more, the result is a better driving experience with higher velocities
      • CHANGE: The vegetation density in the hardware profiles “high” and “ultra” have been set from 2 to 1.
      • CHANGE: The alignment of the Arions rear mirror have been adjusted
      Known Bugs
      • There’s a too large height discrepancy at the field borders leading to a somewhat bumpy ride and a too hard suspension
      • The hydraulic cylinder of the support wheel at the Lemken Juwel is partly rotated into the main frame
      • If attached to the MB Trac’s front three-point hitch, the Lemken Juwel will levy the tractor upwards
    • Cheers for the patch release. Leave it updating now and try sometime this weekend, hopefully. :D Can't wait.
      What ever it is I just said; I could be wrong!
      Farming on FS17 and Testing CnC Tech Demo!
      "PC"
      Display Spoiler
      -Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H
      -Intel i7 3770K Quad Core 3.5gHz-3.9gHz
      -16GB RAM
      -MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
      -Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512GB
      -Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
      -Logitech G710+, Corsair M65 PRO RGB
      -Samsung SyncMaster B2240
    • Some CONS

* Am I the only one that think the tractors feels weak? Really poor acceleration and if you stop directly behind one of the round ground things at the testing place and then try to go over the tractor can't because it's to weak.

* When i try turn of automatic gearbox I can't, it unchecks the box but still change gears for me (if I put it in neutral and floors the gaspedal it automatically change to first gear to even if I chose the change gear for front and back manually option). ( The gearbox overall feel a bit wonky as of now)

* No option for H-shifter or clutch yet?

* When I step on the break or turn really hard there is no shift of weight, it looks wierd.

* When driving thrue puddles i expect to sink even deepr down but you don't, you don't sink at all?

Some PROS

* The new tractor plays (except for the statements above) and sounds great(except for when you break really hard, sound a bit digital then)

* Plow works nicely (even though i would love for the front wheel of the tractor to sink down properly in the "row?" that was created in the last pass and folow it sort of automatic)

* Tried to speed up time, lagged alot less the last time i tried (first release) (Some timed the rain did not show and the groundchange appeard a bit after it stopped)
    • It seems that the workers work infinitely better than before, although I have already encountered a couple of funny bugs.

Once the field was finished the task was not finished and I had to eliminate it. When creating a new one for plowing I had to hire the fantastic car because the worker refused to leave the previous tractor. XD

It seems that the driver of this vehicle wanted to lend me a hand with the field. I found this after loading the game, and evidently I have not pushed it ...
    • kolodras wrote:

launcher dont work fine, and avg still block cnc.exe; i cant use ic control .
      Hello @kolodras you will need to allow an exception to cnc.exe in your antivirus program, I handy guide to do that for AVG is located here.
      It is showing as a false positive.

It may also pay to add an exception to it through your windows firewall.
      Windows 7/8 Guide here.
      Windows 10 Guide here.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Also to get IC control working you need to bind "Release Mouse" to whatever button you want (usually left ctrl)

The post was edited 2 times, last by mmmBetty ().

• If you wish to get to the editor this is what you need to do.
      • Start the game
      • Open the console by pressing the tilde key ` (below escape button)
      • Click the little button down the bottom left
      • Click "New World"
      Also it looks as though you can create things called "Panels" which to me seems like it may be something to do with custom quests and custom UI, which is pretty awesome.

• Awesome update mbb.

Nybyggarn wrote:

Some CONS

* Am I the only one that think the tractors feels weak? Really poor acceleration and if you stop directly behind one of the round ground things at the testing place and then try to go over the tractor can't because it's to weak.

* When i try turn of automatic gearbox I can't, it unchecks the box but still change gears for me (if I put it in neutral and floors the gaspedal it automatically change to first gear to even if I chose the change gear for front and back manually option). ( The gearbox overall feel a bit wonky as of now)

* No option for H-shifter or clutch yet?

* When I step on the break or turn really hard there is no shift of weight, it looks wierd.

* When driving thrue puddles i expect to sink even deepr down but you don't, you don't sink at all?

Some PROS

* The new tractor plays (except for the statements above) and sounds great(except for when you break really hard, sound a bit digital then)

* Plow works nicely (even though i would love for the front wheel of the tractor to sink down properly in the "row?" that was created in the last pass and folow it sort of automatic)

* Tried to speed up time, lagged alot less the last time i tried (first release) (Some timed the rain did not show and the groundchange appeard a bit after it stopped)
      Do you have the "gas limiter" option checked? if so try and disable it.

After you uncheck the automatic gear you need to press G to change between automatic gears and manual.

Shifter and clutch may come later in development, for now the gear system is very basic

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • taigcris wrote:

Is there any way to restart the map? As you see in the captures I've put before the AI of the vehicles has gone crazy. If I put restart map only load the previous save so I do not see any way to start over ...

prinze wrote:

I have the same problem. Anyone know what to do ?
      Go to documents/my games/cattle and crops/profiles/[yourprofilename]/save and delete the save slots that are in there

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • Jeytav wrote:

taigcris wrote:

Is there any way to restart the map? As you see in the captures I've put before the AI of the vehicles has gone crazy. If I put restart map only load the previous save so I do not see any way to start over ...

prinze wrote:

I have the same problem. Anyone know what to do ?
      Go to documents/my games/cattle and crops/profiles/[yourprofilename]/save and delete the save slots that are in there
      Thanks, it worked :)
    • Pretty significant performance improvement.
      On a 3440x1440 monitor, (which the game supports), getting 30 ish fps on average now, which is almost triple what it was.
      R290x video card, which works pretty hard at that resolution, so I'd call that a win for an initial bug fix/optimization pass.
      Be interesting to see what happens when I finish putting my R5 1600x system together, which will use the same video card until Vega cards release.
      Current cpu is FX8350 @ 4.4
      Didn't test for thread utilization yet, first version with performance monitor up showed the game only running on ONE thread.
      Which can't be right.. Can it?
      R5 3900x / Crosshair 6 Hero / 32 GB Gskill FlareX 3200 / Vega 64 LC/ Samsung 960 Evo NVMe
      M.2 500GB / Samsung 840 Evo Sata 6 500Gb / 1TB WD Blue / Thermaltake 360mm AIO
      / Corsair HX 850w / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / Win10 Home 64 bit / LG 34UM88C 3440 x 1440 21 x 9 monitor.
    • Feedback from me :P Been a while because of moving house and getting everything set up. But anyway, played the new version and HOW AWESOME to plough and the noise of the MB Trac fantastic!! Deformation is nice and to drive into the rut is realistic. If you want to go even more realistic you should be able to adjust the width of the plough from inside the tractor ;) . That aside I ploughed the ''puddle'' field and it's nice to see the puddles be ploughed away. But in general I would like to see more fricion with the soil. Maybe this will come in the future but ploughing goes almost too easy. Don't want to be negative, Im just looking from a realistic point of view. Like ploughing the wet field would cause the tractor to get stuck more and spin its wheels the a dry field. And I noticed that driving up a hill is impossible :D . A bit of a incline and the tractor refuses to go up it. All in all really satisfied about the new update, can't wait for the next and together we will make this game the best out there!!
      Proper Sim gamer. Rally games tractor and truck games. Bus games and train games you name it :)

• I do think that the issue with the frame rate will be fixed with the coming version. But as always, we are still in the TechDemo, so we will have to be patient.
      In the German part of the forum, we have a lot of complains for the delay and issues in the TechDemo. But I think that there is a lot of work in programming the game, and doing it right.
      The best what we can do is support the developers with feedbacks and bug reports.
      In the coming days I will translate some of the German posts in the forum so that you all can get an idea what we have there.
      Programming today is the race between software engineers building bigger and better idiot proof programs, and the universe producing bigger and better idiots.

So far, the universe is winning.....
    • Love the new additions (especially save game function) in 0.0.9! The photo of "me" in the save game had me rolling on the floor laughing!

With two tractors in one field, I saw more stutter / lagginess than in 0.0.8.1 I'll try turning down the graphics (shadows etc.) and see if I can make it better this way.

I had framerate about 50-60 fps in 0.0.8.1, and not much stutter. It's noticably worse in 0.0.9 (Win 8.1, Intel i5, 8GB RAM, GTX 960 GPU with 2GB RAM)
      I like farm sims so much I moved to REAL farm country...
    • I finally got to play the new tech demo (after not being able to play 0.0.8.1 or 0.0.9 until now due to a fault) and I'm quite impressed. The game ran well on my computer running on medium settings.

Love the physics of the tractors and the sounds are wonderful, you can really hear the tractors struggling through the paddocks.

• Erkkz wrote:

Must say im pretty disappointed in the lack of content release. When you look at the roadmap alot of the goals have reached the "EA Testing Stage" yet we only have 2 tractors and 2 implements in the game
      I would suggest that you go read some/all of the official news threads, they should properly explain WHY they are doing it this way! ;)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jeytav ().