Mais silage

• Mais silage

Been playing CnC for about 100 hrs now, and i understand the most of the mekanics now.

But in my current playtrough i have a bit over 1 000 000 liters of mais chaff in the two silagebunkers on the farm. When the fermenting was done, it does not say mais silage in the bucket when i take it from the silagebunker, it says mais chaff.

Has the fermenting failed,, bqs i my world the mais chaff should become mais silage.

One thing is, the compactionlevel is just 48 and 46%, does it have to be 100% for the fermentaition to succed?

And devs, i love the game, not perfect in some parts and still things missing, but keep up the good work, and do this good not fast!! The roadmap looks promising, and i think there is coming more between and after the roadmap.
    • The computer of the silo shows a fermenting progress bar on the bottom right. By fermenting you preserve the maize chaff, but it stays maize chaff. It seem to be the most efficient way of making supersilo2000 to feed to your bulls.
      I have no clue for compaction rate, if you can cover the silo its done. anything below 50% (or even above?) seems fine. Currently the silage roller seem as useful as a plow. they look... promising.
      Don't worry for the devs to hurry.
    • Tar wrote:

The computer of the silo shows a fermenting progress bar on the bottom right. By fermenting you preserve the maize chaff, but it stays maize chaff. It seem to be the most efficient way of making supersilo2000 to feed to your bulls.
      I have no clue for compaction rate, if you can cover the silo its done. anything below 50% (or even above?) seems fine. Currently the silage roller seem as useful as a plow. they look... promising.
      Don't worry for the devs to hurry.
      Yeah i have noticed that i get a loot of maize chaff from field 12 and 22, a bit over 1 000 000 liters, with that said the amount last a long time with 10 cows, but im gonna buy more cows when the 10 is ready for sale.

This is gonna be soo much better than Farming Sim, already is :)