Cattle and Crops Alpha Tech-Demo Patch v0.0.8.1

• at the moment i cant find how to change the button for enter cab,it says its TAB on the main menu but going into the configure cant find it,i found it to be E..also xbox360 controller is limited i find ie can only configure to look up and down not left and right all in one movement.the main one for me for the overall game is will it just be beef,or are we getting milkers...will we feed just silage or a mix ie hay ,silage with corn and or beet or potatoes.there was a mod in fs 15 for a feed trailer that did this made the feeding more interesting as you also had the need to grow those ingredients
    • LittleDoggAgg wrote:

Hi developers, and everyone else, i just bought a season pass today and just got the tech demo downloaded. I was looking forward to playing, launched and an array of pixelization is surrounding the guy, has anybody else had this problem?
      Here's at tip: Look on the forum and you will find your answer, it's been asked about a thousand times and answered about as many times, but there is a very easy fix, but I'll let you figure out for your self where it would makes sense to look in the forum for a graphics issue...
    • LittleDoggAgg wrote:

Hi developers, and everyone else, i just bought a season pass today and just got the tech demo downloaded. I was looking forward to playing, launched and an array of pixelization is surrounding the guy, has anybody else had this problem?
      I would recomend that you go through the bugg thread, you'll probably find an answer there. But a tip is to uppdate your graphics drivers.
    • Nybyggarn wrote:

Haey sorry if i sounded a bit harsh! I'm reading this forum every day and alot of the questions people ask are already answered in the forums already if you only take a short look at the other threads or the roadmap. :thumbup:
      i know its fine must admit i deal with idiot simpletons all day ,basically no comman sence..i've seen some of the questions and i just put my head in my hands refraining to answer..although i will ask the question on feed again any thoughts ?
    • smitty wrote:

i know its fine must admit i deal with idiot simpletons all day ,basically no comman sence..i've seen some of the questions and i just put my head in my hands refraining to answer..although i will ask the question on feed again any thoughts ?
      Evethough it's at 95% they will not put it in game untill they release EA probably (if we are lucky it'll come in a future techdemo patch). So far I do not think full support for controller (Xbox and such) is implemented yet. Even the wheel and peddalsupport is wonky ^^
    • 0.0.8.1 continues to work great on my PC. New functions seen to be functioning well!

Just one thing I noticed: dirt seems to be flying off my tractor wheels even when I am driving on the road or other paved areas. In other words, this effect seems to be on all the time. Is this right?
      I like farm sims so much I moved to REAL farm country...
    • Yes, you're right. Dirt flyes all the time. It will be probably edited later, to do it just in the field.

And the question about controllers, I can add info, that my Logitech joystick is also fully functional. So steering wheels and joysticks, have been supported in tech demo.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dylan81 ().

• taigcris wrote:

The AI is broken, It leaves huge pieces without working, It starts to spin on its own axis, it stops without finishing the work and you have to move the tractor a little so that it continues ... Samples in images.
      I would like to be wrong but I doubt very much that we will see 0.10 during the next weeks ...
      The AI is hard to be programmed. This thing can be made with the time. I don't have any problem because this is a early access, so these problems are normal (if you buy a early access you need to be conscius of ALL the problem of the games.) This become strange when the early access takes too much time for fix the bug,the issues and polish the game (look dayz, is remained in beta for 3 years)

Sorry for bad english :P
    • It's even less than an early access, we are testing a techdemo for the moment !
      AMD Ryzen 2700X + Corsair H100x - 16Gb Ram - Curial 500Go SSD - Gigabyte RTX2080Ti Waterforce 11Go - 32'' FullHD Monitor - Logitech Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle with 2 side controllers

:S
      My English is not perfect, thank you for being indulgent...
      Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, Danke für ihr Verständnis...
      :S
    • TronXP wrote:

Same Problem as Orph3usRock3r. Installed launcher, type in the username and password and nothing happens. It doesn't download the actual game, just stuck here with a launcher.........
      So I trust it logs in correctly?
      After logging in correctly it should have a button at the end of the Bar above the login bars that says "Install".
      Click this and the game should install.
      Does this solve your problem or does it NOT show the "Install" button?
      What ever it is I just said; I could be wrong!
      Farming on FS17 and Testing CnC Tech Demo!
      "PC"
      Display Spoiler
      -Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H
      -Intel i7 3770K Quad Core 3.5gHz-3.9gHz
      -16GB RAM
      -MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
      -Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512GB
      -Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
      -Logitech G710+, Corsair M65 PRO RGB
      -Samsung SyncMaster B2240
    • FleXible353 wrote:

taigcris wrote:

The AI is broken, It leaves huge pieces without working, It starts to spin on its own axis, it stops without finishing the work and you have to move the tractor a little so that it continues ... Samples in images.
      I would like to be wrong but I doubt very much that we will see 0.10 during the next weeks ...
      The AI is hard to be programmed. This thing can be made with the time. I don't have any problem because this is a early access, so these problems are normal (if you buy a early access you need to be conscius of ALL the problem of the games.) This become strange when the early access takes too much time for fix the bug,the issues and polish the game (look dayz, is remained in beta for 3 years)
      Sorry for bad english :P
      How does the AI activate ????
    • 1. If you haven't already bought the tractor and cultivator you can do so by doing the quest "Tutorial #01" or you can go to the Vehicle menu by pressing "F1" and buy the tractor, cultivator and weight.
      2. If you haven't already bought any fields you will need to buy the fields that you want the hired worker to work on. You can do this buy pressing F1-F6 and navigate to the "Orange" tab. then select the tab on the right called "Available Fields" and click on the field you want to buy and click "Buy" in the field info panel.
      3. To use the AI you have to go to the Employee menu by pressing "F2" or if already in the menu's go to the "Green" tab.
      4. Go to the tab on the right called "Job Market".
      5. Select the worker that comes up when you go to the "Job Market" tab and click "HIRE" that is at the bottom of the info list about the employee.
      6. Then go to the "Planning menu" by pressing "F6" or when already in the employee menu click the "Aqua/Turquoise" coloured tab.
      7. Go to the tab on the right called "Tasks" and then go to the left of the task menu and click "New Task".
      8. In the top left of the window that appears click "Template" and select "Field" from the dropdown.
      9. Then click "Add Driver" and next to the LEFT blank square click "Driver" and select that employee from the list then click "Auswhalen" (English = Choose/Pick).
      10. Then click "Vehicles" next to the right blank square and then in the window that comes up click the plus sign in the square. I the window that comes up select the Claas Arion 530 and then click "Choose". Make sure you have bought the tractor otherwise it will not show here.
      11. If you don't want to put anything on the front linkage ignore this step. Select the plus sign in the square on the left (this is the front linkage). Select the weight from the menu and click "choose".
      12. Select the plus sign in the square on the right (this is the rear linkage). Choose the cultivator. After your implements and tractor are selected click "Speichern" (English = Save/to save).
      13. Then back in the Task window click the "Select Field" tab and choose which field you want the worker to work at.
      14. The options on the right let you alter a few things.
      14i. "Field Entry" and "Drive to Destination Afterwards" are not selectable in the Tech Demo as of now.
      14ii. Headland order can be set to "Before or After Field Lanes" meaning the worker will do the headlands before the rest of the field or after.
      14iii. Under the employees name it has the "headland" option which you can turn headlands off.
      14iv. Also there is a "1" with a selection box next to it. I am not sure what this is as I haven't tested it but others might know.
      15. At the top of this window is a selection box next to the word "Now". If this is selected the worker will do the task straight away and if you uncheck this you can set the date and time in the boxes to the right of this.
      16. After selecting "Now" or a specific time and date click Save and the worker should start immediately or start when you specified. He will drive to the field and complete the task.

Phew that is in depth. Should help though
      What ever it is I just said; I could be wrong!
      Farming on FS17 and Testing CnC Tech Demo!
      "PC"
      Display Spoiler
      -Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H
      -Intel i7 3770K Quad Core 3.5gHz-3.9gHz
      -16GB RAM
      -MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
      -Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512GB
      -Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
      -Logitech G710+, Corsair M65 PRO RGB
      -Samsung SyncMaster B2240
    • According to posts and reports in this or other threads, it seems that xbox controlers haven't been fully supported yet.

It's functionality is limited for several buttons. If I'm wrong, sorry for it, of course.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit
    • FarmerDan wrote:

1. If you haven't already bought the tractor and cultivator you can do so by doing the quest "Tutorial #01" or you can go to the Vehicle menu by pressing "F1" and buy the tractor, cultivator and weight.
      2. If you haven't already bought any fields you will need to buy the fields that you want the hired worker to work on. You can do this buy pressing F1-F6 and navigate to the "Orange" tab. then select the tab on the right called "Available Fields" and click on the field you want to buy and click "Buy" in the field info panel.
      3. To use the AI you have to go to the Employee menu by pressing "F2" or if already in the menu's go to the "Green" tab.
      4. Go to the tab on the right called "Job Market".
      5. Select the worker that comes up when you go to the "Job Market" tab and click "HIRE" that is at the bottom of the info list about the employee.
      6. Then go to the "Planning menu" by pressing "F6" or when already in the employee menu click the "Aqua/Turquoise" coloured tab.
      7. Go to the tab on the right called "Tasks" and then go to the left of the task menu and click "New Task".
      8. In the top left of the window that appears click "Template" and select "Field" from the dropdown.
      9. Then click "Add Driver" and next to the LEFT blank square click "Driver" and select that employee from the list then click "Auswhalen" (English = Choose/Pick).
      10. Then click "Vehicles" next to the right blank square and then in the window that comes up click the plus sign in the square. I the window that comes up select the Claas Arion 530 and then click "Choose". Make sure you have bought the tractor otherwise it will not show here.
      11. If you don't want to put anything on the front linkage ignore this step. Select the plus sign in the square on the left (this is the front linkage). Select the weight from the menu and click "choose".
      12. Select the plus sign in the square on the right (this is the rear linkage). Choose the cultivator. After your implements and tractor are selected click "Speichern" (English = Save/to save).
      13. Then back in the Task window click the "Select Field" tab and choose which field you want the worker to work at.
      14. The options on the right let you alter a few things.
      14i. "Field Entry" and "Drive to Destination Afterwards" are not selectable in the Tech Demo as of now.
      14ii. Headland order can be set to "Before or After Field Lanes" meaning the worker will do the headlands before the rest of the field or after.
      14iii. Under the employees name it has the "headland" option which you can turn headlands off.
      14iv. Also there is a "1" with a selection box next to it. I am not sure what this is as I haven't tested it but others might know.
      15. At the top of this window is a selection box next to the word "Now". If this is selected the worker will do the task straight away and if you uncheck this you can set the date and time in the boxes to the right of this.
      16. After selecting "Now" or a specific time and date click Save and the worker should start immediately or start when you specified. He will drive to the field and complete the task.

Phew that is in depth. Should help though
      Thank you very much ... Very complicated
    • I figured out how to operate the game as described by Farmer Dan; to me it was fairly intuitive, and I see the option to save "templates" hopefully in the future, which will speed things up a lot.

FWIW, you can also do the same steps 8-16 by clicking on the calendar tab of the planning menu. In this case, of course, you set the task to occur in the future, and possibly also be repeating (like a recurring meeting in a calendar program like MS Outlook). This hints at fully-automated farming. Cool!

Regarding AI driving, I too have seen the issues described by taigcris, both with headland set to "before" and "after." In neither case did the worker go around the edge of the field, it was left undone. Meanwhile coverage within the areas it did cultivate was a bit spotty, with no overlap (which would have prevented gaps in coverage).

However I suppose fixing this would be considered fine-tuning, so I'm not really worried about it at this level (0.0.8.1) of release.
      I like farm sims so much I moved to REAL farm country...