When to Fertilize / BBCH for different crops

• When to Fertilize / BBCH for different crops

I know I should probably just go through the scenarios and tutorials again, because I know some of this info is in there, but if someone else has this info they can share, it will save some time.

Just wondering what the appropriate time to:

• plant different crops / what month, time of month
      • apply different kinds of fertilizer for different crops at different BBCH stages (i remember the Prof. talking about applying nitrogen at a certain BBCH for example). Are different nutrients required at different stages of growth?
      • best time to harvest different crops at respective BBCH stages
      • How many times are you fertilizing your crop through the growth stage? And when is the nutrition needed (during growth or before harvest). I had the optimal nutrition just after planting, and i notice half way through the season, the levels have gone down. Is it a good idea to top them back off again before harvest?
      Thanks!
    • SowingBBCH for harvest
      grass60+
      maize silageApril80+
      restFeb/March90+

I fertilize everything b4 sowing. I don´t think that a more sophisticated timeline is needed right now. Maybe the devs implement some mechanics later on to reward a more realistic fertilizing behaviour.

edit: this following info is wrong - just read on to sootysax's and Nachtfalke's posts
      Afaik the plants grow for a certain time and all the field parameters stay the same. Then there´s a step (might be about 10 BBCH before the harvest time - haven´t tried to figure it out by now) when all the fertilizers are "consumed" - you can see clearly the difference in those 3 numbers. I think those numbers stay the same until after the harvest, so that´s the baseline from where you fertilize up again. I hope it´s understandable. So I´m assuming that it doesn´t matter wether you ferilize before or after sowing - until you put everything in before that consumption.

edit: just looked at my fields and there seem to be at least 2 steps of consumption - just my facts: fields started with 195/86/193 (for maize) - field A is at BBCH 39 with 124/77/114 and field B at BBCH 68 with 49/26/24 - the difference between the BBCH was may sowing timing, there should not be a development difference if you treat your fields the same (at least not a BBCH 30 difference)

I could be terribly wrong with everything. If a dev or somebody with deeper knowledge is reading this and feels some need to correct me: hf and keep the info rolling ^^

The post was edited 3 times, last by Beaker ().

• Not one day in my life has gone by without learning something new. I´m sorry for the wrong info and bow my head to the masters of observation and XML reading. I won´t edit out the wrong stuff since the thread would otherwise be uncomprehensible.

Do we agree on the idea that putting everything in the ground before you plant doesn´t alter the result (as compared to fertilizing the growing plant)?
    • Beaker wrote:

Not one day in my life has gone by without learning something new. I´m sorry for the wrong info and bow my head to the masters of observation and XML reading. I won´t edit out the wrong stuff since the thread would otherwise be uncomprehensible.

Do we agree on the idea that putting everything in the ground before you plant doesn´t alter the result (as compared to fertilizing the growing plant)?
      :love: <3