FPS Thread

• To better assist the devs in making performance adjustments, use this thread to post your PC specs and what FPS you are getting. Please use this format: (example)

Version: (v0.0.8)
    Settings: (maxed 1920x1080) [screenshot may be more helpful]
    FPS: (30)
    Desktop or Laptop: (desktop)
    Graphics Card: (GTX 960)
    GPU Driver: (382.53)
    CPU: (i5-6600k)
    RAM: (DDR4 16 GB)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Johndeere167: Added OS category ().

• Version: (v0.0.8)
    Settings: (maxed 1920x1080)
    FPS: (Depend on location:
    At start of mission one - between two warehouses - 55 in cab - 62 outside
    In muddy field where there is water reflection - 30 in cab - 37 outside
    To the edge of the map(east side) looking out - 95 in cab - 100 outside
    same place but looking at tree - 37 in and out of cab)
    Desktop or Laptop: (laptop)
    Graphics Card: (GTX 1060)
    GPU Driver: (382.53)
    CPU: (i7-6700h)
    RAM: (DDR4 16 GB)
  • kwaka wrote:

Think what taco means is you just show high settings, but dont go into details such as AA etc etc. Also if sync is set to smart/always etc within the settings tab.
    I chose to have users list their settings instead of using max settings or defaults, because their seemed to be very few systems which could actually run the tech demo at those settings.

@Fira Have you updated your gpu drivers?
  • Finding the graphical settings being quite responsive in relation to the fps you get. Very glad to see this with this unoptimized tech version.
    Biggest hit on my machine is changing the vegetation density to 2, cuts my fps in half. On 1 there is still plenty of vegetation.
    I am very pleased with what I have experienced with this tech version, and has given me renewed enthusiasm for this project. added photos

The post was edited 1 time, last by Racn ().

• I was using older NVIDIA drivers; am updating at the moment. Hey what do you know, it (tech demo 0.0.8) works fine on my PC, but is a little slow in terms of FPS. Assuming it all still works after the driver upgrade, I would like to post my results.

But... how do I display the FPS? One screenshot above shows some sort of window in the upper right of the screen. But I couldn't find a control for that.

Thanks in advance...

EDIT: Newest NVIDIA drivers (382.53) seem to work great, speeding up various things that were slow before. But still not "really fast" FPS yet.
    I like farm sims so much I moved to REAL farm country...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Limmin ().

• Well might as well reply with my settings

PC:
    I5 4690k 3.5 Ghz
    16 Gb DDR3 RAM
    EVGA gtx 970 sc 4gb vram(3,5 effective) (driver - 382.53)
    OS win10 on SSD
    CnC on secondary SSD

Graphics settings:
    1080p
    Vsync(via nvidia control panel)
    Anisotropic filter - 1
    Sight distance - 2048
    Impostor Render distance - 100
    Vegetation render distance - 75(this one is a fps killer)
    Vegetation render density - 1(this one is also a fps killer if set to 2)
    Vegetation fading start distance - 100 (this one doesn't really affect my fps in any way so it's maxed)
    Brightness - 0
    UI Scale - 75

Texture quality - high
    Dynamic Light details - medium

Tesselation - medium
    All the other graphics settings has been turned on except for motion blur because who likes that.0

With all that I'm running with a close stable 60 fps, there are some areas where it ,might drop to 50 fps.
    There is some stuttering for the first few minutes but then that pretty much goes away

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
  • 20mmNormandy wrote:

Hit this key ` for console. Then write time in it.
    Thanks!

My report:

Version: v 0.0.8
    Settings: Fullscreen 1920x1080
    Framerate synch "smart"
    AntiAlias 2 samples/pixel
    Sight Distance 1536
    Impostor render distance 100
    Veg render 122 Veg density 1 Veg fade 25
    Brightness 0
    UI Scale 100
    Texture Quality High
    Dynamic Lighting Medium
    Tesselation Medium
    Effects all on except motion blur (this was the default)

FPS: ~58. Details:
    Standing outside or in building, or moving, the frame rate steadied at about 58 fps even if it dipped to about 45 fps when turning the camera around my farmer, especially the first time after loading the game. This frame rate dip was also seen when entering a "new" area such as running from a field onto the street, or from the street into a paved area with buildings. Also achieved 58 fps when jogging around the tractor.

Driving the tractor and viewing from outside, I also saw 58 fps. I expected an FPS dip when doing the implement (cultivator) animations but that did not happen, it stayed at 58.

So, overall, the FPS is quite high. Yet, the motion is occasionally not "smooth." Meaning, it seems like things speed up and slow down several times per second, which is sometimes described as stutter or judder. I am not sure if this is deliberate, as in simulating footsteps, or if it could be some sort of graphics issue.

I see that perhaps 1/5 of the time is spent rendering shadows so I might lower the shadow detail if things get slow in the future.

Desktop or Laptop: Desktop
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
    GPU Driver: 382.53 (just installed)
    CPU: i5-4590k @ 3.3 GHz
    RAM: 8 GB
    Win 8.1 64 bit (of course)
    I like farm sims so much I moved to REAL farm country...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Limmin ().

• Even with the lowest settings on all options, I'm getting very bad fps (10-15) and stuttering down to 5fps

Guess it may be time to upgrade my pc.

And phenom II 1090T CPU @3.2GHz (3.6GHz boost)
    16gb ddr3 @666MHz
    Gtx 660 2gb
    Installed on an SSD
    Windows 7

OC'd my CPU and going to retry playing when I have a chance. Now running at 3.6ghz with 4ghz boost.

The post was edited 1 time, last by mmmBetty ().

• Looks mates with 4GB GDDR cards especially Nvidia reaches better FPS for now.

I have AMD ASUS R9 280X 3GB GDDR. I'm reaching around 25 FPS with mentioned Jeytav's settings at day and 26-30 FPS at night (depends on if lights are on/off).

Either 3GB GDDR is insufficient for this settings(I don't think so), or AMD grafic cards have some problems yet and something will be updated within the game later.
    I have latest drivers, otherwise the game wouldn't even go :) .

Render takes the most.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
    GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
    GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
    RAM - 8 GB
    Win 7 64bit

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dylan81 ().

• Dylan81 wrote:

Looks mates with 4GB GDDR cards especially Nvidia reaches better FPS for now.

I have AMD ASUS R9 280X 3GB GDDR. I'm reaching around 25 FPS with mentioned Jeytav's settings at day and 26-30 FPS at night (depends on if lights are on/off).

Either 3GB GDDR is insufficient for this settings(I don't think so), or AMD grafic cards have some problems yet and something will be updated within the game later.
    I have latest drivers, otherwise the game wouldn't even go :) .

Render takes the most.
    Yeah it definitely seems it's just AMD. Turn down the shadow / tessellation and a few of the added 'tick boxes' to get better FPS.
  • I think there will have to be some repair for AMD graphic cards, because the game crashes after save settings when I mark / unmark boxes in advanced graphics settings. And nothing changes with FPS, even if I unmark all of tick boxes.

I found optimal settings, where FPS keeps at 20-25. If I lower any of settings, FPS won't grow. We shall see what devs come out with this week.

RAM - 8 GB
    Win 7 64bit
  • Limmin wrote:

20mmNormandy wrote:

Hit this key ` for console. Then write time in it.
    Thanks!
    My report:

Version: v 0.0.8
    Settings: Fullscreen 1920x1080
    Framerate synch "smart"
    AntiAlias 2 samples/pixel
    Sight Distance 1536
    Impostor render distance 100
    Veg render 122 Veg density 1 Veg fade 25
    Brightness 0
    UI Scale 100
    Texture Quality High
    Dynamic Lighting Medium
    Tesselation Medium
    Effects all on except motion blur (this was the default)

FPS: ~58. Details:
    Standing outside or in building, or moving, the frame rate steadied at about 58 fps even if it dipped to about 45 fps when turning the camera around my farmer, especially the first time after loading the game. This frame rate dip was also seen when entering a "new" area such as running from a field onto the street, or from the street into a paved area with buildings. Also achieved 58 fps when jogging around the tractor.

Driving the tractor and viewing from outside, I also saw 58 fps. I expected an FPS dip when doing the implement (cultivator) animations but that did not happen, it stayed at 58.

So, overall, the FPS is quite high. Yet, the motion is occasionally not "smooth." Meaning, it seems like things speed up and slow down several times per second, which is sometimes described as stutter or judder. I am not sure if this is deliberate, as in simulating footsteps, or if it could be some sort of graphics issue.

I see that perhaps 1/5 of the time is spent rendering shadows so I might lower the shadow detail if things get slow in the future.

Desktop or Laptop: Desktop
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
    GPU Driver: 382.53 (just installed)
    CPU: i5-4590k @ 3.3 GHz
    RAM: 8 GB
    Win 8.1 64 bit (of course)
    I am experiencing the exact same issue, high fps but really weird stutter effect. Tried changing all options in the graphics settings. There is nothing that makes it any better. Issue still exists after the new update (0.0.8.1)

Specs:
    Nvidia GTX 680 2GB @ 382.53 Driver.
    I7 7700K @ 4.5Ghz
    16GB Vengeance DDR4 Ram @3000Mhz
    Asus Maximus IX Hero
    Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
  • After first playing on a AMD RX 480 8GB, My FPS was with the AMD Card 25 FPS, I switch to 1060 card and my FPS is now 45 -60 and in the field 27 - 60 fps. With the Nvidia card, I am running it on Ultra.

CPU Type - AMD Ryzen 1700 @ 3.9 GHz
    GPU Type - AMD Radeon RX 480 8 GB ( 19 - 25 FPS )
    GPU Type - Nvidia Geforce 1060 GTX ( 30 - 60 FPS )
    RAM - 16 GB
    Win 10 64 bit

sorry for the bad english :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by tcbo1dnges: More information. ().

• It's not good. I hope there will be possibility to get rid of it.

I don't want to change graphic card, for now. The worst thing is, that even if we (owners of AMD GPU's) lower the settings to maximum, there is no striking effect to FPS grow (at least in my case).

I hope devs will aim at this point and solve it soon if possible.

I can't imagine how will it look like, when there is bigger map = much more objects in EA, and then full set of vehicles. Either placed on the map, or worse when placed at one place in the farm. And what about playing in MP. If it would stay unsolved, I guess it is unplayable for us AMD's.

I believe those predictions are useless and this "issue" will be soon removed and solved.

Thanks in advance to MBB to take it into consideration.

Edit: Does anyone (someone of us AMD GPU owners) have experince with crossfire connection of 2 AMD graphic cards. If there is better FPS result?

RAM - 8 GB
    Win 7 64bit

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dylan81 ().

• Thought this would fit into this thread. From the German thread about performance.(Translated with google)

masterbrain wrote:

In version 0.0.8.1, we have implemented predefined graphics settings.
    Do you still have performance problems here with the lowest settings?

It is best to open the FPS window with the console command time
    You can open the console with the "^" button (to the left of the 1).

Here again the most important settings for Perormance:

Most important: vegetation density, vegetation range and vegetationFadingStart

The vegetation density should be set to 1 in case of performance problems, which means that fewer plants are displayed. This greatly improves performance.

The vegetation distance should be as low as possible.
    Although it can be adjusted to a few hundred meters, the optical
    improvement is only minimal, but the costs are relatively high. Values between 50 and 100 meters should run smoothly on most systems and still look very good.

The vegetation fading distance is also very important. This value indicates how many meters away from the camera vegetation is thinned.
    This means that less and less visible plants are displayed on a field
    or a meadow (since these are usually obscured by plants in the
    foreground).
    This value should be as low as possible. Good values are here between 10 and 30 meters.

The setting texture quality is mainly dependent on how much VRAM your graphics card has.

We recommend:
    1GB VRAM: Texture quality low
    2GB VRAM: texture quality medium
    4GB + VRAM: texture quality high

Since in the Techdemo not yet all the vehicles are implemented this can also be played with a 2GB VRAM card to "high".

• Well, I tried to set mentioned values of mmmBetty's post, but unfortunatelly no change of fps value (still 18-25fps even at medium settings). :(

It confirms me, that unfortunatelly there is something wrong with AMD cards. Maybe bad comunication with C4 engine, hard to say (I'm no expert in this branch). Ingame sensor always shows brutal CPU usage and GPU too, when looking horizontaly through the map. My GPU tweak shows memory usage less then 2 GB and GPU usage about 45-50%.

Just one idea, if reinstal would help. But on the other hand, I don't want to mess with it, because of breaking something. All other works well, for now. Update went fine on original launcher (nothing was necessary to reinstal) and all changes described in demo update 0.0.8.1 has repaired without problems.

So let's see what next update will bring.

RAM - 8 GB
    Win 7 64bit
  • Dylan81 wrote:

Well, I tried to set mentioned values of mmmBetty's post, but unfortunatelly no change of fps value (still 18-25fps even at medium settings). :(

It confirms me, that unfortunatelly there is something wrong with AMD cards. Maybe bad comunication with C4 engine, hard to say (I'm no expert in this branch). Ingame sensor always shows brutal CPU usage and GPU too, when looking horizontaly through the map. My GPU tweak shows memory usage less then 2 GB and GPU usage about 45-50%.

Just one idea, if reinstal would help. But on the other hand, I don't want to mess with it, because of breaking something. All other works well, for now. Update went fine on original launcher (nothing was necessary to reinstal) and all changes described in demo update 0.0.8.1 has repaired without problems.

So let's see what next update will bring.
    Judging on the poor utilisation, it's definitely (literally like 100%) a problem with the game unfortunately. It's rather odd though, I still don't understand why it doesn't use 100% of the GPU.
  • Made a slight upgrade to my pc by adding a EVGA gtx 1070 FTW hybrid and it obviously made an improvement.

PC:
    I5 4690k 3.5 Ghz
    16 Gb DDR3 RAM
    EVGA gtx 1070 FTW Hybrid 4gb (driver - 382.53)
    OS win10 on SSD
    CnC on secondary SSD

Graphics settings:
    1080p
    No Vsync
    Anti-aliasing - 8
    Anisotropic filter - 16
    View distance - 4096
    Impostor Render distance - 200
    Vegetation render distance - 150
    Vegetation render density - 1
    Vegetation fading start distance - 50
    Brightness - 0
    UI Scale - 75
    Texture quality - high
    Dynamic Light details - high
    Tesselation - high
    All the other graphics settings has been turned on except for motion blur because who likes that.

Basically I maxed out everything except for vegetation density
    60+ fps and no stutter.

If I turn Vegetation render density to 2 my fps drops to a minimum of 30 with a high of 100 and an average of 45. If I then drop the Vegetation render distance to 100 while keeping the other at 2 my fps increased to an average of 62 with a low at 48 and a high at 100.

So all in all an upgrade to the 1070 made a huge difference but of course that doesn't mean the game is perfectly optimised in anyway if you compare the results with my 970 sc, imo my 970 should be able to run a stable 60 fps with these so until a 970.

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
  • Version: (v0.0.8)
    Settings: Low/Med/High
    FPS: Low: 30-60 Med: 20-40 High 5-15
    Desktop or Laptop: Laptop Asus G75VW Republic of Gamers
    Graphics Card: GTX 660M
    GPU Driver: 21.21.13.6909 ???
    CPU: i7 2.3 GHz
    RAM: 8GB

By Comparison, when playing FS17 on maxxed settings, I get 17-30 FPS and even at those low rates it feels pretty smooth. For whatever reason, CnC on Medium looks a lot more jumpy, the FPS just feels slower than in FS17. The lowest setting is the only way the game runs smooth enough to play, but it doesn't look good. Overall I'm disappointed, it's the worst performing game on my system I've tried.