Mod-Ordner verschieben

• Mod-Ordner verschieben

Hi,

der Mod-Ordner liegt ja im User-Profil und somit auf bei mir auf der kleinen SSD-Partition.
      Kann man den Mod-Ordner umkonfigurieren, also in meinem Fall auf Partition D?

VG
      Mein System
      Display Spoiler

• Windows 10 Pro 20H2
      • AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor
      • NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3070
      • GPU-Treiber-Version 465.89
      • 16 GB RAM
      • Monitor-Auflösung 3440 x 1440 144 Mhz
      • Logitech Driving Force GT
    • You can use symbolic links to do this. I have tested it with v1 and it works.

Go into your cattle and crops folder folder in documents. It should be something like Documents > My Games > Cattle and Crops

Cut the Mods directory and paste it on your other drive (ctrl x, ctrl v). I used my E drive for this example. If you copied, then make sure to delete the mods directory manually.

Click on the cortana search bar and type command. Command Prompt should appear at the top. Right click on this and choose Run as Administrator.

Now type in what I've put into the screenshot. I cannot paste into this forum as it destroys the formatting. Maybe it does not like the slashes and thinks I am typing an attack the database script. I don't know.

in this example I also renamed the Mods folder to CncMods once I moved it to the E drive just to remind me what mods these are

/J creates a directory junction
      Sebastian must be your actual user name. You can check the users folder on your C drive to see if you are not sure.

I tried with just a basic windows shortcut to a folder that you create graphically and it would not work, but maybe I did something else. The mklink method works though.