need advice

• I downloaded this sounds pack by xyzspain called sounds_09 but I think its been zipped wrong as in the zip is a folder called sounds then the contents are in that folder. surely the contents are suppose to be in the zip not a separate folder I maybe wrong but dont see it in CnC mods section hope someone can advise here

cnc.modhoster.de/mods/sounds-f…ain-mods-from-updated-0-9
    • it is correct you put the zip in the mods folder and that's it.
      The folder that is inside is to avoid that other models can use them since all my models use the sounds folder and in some cases when uploading the model I use the sounds folder again to be able to modify the sound for all the models, it is a bit of a pain but everything is so because in this simulator the first level of folders is the same for all mods folder, that is, the name of the zip does not matter
    • XYZSPAIN wrote:

it is correct you put the zip in the mods folder and that's it.
      The folder that is inside is to avoid that other models can use them since all my models use the sounds folder and in some cases when uploading the model I use the sounds folder again to be able to modify the sound for all the models, it is a bit of a pain but everything is so because in this simulator the first level of folders is the same for all mods folder, that is, the name of the zip does not matter
      oh so inside that zip there should be a folder saying sounds then. its just that I thought the contents should be zipped. ok thanks
    • Yes, these many parts of downloads are not the best solution for the users who want to use the mods BUT as far as I know xyzspain has so very low bandwidth for uploading mods so he wants to reduce the amount of date and only upload what really changed.

And on the other handy his mods have dependecies to some files and in the past MBB removed these parts, files, links, names or modified it and xyzspain had issues with his mods.

Perhaps would be a good idea to upload all the mods without dependencies to other mod parts in a recent version some time in the future.