Is it really hardcore physics? 30 mph cultivating like a sports car.

• Is it really hardcore physics? 30 mph cultivating like a sports car.

I put the physics on Hardore and cultivated the 2nd filed. Seems like I am in a sports car.. blasting from one end of the field to another.

I thought this was hardcore? seems more like GTA. am I missing something here? Also there is hardly any mud kicking up at all. Is this correct?

:( <X
    • ParaPlays wrote:

I put the physics on Hardore and cultivated the 2nd filed. Seems like I am in a sports car.. blasting from one end of the field to another.

I thought this was hardcore? seems more like GTA. am I missing something here? Also there is hardly any mud kicking up at all. Is this correct?

:( <X
      Push T you can use that as a cruise control. With every push you shift up. And shift down again
    • Tech demo is a fancy word for "you get an extremely scraped version of the game that only has the most necessary elements in them" the point if to TEST the tech demo for errors like the game crashing, fps issues etc so the devs can fix those errors in v.0.1.0 which is the actual EA
      this is v.0.0.8 so keep calm and report those game breaking bugs

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jeytav ().

• ParaPlays wrote:

It was also to showcase to the public how it stands out against fs and brings simulation aspects.

This could actually have a negative effect.

Stop blowing smoke up their arses, a public forum is for positive and negative comments.
      Oh I'm not blowing smoke up anyone's butt. just go read some of my post and threads and then you'll see that I'm far from doing that.

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • mmmBetty wrote:

@ParaPlays a tech demo is not intended in any way to showcase anything. As @Jeytav stated it is extremely dulled down version of the game just to test downloads/launching/game breaking bugs.
      The gameplay is a feature because it has to be to test graphical bugs etc.

Early Access is what showcases a game and it's core features.
      You are referring to is a test demo. The sole purpose of a tech demo is demonstrate, or showcase, the technology used by the game, be that the game engine, physics engine, or certain gameplay aspects. The devs should have not called this a tech demo, because it is certainly not one.
    • Johndeere167 wrote:

mmmBetty wrote:

@ParaPlays a tech demo is not intended in any way to showcase anything. As @Jeytav stated it is extremely dulled down version of the game just to test downloads/launching/game breaking bugs.

You are referring to is a test demo. The sole purpose of a tech demo is demonstrate, or showcase, the technology used by the game, be that the game engine, physics engine, or certain gameplay aspects. The devs should have not called this a tech demo, because it is certainly not one.

The definition of a tech demo, includes rough examples, otherwise incomplete versions that are basic proof of concept

what we have is a basic proof of concept, ergo it IS by definition a tech demo.
    • b101uk wrote:

Johndeere167 wrote:

mmmBetty wrote:

The definition of a tech demo, includes rough examples, otherwise incomplete versions that are basic proof of concept

So I guess their proof of concept is they made a game featuring drivable tractors where you can cultivate fields. That doesn't really coincide with their mission statement of 'hyperrealistic farming sim'.
    • Johndeere167 wrote:

b101uk wrote:

Johndeere167 wrote:

mmmBetty wrote:

So I guess their proof of concept is they made a game featuring drivable tractors where you can cultivate fields. That doesn't really coincide with their mission statement of 'hyperrealistic farming sim'.

So I guess you don't understand the words "rough examples", "otherwise incomplete versions" or "basic".

given the mechanisms logically for limiting the speed of a tractor with x driven wheels and ### power vs. xxx implement and its resistance curves vs speed and soil types would be added in later stages once you have done the MUCH harder things, given what we have is their old v0.0.8 tech demo which is serving no other purpose than being a file and a test for the launcher and download server, with the v0.0.9 tech demo then coming next is in essence file padding (i.e. there must be impetus for people to download a file by giving old tech demo) before the full EA release of v0.1.0
    • Jumped on board today, knowing this was only going to be the start of what WILL be a great game in the future.

Without funding and testing it wont happen.

Loaded the game up and not overly impressed (yet) with performance. Low fps/stutter etc. But what the heck....know its early days and not going to bitch about it. Can see it has potential.

People need to realise that its early days rather than expecting a near complete game.
      Clearly from some of the youtube videos that some have hit the sweet spot with settings and performance but I have yet to find.

Hey ho..so be it. Sure things will get better and sorted.
      At the end of the day. I have just paid out for a game that I would buy many months from now anyway, and with interest rates from banks almost zero I havn't lost anything.

Will check in now and then for updates and maybe chip in with bug reporting etc.

In the mean time I have plenty of real life farming that needs doing. Maybe the winter will bring better performance and playability.
      i7 7700k - Asus Strix 1080Ti - 16gb Ram - Oculus CV1.
    • Boyoboyoboy????? what gives with all this SHoeInTurd :cursing: . Give it a break guysgals <3 . How long does it take to get a new plane flyin? or a new model car or what ever? Gees it taken me ALL week to finally get the tech demo to run smoothly so I can play, big deal, it's only the beginning and WE have the privilege of being part of all the set up of a game WOW I luv it n I'm happy to be part of it. Let's stop rubbishing everything and everyone and help make this game into the greatest that I see it can n will be. :thumbsup: That's what they're asking for is to help out not CRITICIZE.
    • Truckyluv wrote:

Boyoboyoboy????? what gives with all this SHoeInTurd :cursing: . Give it a break guysgals <3 . How long does it take to get a new plane flyin? or a new model car or what ever? Gees it taken me ALL week to finally get the tech demo to run smoothly so I can play, big deal, it's only the beginning and WE have the privilege of being part of all the set up of a game WOW I luv it n I'm happy to be part of it. Let's stop rubbishing everything and everyone and help make this game into the greatest that I see it can n will be. :thumbsup: That's what they're asking for is to help out not CRITICIZE.
      It's not a privilege when you have to pay to even be a part of it lol. Also, FEEDBACK is criticism, be it positive or negative. So stop brown nosing them. They are being funded by the players, if they players don't like what they see, they have a right to complain all they want, just the same as a Publisher would.

Now from what I've seen if this isn't an old build, (which I am 100% sure it is) then whatever it's purpose was for feedback I hope it helps. If this is all they have (which like I said, I'm sure it's not just by videos and their blogs) then I'm worried, but as I said this isn't what they currently have.

"The demo includes our development map and two vehicles: Claas Arion 530 and Köckerling Rebell Classic 410. Not only can you get a first-hand look at the map, the surroundings, the buildings and vehicles; there’ll also be a couple of quests which you can use to show off your cultivating capabilities in timed tests. "

Dev Map
      Tractor
      Cultivator

If this isn't the actual map that they plan on releasing with then I don't know why they would care about how it looks.. Maybe just the graphics I guess, but imo they aren't that great. Like someone said before the soil is a bit off.. I noticed the cultivator wasn't kicking up much dust or soil.

The Tractor sound was nice and seemed smooth driving it, when sitting still the tractor was bouncing a bit.
      The character runs way too fast. Almost like he has no weight at all just sliding across the ground, it's 2017 pls fix this.
      Noticed the AI care weave AT YOU when you get close to them, this is also bad.

Other than that it's ok for what it is, but I'm getting a serious
      Agricultural Simulator feel to it. Although that game is old this game just reminds me of it in many ways graphics and style wise.
    • GibsonGaming wrote:

Truckyluv wrote:

Boyoboyoboy????? what gives with all this SHoeInTurd :cursing: . Give it a break guysgals <3 . How long does it take to get a new plane flyin? or a new model car or what ever? Gees it taken me ALL week to finally get the tech demo to run smoothly so I can play, big deal, it's only the beginning and WE have the privilege of being part of all the set up of a game WOW I luv it n I'm happy to be part of it. Let's stop rubbishing everything and everyone and help make this game into the greatest that I see it can n will be. :thumbsup: That's what they're asking for is to help out not CRITICIZE.
      If this isn't the actual map that they plan on releasing with then I don't know why they would care about how it looks.. Maybe just the graphics I guess, but imo they aren't that great. Like someone said before the soil is a bit off.. I noticed the cultivator wasn't kicking up much dust or soil.

The Tractor sound was nice and seemed smooth driving it, when sitting still the tractor was bouncing a bit.
      The character runs way too fast. Almost like he has no weight at all just sliding across the ground, it's 2017 pls fix this.

Agricultural Simulator feel to it. Although that game is old this game just reminds me of it in many ways graphics and style wise.
      I'm not 100% sure but it looks like the dev map has been created using the standard maps terrain but only with a 512x512 area filled with models. The Devmap was made so they could test different stuff without messing with standard map(there is a "parkour" area in the devmap) The devmap can also be used to test performance on a "smaller" scale which also means that making it look "good" would help test the performance
      So using the devmap map in the tech demo makes a lot of sense and releasing the full map would also make the file we downloaded even bigger.

This is still the TECH demo meaning only a few of the features are in the game. things like soil and dust from the cultivator will be added later just like implement sounds etc.

Characters walk and run speed seems to be fine on my.

Yes the AI traffic seems to offset to the left when trying to avoid collision with you instead of moving to the right.

I would say this is far from being an agrar game far far far from it and it's still a tech demo imo the graphics reminds me more of FS than Agrar.

• GibsonGaming wrote:

Truckyluv wrote:

It's not a privilege when you have to pay to even be a part of it lol. Also, FEEDBACK is criticism, be it positive or negative. So stop brown nosing them. They are being funded by the players, if they players don't like what they see, they have a right to complain all they want, just the same as a Publisher would.
      Now from what I've seen if this isn't an old build, (which I am 100% sure it is) then whatever it's purpose was for feedback I hope it helps. If this is all they have (which like I said, I'm sure it's not just by videos and their blogs) then I'm worried, but as I said this isn't what they currently have.

"The demo includes our development map and two vehicles: Claas Arion 530 and Köckerling Rebell Classic 410. Not only can you get a first-hand look at the map, the surroundings, the buildings and vehicles; there’ll also be a couple of quests which you can use to show off your cultivating capabilities in timed tests. "

Dev Map
      Tractor
      Cultivator

I'm not brown nosing MATE. An it still is a privilege whether you pay for it or not. As I said About planes etc do you get a say in it. All I'm sayin is give em a go, yea with feedback but stop all the CRAP. I have a few issues with it but they seem to be covered by other comments but I don't get narky like some others do. ^^
    • Truckyluv wrote:

GibsonGaming wrote:

Truckyluv wrote:

It's not a privilege when you have to pay to even be a part of it lol. Also, FEEDBACK is criticism, be it positive or negative. So stop brown nosing them. They are being funded by the players, if they players don't like what they see, they have a right to complain all they want, just the same as a Publisher would.Now from what I've seen if this isn't an old build, (which I am 100% sure it is) then whatever it's purpose was for feedback I hope it helps. If this is all they have (which like I said, I'm sure it's not just by videos and their blogs) then I'm worried, but as I said this isn't what they currently have.

Dev Map
      Tractor
      Cultivator

I'm not brown nosing MATE. An it still is a privilege whether you pay for it or not. As I said About planes etc do you get a say in it. All I'm sayin is give em a go, yea with feedback but stop all the CRAP. I have a few issues with it but they seem to be covered by other comments but I don't get narky like some others do. ^^
      You don't seem to understand the definition of privilege - a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people.

We are in no way a special group if anyone can just buy their way in. Now if their were Alph Keys that were given out to a certain amount of people then ya..

The post was edited 1 time, last by GibsonGaming ().

• GibsonGaming wrote:

You don't seem to understand the definition of privilege - a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people.
      We are in no way a special group if anyone can just buy their way in. Now if their were Alph Keys that were given out to a certain amount of people then ya..
      People who've bought a season pass to their local sport teams' home games are also granted privileges, despite anyone could buy a season pass if they wanted.

We might have paid for our privilege, but it's nevertheless a privilege given to us that others who hasn't paid don't have.
    • Just wanted to chip in off topic. Different tractors can behave totally different to one another. One tractor I drive, Case Puma is a fairly smooth ride. While a Deere I used to drive was virtually still. Go back to an old MF 2720 and you can be all over the place.

As for the tech demo, I personally wasn't overly impressed. But at the same time it's just that, a tech demo. The fact we got anything at all impressed me. It shows that they are making progress and more importantly, willing to share it with us. I'm looking forward to early access and quite honestly I don't see why people are getting stressed over things. It's early days, of course things aren't going to be "as expected" at this stage. Give it time.