Masterbrain Bytes & Cattle and Crops enter partnership with Toplitz Productions

• Masterbrain Bytes & Cattle and Crops enter partnership with Toplitz Productions

Toplitz Productions is an experienced publisher who will take over the marketing and distribution of Cattle and Crops for us. These two areas are very important points that we as developers can hardly manage alone. For this reason, we’ve held time-consuming discussions and negotiations with several publishers in the last months to find the best possible partner for Cattle and Crops in this area.

With Toplitz Productions, we have found a partner with many years of experience in the games industry as well as the development and distribution of simulations in the genre.

Further information and a statement from Toplitz can be found in Toplitz' press release.

TL;DR
      While we take care of the further planning and development of Cattle and Crops, Toplitz will assume marketing and publishing functions.
    • First Farmer’s Dynasty now Cattle & Crops

@peterdian
      - europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/…tees-returns/index_en.htm

Under EU rules, a trader must repair, replace, reduce the price or give you a refund if goods you bought turn out to be faulty or do not look or work as advertised.
      If you bought a product or a service online or outside of a shop (by telephone, mail order, from a door-to-door salesperson), you also have the right to cancel and return your order within 14 days, for any reason and without a justification.
      IT JUST WORKS
    • As mentioned in the previous news post, we’re currently working on update v0.9.5, in addition to the work on v1.0. The first version was sent to the testing department last week and is being optimized according to the feedback. The main part is the integration of the imposters, which is a render technique for large amounts of objects. In our case this entails vegetational elements such as trees and shrubs. The goal is a very palpable performance improvement, especially on AMD graphics cards.
      The complexity of this topic also led to the preponement of the integration of a lot of the Tombstone engine features.

In addition we continue to work on AI improvements, on the field as well as on the road, and of course a multitude of other game elements. For example, we’ve integrated vehicle settings such as variable work widths and spread rate into the task system. Also, the Claas Tucano combine has received a small update: the tank animation including the fill mesh has been rigged and animated from scratch, and the swathing system has finally received more simple controls (1× on ⇆ off, 1× swath deposit ⇆ chopping).

As we’d like to add the Tombstone integration into the final update before the v1 release - so you can check it out and test - we’ll have to wait and see a bit how work on this will progress before being able to announce a definite date for the v0.9.5 release.
    • @CallMeMegalo.

I do not really understand, how the community is involved here, besides sitting and waiting for fair amount of years.

A project relying on a community, should firstly serve the tools needed, if everyone is not able to access the source.

My image of a community project is "quite" different from what this one is.

Still i chime in here every now and then, nowadays mostly to come see how time is standing still here.

As mentioned on many other channels, i have been working on a Open-Source farmsim with a couple folks, and got about halfway with it, while just waiting to even get my email answered, i sent to MBB about 2+ years ago...

The post was edited 1 time, last by C.H ().

• C.H wrote:

@CallMeMegalo.

I do not really understand, how the community is involved here, besides sitting and waiting for fair amount of years.

A project relying on a community, should firstly serve the tools needed, if everyone is not able to access the source.

My image of a community project is "quite" different from what this one is.

Still i chime in here every now and then, nowadays mostly to come see how time is standing still here.

As mentioned on many other channels, i have been working on a Open-Source farmsim with a couple folks, and got about halfway with it, while just waiting to even get my email answered, i sent to MBB about 2+ years ago...
      Did you just say you don't understand how the community is involved in a...kickstarter project?

Also, I never said it was a community project. I said it was BORN from the community by FS modders, supported by the farm sim loving community.
    • That is correct.

Exactly as you stated.

I did say, I Do Not understand how the community is involved here, be it then Kickstarter or whatnot.

Supporting work financially, is very different from a community created project, maintained and available to everyone.

And.

Don't even get me started with the mods. I mean, respect to those who put time in to creating content on here.

But. Leaving one enviroment, seeking for something different, does not give you the right to grab the bits and pieces you did enjoy, somewhere else.

Going over the mods found on here, alot of them are "Stolen" From diverse game's, like FS, and Even SCS's Software's ETS2.

"There might be some legal glitches with the mods topic" But something not being directly illegal, does not necessarily make it right.

I am not here to argue, or rub my peepee in anyone's face. My loss is no greater than anyone else's.

I had great expectations in cnc, heck. So much, it has been my empowering force, to do something different until this day.
    • Goddag Nybyggarn.

Sadly enough this is the case.

Not all mods are stolen, just a huge amount of them.

And its cancer.... For the overall image.

Now, this would be no problem, if everyone would create for personal use, but doing hotshare's like rn... puuuhhhh.. dang...

I wont point any fingers on here, but i will put it like this. Geometry, rarely lies, and in very rare cases, ends up identical with other models.

I think this is a side effect, of the "Community" Trying to fill in, what the base package does not include.

And therefor, reinventing the wheel, sadly.

Now this fact, is purely the "Community's" headache.

I as many others, have history from FS back in the days, as well as modding for ETS a long time ago.

The facts are there, some do in fact admit grabbing models from other platforms, other's dont.

Still, something not being directly illegal, is not necessarily right either.
    • Before i leave, i would like to state a few things.

And take a moment to present, my view, on all of this, dividing it in to 3 pieces.

Firstly, we have the core developers.

Whom knows, how many, or how few at time being.

That for years have been assembling a game engine together, that they actually bought commercially.

My respect partially belongs to them, for having a very good idea, about the workload of this, but i am not gonna speculate if this approach is wise or not.

Mistakes and changes happen alot in everyday life, i just think its rather a question of how you meet & handle them.

Secondly, we have the modder's.

Partially made up of those, picking the cherries, between the pond's of piss, that they have poured over the original authors, and platform they originate from.

In this second case, my true respect, belongs to them, who have been willing to go all the way, to meet their vision, with honesty in mind.

Thirdly, we have the users & fans who are honestly, the biggest victims in this case, being caught in the middle of all of this, when they actually just wanna have a good time.

I would finally like to state on more thing.

I noted that the long bespoken member "gheazu" has been kicked from the forums.

I am not gonna stand up for gheazu in any way, i think i can quite quickly relate, to a few occasions, that might have added up, to sealing gheazu's destiny, here on the forums.

But.. i must say, even if hen's approach to expression, might not always have been planned that well.

Hen was the first, to point out, alot of the fact's that have turned out, to be what is holding this entire project back.