Status Update 17 Jan 2020

• Status Update 17 Jan 2020

First things first (even if slightly belated): we hope you’ve had a great start into the new, golden decade and wish you an awesome new year!

We’re currently working on one last update before the release of the final v1 version. This update is expected to primarily contain, in addition to general bug fixes, vegetation imposters, which will lead to performance improvements on most systems. Aside from that, we’ve extended the task system with adjustable settings for vehicles with variable work widths and spread rates, allowing vehicles such as the Rauch Axis, Dammann Land-Cruiser and Stapel VT to be configured directly in the task creation window.

Last but not least we’re in the process of converting the three Strautmann vehicles to our in-house brand “Hammer”, changing specifically the textures and vehicle names. This applies to the Giga-Vitesse, SZK and Verti-Mix vehicles.
      The reason for that is the expiration of our license with the manufacturer Strautmann at the end of the month. We put a lot of effort into negotiating a renewal of said license agreement, however an extension has not been possible at this point in time due to duration terms and exclusivity clauses with other companies.

It has to be remembered that license agreements such as this are usually not set for life and can be revoked by both parties at any time. We’re grateful to Strautmann for the successful cooperation so far and hope to be seeing the brand back in Cattle and Crops at a later time. Nothing will change for you as the community, modders or Let’s Players: no images, videos or mods need to be changed or removed.

Finally, a little “good news, everyone!” teaser: we’ve recently entered a new partnership which we’re certain will highly benefit the development of Cattle and Crops. We’re going to provide detailed news within the next week.
    • "...exclusivity clauses with other companies."

This is why you should amp up working on modding tutorials, modders aren't confined by license deals. Modders elevate games like these, if not for modders a certain other Simulator revolving around farming would be nothing special. This game has created a better sandbox for modders to thrive, give modders the tools to elevate this game and make it easier for inexperienced and upcoming modders to thrive.
    • RolliS2k wrote:

Of course it continues after the V1.
      I know that's been said but calling it "1.0 - Retail Version" seems kind of disingenuous given the current state of the game. The timeline also stops at "1.0 - Retail Version" so that's why I was asking. Someone new to the project would look at "1.0 - Retail Version" and probably think finished product. Calling it "1.0 - Retail Version" could also be interpreted as an end to Early Access. I know that's not the case because I've been on board since Kickstarter but someone just browsing the website or the Steam store page likely wouldn't come away with that impression.

edit:
      If you buy from website right now it says Final version 1.0
      • 1x Cattle and Crops - Final version 1.0 - Downloadversion
    • I gotta say I'm a little dissapointed were calling (essentially) what we have now V1. If everyone can see solid 60 fps on high settings with a 10 series graphics card or higher, only then would I finally call the frame rates acceptable. The driving physics as of last time I ran the game are still far from solid, transmissions are still clearly place holders. I mean we've come a long ways, just kinda seems like we're slapping V1 on it so ya'll can start pumping out DLC's in order to generate more income. I mean if it's necessary then so be it, just makes future development of the core game (aside from consoles which clearly no one here really cares about, and MP) look bleak. Maybe I'm assuming to much and asking to much... I donno.
      Nothin' Runs Like A Deere When It's Gettin' Chased By A Magnum

Display Spoiler

i7 6700k @4.6 ghz w/ 360mm AIO liquid cooler
      32gb Corsair Vengance 3200mhz
      2 Asus Strix GTX 1070's w/ HB Bridge
      Asus Maximus Hero VIII
      Corsair HX 850i
      256gb Samsung 960 Evo (Boot)
      512gb Samsung 860 Pro (Games and Programs)
      1tb WD Black (Recordings)
      2 2tb WD Red (Mass Storage & Back-ups)
      Asus Blu-Ray Burner
      Corsair 780T
      APC 1500VA UPS w/ additional battery
    • What started to be a great game end up to be below average. I remember what @TheCoCe say a one year ago " We will have gearbox with manual gears" We all had big hopes for this project. Unfortunately this game brings nothing new to the table. And cost half of RDR2 price 30 euro for C&C :( FS20 will come out this year with the same price tag,
      This game is death from the release day. Sad to see this project fail. :(
      IT JUST WORKS

The post was edited 1 time, last by gheazu ().

• gheazu wrote:

What started to be a great game end up to be below average. I remember what @TheCoCe say a one year ago " We will have gearbox with manual gears" We all had big hopes for this project. Unfortunately this game brings nothing new to the table. And cost half of RDR2 price 30 euro for C&C :( FS20 will come out this year with the same price tag,
      This game is death from the release day. Sad to see this project fail. :(
      You are so badly right.
    • I also think it’s going one way now, and it’s down hill. I thought the whole time that maybe they would pull a monkey out of their sleeves. But sadly I think the game is dead, it’s not a good sign that companies are jumping out of it. And the game is not the same if you don’t have the original machines.

I know it’s a small team but the companies are mostly jumping out now because it’s take to long time

It seems vi are getting stuck with the other game company in many many years
    • frankw67 wrote:

I also think it’s going one way now, and it’s down hill. I thought the whole time that maybe they would pull a monkey out of their sleeves. But sadly I think the game is dead, it’s not a good sign that companies are jumping out of it. And the game is not the same if you don’t have the original machines.

I know it’s a small team but the companies are mostly jumping out now because it’s take to long time

It seems vi are getting stuck with the other game company in many many years

I think you're reading more into it than there really is. MBB writes that Strautmann does not renew an expired license because there is now an exclusive agreement with another company. I don't think we all have to think long and hard about who that could be. Why is this other company doing this? I don't think they would do that if Cattle and Crops was irrelevant to them.

What does Strautmann gain from no longer being a brand name in Cattle and Crops? Nothing! The reason for the non-renewal is probably rather what this other company wants and Strautmann had to weigh up at that moment: Do we want to be in the big "game AAA" or in all kinds of other games? If they could choose, they would probably prefer to be in all games instead of just one. Does that make CNC a worse game?
    • GuybrushThreepwood wrote:

What does Strautmann gain from no longer being a brand name in Cattle and Crops? Nothing!
      They do not associate there name with the quality of C&C at this moment.

What does Strautmann gain from no longer being a brand name in Cattle and Crops?
      - They keep there brand mane associate with something good. At the moment C&C reviews are bad and they do not want that no one wants this bad publicity

This is a speculation of my, so thereat as it is.

Does that make CNC a worse game?

No. Game is the same even if the name are Mercedes or teuiuy no one cares how they are call :D
      IT JUST WORKS
    • gheazu wrote:

GuybrushThreepwood wrote:

What does Strautmann gain from no longer being a brand name in Cattle and Crops? Nothing!
      They do not associate there name with the quality of C&C at this moment.
      What does Strautmann gain from no longer being a brand name in Cattle and Crops?
      - They keep there brand mane associate with something good. At the moment C&C reviews are bad and they do not want that no one wants this bad publicity

This is a speculation of my, so thereat as it is.

Does that make CNC a worse game?

No. Game is the same even if the name are Mercedes or teuiuy no one cares how they are call :D
      Don't know what your measure for bad reviews is. But actually on Steam the rating is 70% positive.
    • As speculation it could also be another brand not agreeing to have Strautman by their side in CNC... Only MBB knows
      AMD Ryzen 2700X + Corsair H100x - 16Gb Ram - Curial 500Go SSD - Gigabyte RTX2080Ti Waterforce 11Go - 32'' FullHD Monitor - Logitech Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle with 2 side controllers

:S
      My English is not perfect, thank you for being indulgent...
      Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, Danke für ihr Verständnis...
      :S
    • I personally think that MBB has worked hard so far and the story behind some of its components supports them to continue creating new objects, however I think they should rethink the game in the future giving more importance to virtual reality, physical, graphics (maps , AI, joints and scripts are much more complicated to develop than in other simulators) and are what will really attract the player. The brands are the least important since any brand has a large number of objects that cover all aspects of the simulator and once you have this the modders are responsible for multiplying them easily whenever we have a well-made and public API that we do not have for now

personalmente creo que MBB ha trabajado mucho hasta este momento y la historia detras de alguno de sus componentes les avala para seguir creando nuevos objetos , sin embargo creo que deberian replantear en un futuro el juego dando mas inportancia a realidad virtual, fisicas , graficos ( mapas ,AI, joints y scripts son mucho mas conplicados de desarrollar que en otros simuladores) y son lo que realmente atraera al jugador . Las marcas son lo menos inportante ya que cualquier marca tiene una gran cantidad de objetos que cubren todos los aspectos del simulador y una vez se tiene esto los modders se encargan de multiplicarlos facilmente siempre que tengamos una API bien hecha y publica que por ahora no tenemos
    • I read a lot of comments and everyone talks about machines. About what animals and other features are still missing. In the first place, I'd rather improve performance, which is admittedly bad enough. Of course, my machine may be old, but not only those with the most modern machines can play. I have to say that until the performance is optimized properly, it is completely unnecessary to provide any other features to the game. You will disagree with this, but let's look at my machine: i5 6600k, 16Gb RAM, GTX 1060 6 / Gb VGA. The average FPS 30 is medium and high mixed. On the outside, it's 50fps average, but as soon as you switch to the internal view, it's 30fps and below. I think it's more important than what brands and other animals will be in the game. So arrive later in v1.0 rather than having to deal with the fact that playing with a mid-range machine is almost inexplicable. Refute anyone who considers it more important that other features are primarily needed in the game. Hi everybody. Sorry I bad speak English properly. :)