Early Access Update v0.9.0 - Maize grain harvest & polishing

• Early Access Update v0.9.0 - Maize grain harvest & polishing

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

With this update we’re very excited to introduce our newest industry partner! The new header Mais Star* Horizon 800 FB by Geringhoff enables you to harvest maize grain with the Claas Tucano combine. During this type of harvest, the corn cob is completely separated from the plant and the kernels stored in the bunker; the rest of the plant is chopped up and left on the field. You can sell the harvested kernels at the harbor.
      We’ve added an introductory mission that’s available immediately.

Sliding vehicles
      Up until now, the vehicle wheels blocked too early during the braking process and it looked as if the machines would slip even at low speeds. We have adjusted the braking behavior and the handbrake for all machines: now the wheels decelerate not only visually but also physically slowly with the vehicle speed.

All other new items, bug fixes and changes can be found in the change log.

We wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
      We’re going to be back on January 13.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Note to the modders
      We have adjusted the fixed implement attachers (front loader, front loader tool, combine cutter, forage harvester cutter). Implements are now aligned to the attacher node so that the reference and attacher nodes have the same position and orientation. Existing mods may need to be adjusted.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

• NEW Manufacturer Geringhoff, with 6m corn header Mais Star* Horizon 800 FB
      • NEW Fruit type maize grain
        • Attention: maize swath can’t be tedded/windrowed/collected

• NEW Mission Grain Maize Harvest
      • NEW Setting "Physics Realism" changed to 2 options
      • NEW Cutting Controller: Script method HasFillPackageOnPath
      • NEW Returns whether there is a fruit somewhere on a connected path
      • NEW GFX Vegetation Render Density is taken into account when displaying plants on the cutting controller paths
      • NEW Cutting Controller can now send swath to two different Swath controllers (with different ratios)
      • NEW The fertilizer type can now be specified for fertilizing tasks
      • NEW Script methods GetLightState, SetLightState on the Implement Proxy
      • NEW Script method CreateInstance: loads an instance dynamically
      • NEW Console command factionReputation
        • Without arguments: lists reputation with the respective factions
        • factionReputation <factionId> <value>: sets reputation
        • Example: factionReputation harb 50

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

• BUG FIX Save game load: unspawned animals will now be moved back into the barns
      • BUG FIX Bugs in the AI pathfinding were fixed - especially when path angles were exactly 0 or 2π, which triggered a bug in the math library
      • BUG FIX Optimized navigation paths at the harbor and farm. AI should no longer get stuck at those locations
      • BUG FIX Bogey trailers no longer have asymmetric attachment angles
      • BUG FIX Joskin Delta-Cap unloading textures show correct fill type again
      • BUG FIX Tank transfer continues even if the transfer window is hidden
      • BUG FIX Fertilizer implements automatically buy fertilizer when controlled by AI
      • BUG FIX Get…/Set…/HasParentMachineState now also works if the parent is a vehicle (previously only on implement parents)
      • BUG FIX Shader SSAO bug fix for environment objects
      • BUG FIX Engine raycasts replaced by PhysX sweep tests and machine spawn improved on sloping surfaces
      • BUG FIX Particle systems referenced by "ParticleType" are no longer re-initialized constantly, but only when changed
      • BUG FIX Cowshed: no animals in barns 0, 2, 4, 8 fixed
      • BUG FIX Hammer CornKing: fertilizing is activated automatically when controlled by the AI
      • BUG FIX Hammer Corn Seeder Unit: ridge marker side change is working again (both manually and via AI)
      • BUG FIX The Rauch Axis will be switched off after an AI task has been completed
      • BUG FIX Dammann Land Cruiser folds in/moves up the frame correctly again at the end of an AI task
      • BUG FIX Claas Quadrant clog mesh is displayed again
      • BUG FIX Harvest task progress is calculated correctly again
      • BUG FIX The position of the barn exit is correctly recognized and displayed in tasks again
      • BUG FIX Animal transport task with loading/unloading in the barn uses the correct transfer point again

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

• CHANGE Continued work on Tombstone 2.9.1 integration (many only internal changes)
      • CHANGE Retail overlay with CNC version removed
      • CHANGE Brake and handbrake values adjusted so that the vehicles no longer slip during braking (wheels lock)
      • CHANGE Attacher angle (tow pin hitch and tow ball hitch): angles increased for MB Tracs, Claas Jaguar and Arion
      • CHANGE Tow ball attacher added to Claas Jaguar and MB Trac 1000 (not visually)
      • CHANGE The following vehicles have received more accurate dirt texture masks:
        • Bressel und Lade silage bucket S; S L; S XL
        • Claas FL 100
        • Claas cutterbar trailer 521

• CHANGE Strautmann Giga-Vitesse no longer supports the loading of threshed fruit or fertilizer, but only chaff, swath and feed
      • CHANGE Reaching positions in self-created tasks now has a 30m tolerance
      • CHANGE Environment objects at the farm and harbor optimized in order to reduce AI collisions
      • CHANGE Attachable Attachers have been revised (front loader, front loader tool, combine cutter, forage harvester cutter). Implements are now aligned to the attacher node so that the reference and attacher nodes have the same position and orientation. Existing mods may need to be adjusted.

The post was edited 5 times, last by JakobTischler ().

• @gheazu

Your argument makes no sense. Because you have AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core, like me (I have Intel 8700k and 1080ti both without OC) and I almost have 60fps (in some places there are dips), but I don't have problems like you, so I don't agree it seems that the game is not stable because it works correctly, but when I set it to Low I have 100+ fps so it is a smooth game.

A resolution above 1920x1080 + requires higher graphics card performance, because the 27'' 2560x1440 screen is a completely different graphics action in any game, because it gets even more from the monitor. RTX has nothing to do with Cattle and Clops, because it doesn't support it yet. OpenGL is a completely different platform like Vulcan or DirectX 11/12, which gives you greater opportunity in fluidity and performance.

Please remember that this game only supports the old Tombstone engine and XreaL mix, which is outdated by today's standards of other titles that require RTX graphics cards with RayTracing support. Like once, this game does not yet support these cards, but in my opinion the game is correct.

If anyone has problems with fluidity, I recommend playing on the Medium settings, it will be optimal in the operation of the game without a problem.

The game itself also perfectly supports TrackIR, which works great because the farmer's head movement also works, and that's something.

Steering wheels like Logitech G29 also works well, in addition to Force Feedback, but the problem is that the steering wheel software from LGS (Logitech Gaming Software) and Logitech G-Hub which is new does not work option to change the Force Feedback itself. But you can play.

I have no tendency to opinion the game, because it is not yet released, so it will be an old time to rating it in this state. Personally, I will wait for the game to be released in full glory.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lothaletrus ().

• I would really wish this game to succeed and overthrone FS game, because me and lots of players are bored of basically same game every 2 years with minimal changes.
      CnC have some mechanics better than FS, for example, dynamic muddy ground, soil mechanic, realistic fertilize system NPK, built in much better worker (although still buggy), Seasons...maybe i forgot something.

FS has landscaping tool, better driving physics ( or not, depends on player's taste, but i enjoy driving tractor in FS19 more than in CnC), much more implements and vehicles, ability to create new fields with plow/plough, overall more content to do.

CnC is more simulator, while FS is more arcade...but at this point FS provide more fun even if its really arcade game.

Piece of advice from a player who wish that CnC succeed in the future:
      steal some ideas from FS and implement them in CnC, improve game in those aspects in which FS is better.
    • bojanh66 wrote:

steal some ideas from FS and implement them in CnC, improve game in those aspects in which FS is better.
      I agree. It's not like FS didn't steal ideas from C&C (i.e. Foliage Bending around vehicles). I'm excited to give the game another go. It's been a couple version updates since I ran it last. But on the same token, I have a couple things I need to see polished before I really sink my teeth into it again. All the best of luck with continued development and Happy Holidays!
      Nothin' Runs Like A Deere When It's Gettin' Chased By A Magnum

Display Spoiler

i7 6700k @4.6 ghz w/ 360mm AIO liquid cooler
      32gb Corsair Vengance 3200mhz
      2 Asus Strix GTX 1070's w/ HB Bridge
      Asus Maximus Hero VIII
      Corsair HX 850i
      256gb Samsung 960 Evo (Boot)
      512gb Samsung 860 Pro (Games and Programs)
      1tb WD Black (Recordings)
      2 2tb WD Red (Mass Storage & Back-ups)
      Asus Blu-Ray Burner
      Corsair 780T
      APC 1500VA UPS w/ additional battery
    • rubberburner89 wrote:

bojanh66 wrote:

I agree. It's not like FS didn't steal ideas from C&C (i.e. Foliage Bending around vehicles). I'm excited to give the game another go. It's been a couple version updates since I ran it last. But on the same token, I have a couple things I need to see polished before I really sink my teeth into it again. All the best of luck with continued development and Happy Holidays!
      Using these things are hardly stealing. It's not like CnC was the first game of have foliage bending and FS can't take credit for inviting modern day agriculture, so I'd rather say they should use any good idea regardless if FS i using it.
    • I wish all the followers of C&C the Team of MBB and all the Modders a special & relaxing Xmas time
      and a good jump in the new year.

My wish is that people that takes the time to loggin here to advise modders about errors in the mods, woud take some time to say what they like and how thankful they are (if its is so) some people do it allready and i like that.

they spend so much time to give us some new game experiences
      and thats all for free, the least we can do is thank them for it.

My special thanks goes to XYZSPAIN. You follow C&C now from the beginning, and share your'e high quality mods than over 2 years if I am right.

That huge number of Mods in this grade of Quality i cant even imagine how many hours he spent to build them, to give them all the funktions and to update them all the time again and again. (special thanks for the new sounds)

but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel 0.9 and 1.0 to come

I am sorry my english... i hope i got that right.
    • Does an update means an engine is not outdated? I play a mod, Darkest hour 44 45, its based on a game from 2004 when im correct. The mod is still in development and being updated. Does that mean this mod and graphics are not outdated? Of course it is outdated.

For me the biggest problem is that they showed us stuff which they couldnt make game ready.
    • @Octopuss

I think I understand what you mean. Thanks for trying to explain it to me.

Brands:
      Yes, very basic in vanilla game. More or less "one type" for every job you need to do in the game. Nothing differnet to choose without Mods.

Personally I do not focus too much on the version tag.
      For me it is important that development proceeds. For me ist does not matter if it is v1.1, v1.2, ... or v0.9, v0.9.1, ...

And to be honest - I am just a gamer, I just want to play - I do not spent to much time on "Marketing" things. Is it good to release current state or state one year later or only release game if it contains feature xyz.