Status Update 05 Dec 2019 - Development

• Status Update 05 Dec 2019 - Development

As announced, we’ll elaborate on the planned development up to the release of version 1.0 in the following.

Planning: We will The time until the release of version 1.0 of Cattle and Crops use to optimize existing content and bug fixing, as well as to process feedback from the testing department. However, a small update 0.9 will be released before Christmas. New content and features will be added into the game after v1.0 again. The exact release date of v1.0 will probably be announced at the beginning of 2020.

Short: Update v0.9 > Polishing > Gold Version > Release v1.0 > Day One Patch > Further development with features and DLCs.

Multiplayer: We‘re going to develop the multiplayer further after v1.0. As already mentioned a few weeks ago, we will dedicate much of the time to the helper AI first. We can't make a statement about the development time and the scope of the multiplayer mode at the moment, but this feature is high on our list of priorities.

Console: A second pillar of development is the port to consoles. We get a lot of feedback through our social media channels on this topic, including when and on which console CNC would appear. As the planning for this is still unfinished we can't give any details yet. e are planning to port it to Playstation 4 as the first console version after the release of v1.0, however.. As mentioned above, we’re going to work on new content and constant improvements for the PC version at the same time: the PC remains the base platform.

Performance: One of the biggest potentials for improvement is the area of performance in Cattle and Crops. We see this as still very inadequate. In the phase up to the v1.0 release, the main focus is on areas such as: total number of objects e.g. trees, vegetation, shadow optimization, multi-threading. After v1.0 we plan to fully integrate the latest version (v3.0) of the Tombstone engine - which will not only offer numerous optimizations but will also bring some graphic improvements.

Season Pass: Up until now, the Season Pass starts with CNC 1.0 version. Due to the delays we have decided to start it with the release of the first paid DLC. This way you won't lose any potential DLCs as part of your Season Pass.

User Interface: The structure will not change significantly until v1.0, but some sections will be revised or optimized.

Story & Tutorials: The story will be revised, e.g. the grassland and BGA missions will be taken over into the main story line. The tutorials will be separated and added as single missions (as it was the case for a short time in the Tech Demo). With the release of the "Albergtal" mMap we have added most of the explanations to the story. The goal is to be able to start the tutorials again individually, e.g.. "Buy a vehicle". These can then be easily extended with new features and changes to CNC.

Languages: The entire game will be translated into other languages - French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese (pt-br), Russian, Spanish - by v1.0. We are also working on the technical implementation for Chinese and Japanese.

Circulation weather/soil/plant: The partnership with Landwirtschaftsverlag has also brought about some changes in game design. Our goal was to release an extended system with v0.8. Partly thanks to the access to more detailed information as well as to technical experts, this complex topic has been delayed in development and implementation. Due to this fact, this feature is the only one that could be released before v1.0 by an intermediate update. Should this system cause any problems during the polishing phase, we will have to postpone the release until after the v1.0 release.

Difficulty: We plan to complete the categorization and direct integration of difficulty level elements up to v1.0. This includes the classification of the individual settings into "easy"/"medium"/"difficult", as well as the exact implementation of the effects of the options in the game.

We hope that these explanations of the individual production areas will provide a good insight into the coming months. Many thanks for the support and for the continuing detailed feedback! We wish you all a merry Santa Nicholas and a wonderful pre-Christmas time! ️
    • masterbrain wrote:

Season Pass: Up until now, the Season Pass starts with CNC 1.0 version. Due to the delays we have decided to start it with the release of the first paid DLC. This way you won't lose any potential DLCs as part of your Season Pass.
      Yes the paid DLC.

Come on C&C take a cup of reality and fix the bloody game before you throw in more XXXXXX.

Hahah now is the time to say "I Told You So"

IT JUST WORKS
    • I wonder why the haste to push it to version 1.0 and release? The game does not feel like a complete game and when you push it to 1.0 people will definitely complain that the price is to high for what you get, now when you can't tell em it's still in beta and it will be improved on release.

For me it does not matter, but I'm afraid of what the consequences might be in terms of publicity and review on steam etc.
    • gheazu wrote:

masterbrain wrote:

Yes the paid DLC.
      Come on C&C take a cup of reality and fix the bloody game before you throw in more XXXXXX.

Hahah now is the time to say "I Told You So"

First of all, they have mentioned that there will come paid DLCs since before the tech demo.
      Second, they did not say when those DLCs are coming, just that Season Pass will start when the first one drops. The game will probably be fixed before that.

Please don't try to give a different meaning to a sentence just because it fits your narrative.
    • it is call marketing, if you remember they made partners, game is in a bad state and no one plays it and no one buy it no more, so there is no income and this is the only way to get more income. Is by the book :D, next they will focus getting this game out on console so they can squeeze more $$ out. If it will be fix ? That depends on how much $ they get monthly. they will make allot of $$ from console players.
      IT JUST WORKS
    • Hi @gheazu,

So I am playing this game and there are also gamers buying this game. Why do you always spread negative mood here?You do not have to play this game, nobody has committed you to it.It happens in the life that one does not always do the right thing, makes the right decision.But then you do not have to blame others.As I said, nobody forced you to buy this game.greetingRainer
      Gruß

Rainer
    • steamcharts.com/app/704030 - 25 players AVG in 2 years. YEs allot of people play and buy the game

Jerry67 wrote:

gamers buying this game
      gamers do not accept this low quality for 30 Euro. Only people who play from time to time 3h/week ish and they have low end PC cause they do not care about the quality.
      My intention are good and the game is in a bad state not even half decent,
      - We was promise:
      Gear box
      Optimization so we will not have 20 FPS when we harvest our crops
      Sounds
      Physics

And allot of things by the Moderators of this forum (read the bug topic all of them have a replay " It will be done in Polishing " Well Polishing update come and the game is in the same state as was 2 years ago, it moves the same it feels the same it sounds the same. Same shit different day.

And i have all the reasons to be negative as i list them above
      IT JUST WORKS
    • Please play LS19 and come down, so you lost some money (in your words) such things happend all the time in a lifetime
      focus on good thinngs in your life.

not everything will go the way you want, thats normal in every life, be lucky to have enought to eat and drink
      Specialy in the Christmas time. come clean with it, and dont waste your time here.

Please.
    • Hi @gheazu,

Why do not you play a game that meets your requirements?You do not have to spoil everything here.So I play the game for relaxation.If you're looking for something Hard Core, you're probably wrong.There are enough games where you can miss.Just doing it again and again is not fair.I've followed your posts here for a while now. You leave no stone on the other here. Something positive I have not heard of you yet (TombSton will never work ....)Well, sometimes you lose and sometimes win the others ....Just play another game if you do not like this one.

greeting

Rainer
      Gruß

Rainer
    • gheazu wrote:

steamcharts.com/app/704030 - 25 players AVG in 2 years. YEs allot of people play and buy the game

Jerry67 wrote:

gamers buying this game
      gamers do not accept this low quality for 30 Euro. Only people who play from time to time 3h/week ish and they have low end PC cause they do not care about the quality.My intention are good and the game is in a bad state not even half decent,
      - We was promise:
      Gear box
      Optimization so we will not have 20 FPS when we harvest our crops
      Sounds
      Physics

And allot of things by the Moderators of this forum (read the bug topic all of them have a replay " It will be done in Polishing " Well Polishing update come and the game is in the same state as was 2 years ago, it moves the same it feels the same it sounds the same. Same shit different day.

And i have all the reasons to be negative as i list them above
      It seems you are a true miracle boy who accomplishes unbelievable masterpieces in your profession every day. At least that's what we have to assume if we are to take your attitude to the game as a yardstick. With the statement "take a cup of reality" you should look in the mirror and consider what a small group of developers can achieve with a still small number of customers who have paid 30 EUR (or less if they have bought in the offer). I think it's absolutely amazing what MBB is able to do compared to big commercial products with huge manpower and incomparably higher financial resources.
    • It is important to remember that there are people who do this for pleasure and others to earn money, the important thing is to be convinced that what is done is the right thing and that every action has an impact I personally would not launch even without developing what other simulators they have abandoned or performed bad tricks and it is the deformation of mesh on wheels and the flexible connection between objects that give a high level of realism to objects

I know that I am a bit heavy with the mesh deformation but I have been waiting for 10 years to see the wheels deform by multiple effects (traction, applied weight) and after seeing a dynamic ground 2 years ago I expected that it would finally arrive
    • Nybyggarn wrote:

The game does not feel like a complete game
      Exactly my thoughts. I don't really remember the roadmap, but I feel like there would be TONS of content missing if 1.0 arrives anywhere within the next few months. It just makes no sense. I get the impression the game still looks like a tech demo at this point.
      And if the engine upgrade is not part of 1.0, well, good luck - that will not turn out well for you.
    • I agree with everything gheazu said.
      Game is far from finished, it feels very empty and dead, like its tech demo.
      Last time when i played the game, it was at 0.3 or 0.4 update, i cameback to try it again and i did not notice anything spectacular in driving, sounds, physics...only NPK fertilizing system, which is awesome, but everything else is big zero.
      I wish i could refund this, because i wont be playing game in this state unfortunately.
    • Well game work fine for me (not optimalization this need be done) but focus on bit more machines bring to game will be nice. I know modders already working but base should have bit more not to much. Players use couple machines anyway it's rarly thane someone use all availble stuff from any FS with DLC. Normaly you use preffered traktors, combains etc. Shame about last news for multiplayer. I think this will bring much more players (money ) than relese 1.0. Its not matter is alpha beta or whatever you call it, it's game for fun and you want play with friends cose its more fun than AI. Multiplayer where you can cooperate it's nice but i wish to have option to have 4 separate farms where we can little bit rival with friends, or just play as a good neigbour. DLC with orchard can be the idea for make some extra money but this after game work acceptable (solid 30 fps with no drops) and multiplayer.
    • gheazu wrote:

GuybrushThreepwood wrote:

It seems you are a true miracle boy who accomplishes unbelievable masterpieces in your profession every day.
      No im not, But i do not sell my fails with 30 Euro and i do not promise things im not capable to do them.We humans call this commonsense and do not like when some one takes advantage of our goodwill.
      We have (so far) not bought a finished product, but the Early Access to a development project (with all its uncertainties). What you call a promise, I call an aspired goal. It is your right to feel disappointed that these goals have not yet been achieved. But I personally don't like it when you write that someone here is "selling his fails" for 30 Bucks because it sounds like "malice" of the developers. But of course that's just my personal perception. And my perception is that I've been entertained by the game for many hours. And I'm looking forward to all the improvements that are yet to come. Or to put it another way: I've already spent more money on much shorter lasting fun.
    • GybrushThreepwood
      Call it how you want to call it in reality if you ask money for something and you pay VAT it means you sell it. So the reality is they SELL A UNFINISHED product without warranty that they will delver. They are bound to launch the game by the kick-starter contract. Then when game is release we can legally ask for money back as is a defect product or not as advertise, this available to all EU.
      So again for your information if you ask money and pay VAT = sell (you can call it how you want ,early access, beta, alpha, lala edition , in the law book is a sale)
      IT JUST WORKS
    • gheazu wrote:

Call it how you want to call it in reality if you ask money for something and you pay VAT it means you sell it. So the reality is they SELL A UNFINISHED product without warranty that they will delver.

You mean, like an early access to a game? Please show me where they have given any warranties that the product will ever be everything they aimed for? MMB has not told any lies, they have told about what their ambitions, dreams and hopes are for the game, but never promised that it will happen with certainty. If you take that as a warranty, that's on YOU not them. That's the hill you seem to die on constantly, because you don't seem to understand what you bought, despite all the information being out there. Everyone else don't seem to have any doubts of what they've bought. It might legally be a sale, but they have also made it clear that you don't buy a finished product, but you buy a hope for a finished product. Most of us understand the risk of supporting a project like this. These kinds of projects ALWAYS carry a certain risk of failure or not being everything we hoped for and if you do not understand that fact, you should not invest at all. THIS IS HOW REALITY WORKS, don't claim you know reality when you obviously don't. No investment is ever 100% secure, investments ALWAYS carries some amount risks no matter what they are.

The post was edited 1 time, last by CallMeMegalo ().

• main page cattleandcrops.com/

Features
      Simulation
      Detailed machinery and realistic harvesting techniques

[b]Psychic [/b]are bad, tractors skid on asphalt and mud etc.... So there is no simulation here

A simulation is an approximate imitation of the operation of a process or system; that represents its operation over time.Simulation is used in many contexts, such as simulation of technology forPerformance_tuning or optimizing, safety engineering, testing, training, education, and video games

Management
      Your employees will help you take care of your farm, your animals and your estate

Not working (they stuck they do not finish the job etc...)

Vegetation
      Plant growth and health depending on multiple ground conditions

Not done

Weather
      Advanced weather system influencing your farming strategies

Not done

Brands
      Supported by our license partners in the industry

I fail to see the Brands when you have ony one of each machine

Multiplayer
      Join your friends in conquering the maps

Not done

Modding Support
      Enhance the game with your own vehicles and maps

A joke i think there are 3 mods ! and they crappy

Made with Passion
      By Gamers - For Gamers

This one takes the cake :)
      IT JUST WORKS
    • Am I the only one getting tired of the same pointless hostile discussion?

It's like this forum is stuck on repeat every time Masterbrain writes anything...

*Some one gets upset and writes something that's not especially constructive and complain.
      *People starts a discussion that just ends up a bit hostile and sometimes even toxic without getting any where.

Can't we instead try to be more constructive and polite towards developers and eachother? Instead of jumping to conclusion that MB is greedy etc when mentioning DLC's, you could actually try to ask them when they are to release said DLC and in what state the game are expected to be in at that time?

Those question MB might actually answer, now I barely see any response from their side, which I'm not surprised by, probably due to the nature of the discussions in the english forum.
    • @gheazu

That's nice list, but they still list these as goals. Not certainties and they grant no promises. You still seem to be pretty lost when it comes to how these things work. It legally sound, they haven't sold you any lies. They have ALWAYS said that these things are their ambitions, but a lot of things can go wrong in such a process. Doesn't mean anyone has any ill-will, just that reality sometimes gets in the way of reaching your goals. How is it, that is so hard for you to understand?

If you don't want to lose money, don't do any betting on anything. Supporting an ambitious project like this is a bet and betting means risk of losing. That's life, you win some, lose some and you move on. Childish whining won't change anything.

And with this I'm done. If you can't understand how a kickstarter work and what risk it involves by now, you never will. So far all you have done is act entitled.

The post was edited 1 time, last by CallMeMegalo ().