How to Fertilize Fields

• Cool video. Not that easy for me to understand all you said with that "slang" ;)

My experience in addition is:

• the spread rate is lower than configured. Seems like "Rauch Axis" is around 10% below what is configured
      • Hammer CornKing is around 30% below configured spread rate
      • When fertilizing with slurry (STAPEL) then spread rate is dependend to speed. I drive no more than 8 km/h. Here user @Bidi did some more tests and calculations.
      • Spread rate on Rauch Axis does not seem to have any dependency on driving speed at leat at v0.6.x
      • work width on Rauch Axis does not seem to have any dependency on spread rate.
      • You excel sheet is the same as the fertilizer calculator ingame with the big advantage that your excel sheet calculates the overall size of the field and what you need to fertilize. Ingame you do the same calculation as you did but then you need to calculate "outside" of the calculator what is the overall size of the field und multiply it.
      Good to have some english videos for people playing outside of germany.

Regards
      Nachtfalke
    • Thanks for the feedback and sorry my Missouri hillbilly is hard to understand. :D

Nachtfalke wrote:

You excel sheet is the same as the fertilizer calculator ingame with the big advantage that your excel sheet calculates the overall size of the field and what you need to fertilize. Ingame you do the same calculation as you did but then you need to calculate "outside" of the calculator what is the overall size of the field und multiply it.
      Where on the in game calulator does it show spread rate? Maybe I'm just using it wrong? I couldn't find a good tutorial on how the in game calculator is supposed to work.
    • Kerbo wrote:

Thanks for the feedback and sorry my Missouri hillbilly is hard to understand. :D

Nachtfalke wrote:

You excel sheet is the same as the fertilizer calculator ingame with the big advantage that your excel sheet calculates the overall size of the field and what you need to fertilize. Ingame you do the same calculation as you did but then you need to calculate "outside" of the calculator what is the overall size of the field und multiply it.
      Where on the in game calulator does it show spread rate? Maybe I'm just using it wrong? I couldn't find a good tutorial on how the in game calculator is supposed to work.

Hi,

on the right side of the yello vertical bar you define how much kg you want to get on your field. If you plant needs 150 kg N and you have 50 kg N on the field then you have to set 100 kg N on the right side.

Depending on what fertilizer you selected on the left side the spread rate is defined in the column called "Menge" in my screenshot.
      That's it. Now you know what you need to buy ("Menge") and what so set as spread rate.

Now the big advantage of your spreadsheet or big disadvantage of ingame calculator is that in the calculator it if for 1 ha.
      So if your field size ist 2.5 ha then you need to multiply "Menge" * 2.5ha. But be carefully. This amount is only what you need to buy. spread rate does not change - of course.

Regards
      Nachtfalke