Season Update 16 Oct 2019 v0.7.0

• Season Update 16 Oct 2019 v0.7.0

In this update we introduce the colorful autumn season optically, in addition there is a new steering aid system (FGS), extended machine functions and bug fixes.

Seasons: With the update v0.7 we added the seasons optically. The vegetation and all tree species have been reworked so that the leaves can change color and the trees can lose their color in autumn. We also connected the wind to the weather data. In the long run, the different cycles will influence the growth of the vegetation through temperature and frost, for example.

Driving assistance steering system: The new Field Guidance System will please all those who like to control their machines themselves. We have heard from many of you how difficult it is to find the right track on the field. The new FGS with its Parallel Track System not only shows you the correct lanes - configurable in width, position and angle - but also optionally lets you steer the vehicle independently to stay in the lane. You only have to accelerate or use the cruise control and turn around yourself. In short, you can now fade in changeable auxiliary lines on the ground and anchor the automatic steering to the center line. With the standard keys "P" and "O" you can call and activate the FGS. You can also change the keys in the options menu under Control. In the speedo display there are status icons in the blue area.

Engine: We were able to successfully update large parts of the basic framework of the engine. However, CNC is still based on a mixture of the C4 Engine and the Tombstone Engine 2.9.1. Unfortunately, we could not yet take over the improvement of the Tomstone Engine regarding the editor and are still working on it.

Field Sprayer: Another area where we got a lot of feedback from you was the slope compensation of the Dammann Land-Cruiser, presented at the end of August. We took your comments and ... "suggestions" ... to the chest and rebuilt the inclination adjustment from scratch. It now really adapts the alignment of the boom to the terrain. Together with the manual height adjustment and the new adjustment of the spread rate, you now have full control over the Land Cruisers. And there's also a smaller 3000L version that's easy on your virtual purse. In addition, a new hose channel system has been built, you can watch the Dammann at the rear if you change the height.

Another wish in your feedback was that you can connect and disconnect the machines via the radial menu. Every single attacher on a vehicle can now be controlled directly, and thus vehicles can be addressed directly. And in addition: every attachment can now even be connected and disconnected via CabControl. Just drive close enough, go to the attacher and click on the corresponding icon.

The Strautmann Verti-Mix and Hawe SLW 50T both received completely new morph fillmeshes, like the Joskin Delta-Cap and Strautmann Vitesse before. In addition there is a set of brand-new unloading particle systems.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

• NEW First steps in season changes
      • NEW The trees have been reworked so that they can change colour depending on the season and lose their leaves
      • NEW [MODDING] The new Season Setting can be set globally and per map, for regional differences in map modding
      • NEW The trees are now animated with the real wind data instead of having a generic repeating animation
      • NEW Field-Guidance-System Steering aid Driving assistant with auxiliary lines (FGS)
      • NEW You can create a helper task for filling the BGA
      • NEW Language translations can now be imported directly from CSV tables
      • NEW The Albergtal has been beautified in several places. Among other things the terrain shaders were revised and optimized
      • NEW In the Albergtal valley there are new decals on the buildings and advertising signs
      • NEW The Hawe SLW 50 now has new morph meshes and new particles
      • NEW The Strautmann Verti-Mix has new Morph-Meshes and new particles
      • NEW Dammann Land-Cruiser with new animations and slope compensation system
      • NEW Added message window in the start mission for the autopilot
      • NEW Added message window to explain how to fill the CornKing with maize seed and solid fertilizer tank for the sowing mission
      • NEW The engine now detects whether an Xbox One or Xbox 360 controller is connected and can display different layouts for the menu buttons
      • NEW There is a new attach and detach function via the radial menu
      • NEW There are new attach and detach functions which are accessible via CabControls
      • NEW The field menu can be opened by left-clicking on a field in the minimap
      • NEW There are new bale shelters in the Albergtal
      • NEW The materials of the vehicles were reworked so that the windows don't look so dark from the interior view
      • NEW The Hammer CornKing must be switched on before use
      • NEW The FillType at the slurry pumps is now preset and doesn't have to be extra are selected because there is only one FillType available
      • NEW Statistics on fertilizer costs in finances added
      • NEW [ MODDING] In the Script Editor, if you make a box selection with the Select Tool, also the section boxes behind the nodes are added to the selection
      • NEW The attacher can manage up to 4 tanks
      • NEW The editor now has a "Replace geometries with instances" for faster map building
      • NEW Flags can now be animated using the ClothController and the WeatherController passes on the wind data globally. Example at the gas station
      • NEW MissionCondition "transferFill" now also supports checks with machine tanks
      • NEW Large parts of the engine's basic structure are now based on Tombstone and no longer on C4
      • NEW The math libraries were SSE optimized
      • NEW CNC now uses the Visual Studio 2017 toolchain and also needs the VS2017 C++ redistributables (should already be guaranteed with Steam)
      • NEW The editors and plugins as well as the gamecode are now part of the .exe for better memory management

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

• BUG FIX BGA mission texts in English revised
      • BUG FIX Reputation "BGP" out of the Agrofields and replace it with "Harbour" so you can buy it again. Affected field numbers: 1, 2, 8, 9, 28, 29, 38, 39, 40
      • BUG FIX In the first feeding mission the farm silo 1 is now filled with 20.000 L chopped maize so that the Strautmann Verti-Mix can also be filled
      • BUG FIX Rauch Axis scattered animation no longer switched equal
      • BUG FIX Solid fertilizers have different colors in the tank and animation
      • BUG FIX Claas Jaguar has no false start content from 1.0L chopped maize any more
      • BUG FIX Animation acceleration/deceleration no longer depends on play rate
      • BUG FIX The AI no longer shifts to the manual gear shift of the vehicles, which sometimes occurred
      • BUG FIX Opening Instance File Picker no longer causes crashes in Editor
      • BUG FIX [MODDING] Deactivated collisions will no longer collide with other deactivated collisions

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

• CHANGE Start Mission revised, one stands now with the cooperative directly before the MB Trac and does not have to look for it no more. The parking position of the VertiMix has been adjusted
      • CHANGE Stapel mission revised, the stack barrel now stands behind the bull stable when the mission begins
      • CHANGE The Bale Mission has been revised. The Claas Tucano and the helper have been removed. Field 33 immediately has a swath which can be pressed with the quadrant
      • CHANGE The Zip file system has been changed. It now works like NTFS and ignores the case of filenames
      • CHANGE CNC Techdemo changed to Testmap

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

• NOTE The console command growth is a very helpful command, you can use it to influence the growth and fast forward the time, example 20 days: growth 20
      • NOTE Snow will follow later, for this all buildings and machines would still have to be reworked to cover them in an appropriate white dress
      • NOTE FGS will be further developed and supplemented by e.g. offset functions for ploughing and saving courses
      • NOTE The old savegames only work partially with the new engine conversion. You have all fields and vehicles but the mission progress will be reset
      • NOTE Savegame quests, if you have problems with a mission, you can skip the quest step with the skipCondition console command
      • NOTE If in your old savegames the teams are inappropriately connected, simply disconnect them and reconnect them again
      • NOTE The autopilot still has difficulties finding the new entrance at the dealer
      • NOTE Helpers buy in Rauch Axis and the Dammann Land-Cruiser no fertilizer after
      • NOTE The AI does not yet handle with the different working widths in the Rauch Axis and the Dammann Land Cruiser
      • NOTE Still no possibility to select fertiliser when creating tasks
      • NOTE The ejection animation at Claas Jaguar is always green
      • NOTE In the bale mission, the bale pressed by the quadrant is still green

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
    • This update is very good at least it allows me to review all the models again due to the changes in radial menu and particle mesh. The positive is that I also review your models to continue learning.

Only one question occurs to me after seeing the seasons and it is the following
      We need an update that includes the climates of each country since here in Spain the snow thing is no longer very normal and in Latin America less yet or as I think the seasons or the weather in general should be a condition of the map according to the region to which it is dedicated
    • i agree to disagree :)
      You are to eager to add new features and you skip the importan part of the GAME witch is driving the majority of time spend in game is in your tractor driving and now the driving mechanics is outdated, all this nice features means nothing if you drive a box with wheels.

Any way tis update is a progres
      IT JUST WORKS
    • XYZSPAIN wrote:

This update is very good at least it allows me to review all the models again due to the changes in radial menu and particle mesh. The positive is that I also review your models to continue learning.

Only one question occurs to me after seeing the seasons and it is the following
      We need an update that includes the climates of each country since here in Spain the snow thing is no longer very normal and in Latin America less yet or as I think the seasons or the weather in general should be a condition of the map according to the region to which it is dedicated
      This is already implemented. The world XML defines what weather data should be used.
      Cattle and Crops - Engine Guru
    • gheazu wrote:

i agree to disagree :)
      You are to eager to add new features and you skip the importan part of the GAME witch is driving the majority of time spend in game is in your tractor driving and now the driving mechanics is outdated, all this nice features means nothing if you drive a box with wheels.

For once we agree on something. Driving mechanics are absolutely essential, that's the biggest lack in competing Farm Sims.
    • gheazu wrote:

I can't believe I'm gonna say this.... But I actually agree.... IMO It's time the driving mechanics get an overhaul. I could go on about the pluses and minuses the driving has in its current state, but we all I'm sure we all agree it needs work and I can't help but feel like it's time!
      Nothin' Runs Like A Deere When It's Gettin' Chased By A Magnum

Display Spoiler

i7 6700k @4.6 ghz w/ 360mm AIO liquid cooler
      32gb Corsair Vengance 3200mhz
      2 Asus Strix GTX 1070's w/ HB Bridge
      Asus Maximus Hero VIII
      Corsair HX 850i
      256gb Samsung 960 Evo (Boot)
      512gb Samsung 860 Pro (Games and Programs)
      1tb WD Black (Recordings)
      2 2tb WD Red (Mass Storage & Back-ups)
      Asus Blu-Ray Burner
      Corsair 780T
      APC 1500VA UPS w/ additional battery
    • gheazu wrote:

Just because they added seasons doesn't mean they aren't also working on the driving mechanics. There are 2 year old videos of features we don't yet have in the public build (such as manual attaching) so bear in mind what we get is not necessarily all there is. I do agree though that having good driving mechanics is ESSENTIAL in a farming simulator.