What do you think of the tech demo?

• Morlex wrote:

So what do you guys think of the tech demo so far?
      I have only experienced few bugs and so far I enjoy it. I really like the dynamic soil textures, they look great. They still need some polishing, but I expect that will happen before final release.

off topic:

This made me laugh so hard "Vil du have tæsk i skolen, så kør' Ursus fra Polen." Never heard that one before :) Reminds me of my time as a truck driver when people always said: "DAF ud, blaf hjem" haha.
    • I spent about 2 hours with it, have some minor things like accelerating and breaking seems to sudden and cultivating seems to fast unless you have to control the speed yourself unlike Farming Sim where it will max out your speed for said implement . Also another bug if you turn off the tractor and turn it back on the dash board does not turn back on.

However minus the few glitches and knowing it in early development I am impressed especially with the almost full control on things in the cab
    • I think the elephant in the room is "can it compete directly with Farming Simulator?". Currently I'd have to say no, but we'll have to see and more and more updates come out. Obviously I don't think they're going to be able to get the quantity of vehicles or licensed brands that can match FS, but hopefully they'll keep evolving the game over time.
    • BradM73 wrote:

I think the elephant in the room is "can it compete directly with Farming Simulator?". Currently I'd have to say no, but we'll have to see and more and more updates come out. Obviously I don't think they're going to be able to get the quantity of vehicles or licensed brands that can match FS, but hopefully they'll keep evolving the game over time.
      It's a tech demo with a tractor and a cultivator, how should that even compare to FS atm? Look at the potential and this game is so much more than a large fleet of brands and machines. FS on the other hand is not. It also seems like modding is much easier in this game, which mean more quality mods. CnC will be a contestor to FS when the game is finished.
    • ChiloopaBatman wrote:

BradM73 wrote:

I think the elephant in the room is "can it compete directly with Farming Simulator?". Currently I'd have to say no, but we'll have to see and more and more updates come out. Obviously I don't think they're going to be able to get the quantity of vehicles or licensed brands that can match FS, but hopefully they'll keep evolving the game over time.
      It's a tech demo with a tractor and a cultivator, how should that even compare to FS atm? Look at the potential and this game is so much more than a large fleet of brands and machines. FS on the other hand is not. It also seems like modding is much easier in this game, which mean more quality mods. CnC will be a contestor to FS when the game is finished.
      Well, Agrar Sim, Professional Farmer and Farm Expert are (were) all contenders and were hoping to give FS a run for their money too. This really isn't any different. Don't get me wrong. I'm not trashing C&C. Not by a long shot. But it has a very long way to go before I feel it has serious potential to dethrone FS. Overall I like what I see for the most part. The tractor looks great. I think they could do a bit more work on the cultivator. The AI cars are a mixed bag of good and bad. And yes, I DO realize this is just a tech demo. I'm just giving my honest critique and overall impression of what we've gotten thus far. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how the game expands in the coming months. I think they're supposed to expand things further this month too, so we'll see how it goes.
    • Well, it's a tech demo. So there isn't much to tell how this title is going to pan out. I just hope this is just a teaser for us backers and that they are far way ahead then what this tech demo shows. Because if this is currently what they have so far worked on, then I'm afraid, it is going to be a looooooooong wait until we get some semblance of a feature rich alpha early access title. Maybe I'm wrong...I hope I am.!

I predict the finish product to be release in mid to late 2018 from what I can see.

Good luck MBB.
    • As mentioned a few times it's a tech demo, it still has a lot of bugs/glitches, like shaky vehicles, IC controls that don't work properly but when those errors are fixed and we get more vehicles and task to perform it will be a very very tough competitor to CnC.

Someone mentioned Agrar, prof farmer and farm expert. They all had the potential but all failed, agrar failed because the publishers wanted instant money rather than a viable franchise, the other just lacked proper devs.

Here we have some devs that knows what they are doing(when it comes to coding, modelling etc) and who doesn't have to answer to some greedy publishers but instead are solely reliant on their own bank accounts and costumers buying their product.

But this topic was and is about wether we like the tech demo, and I do like it and I'm looking forwards to more updates and most importantly off all v.0.1.0

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • nestoche wrote:

Well, it's a tech demo. So there isn't much to tell how this title is going to pan out. I just hope this is just a teaser for us backers and that they are far way ahead then what this tech demo shows. Because if this is currently what they have so far worked on, then I'm afraid, it is going to be a looooooooong wait until we get some semblance of a feature rich alpha early access title. Maybe I'm wrong...I hope I am.!

I predict the finish product to be release in mid to late 2018 from what I can see.

Good luck MBB.
      I totally agree with you here mate! It looks like we are still gonna wait quite a time till EA is out and playable.
    • Forgot to add to my previous statement that a tech demo is something you throw together by taking elements from the core and throwing them into a small demo this usually means that stuff gets "ripped" apart meaning some bugs could easily just be caused by the fact that they missing the rest of the game file data.

A tech demo is there to show us what we can expect from the very RAW and ROUGH core gameplay and should never be seen as representive of the actual final product or in this case "final" EA aka v.0.1.0

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • Jeytav wrote:

Forgot to add to my previous statement that a tech demo is something you throw together by taking elements from the core and throwing them into a small demo this usually means that stuff gets "ripped" apart meaning some bugs could easily just be caused by the fact that they missing the rest of the game file data.

A tech demo is there to show us what we can expect from the very RAW and ROUGH core gameplay and should never be seen as representive of the actual final product or in this case "final" EA aka v.0.1.0
      Excatly, that's why it's utterly pointless to compare with FS at the moment. That comparison is only relevant when we have the finished game. When I started out playing FS back with FS 2009, it was quite the bugfest and with that in mind, this game is very far already.
    • jpglazar wrote:

I spent about 2 hours with it, have some minor things like accelerating and breaking seems to sudden and cultivating seems to fast unless you have to control the speed yourself unlike Farming Sim where it will max out your speed for said implement . Also another bug if you turn off the tractor and turn it back on the dash board does not turn back on.

However minus the few glitches and knowing it in early development I am impressed especially with the almost full control on things in the cab
      If you press "T" it will give you the cruise control which you can tap up and down to set speed for working.
    • Its a good first view of the direction they are taking. The launcher works, I only had one issue when I tried to maximize the window, bug report on that has been send to the server. No other issues so far, so the tech works. :)

Gameplay wise, I understand this is not even an alpha yet, but I am enjoying this first look. I tried cultivating field 11, the one with the puddles. I had to abandon that try as i got stuck in the mud. :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sardag: Added some extra thoughts ().

• Taco29 wrote:

@mmmBetty I think if they were able to publish a game in a much better state they would have done so.
      In my opinion I highly doubt it. Why would they release a version that is pretty much EA early when they are going to release EA at the end of June (maybe).

Could you explain your logic as to why you think they would do that?

All I am saying is this tech demo is meant to be a test for the Servers, launcher client, and to also check for any major game breaking bugs such as being unable to load the game.

At this point I honestly think they should have just done a launcher with a test download file as it seems the community is struggling to understand what the tech demo is all about.

It's not a technology demo. It's a technical demo. There's a difference.

• mmmBetty wrote:

Taco29 wrote:

@mmmBetty I think if they were able to publish a game in a much better state they would have done so.
      In my opinion I highly doubt it. Why would they release a version that is pretty much EA early when they are going to release EA at the end of June (maybe).
      Could you explain your logic as to why you think they would do that?

All I am saying is this tech demo is meant to be a test for the Servers, launcher client, and to also check for any major game breaking bugs such as being unable to load the game.

At this point I honestly think they should have just done a launcher with a test download file as it seems the community is struggling to understand what the tech demo is all about.

It's not a technology demo. It's a technical demo. There's a difference.
      In my line of work tech demo is short for technology demonstration. And why would they throw together a seperate build when they just could take some assets of the current build and release it as a demo?
    • I accept that people are always going to judge something based on what they are given. I respect their opinions on the matter although I disagree with giving a review on something that is clearly not meant to be anywhere near an Early Access release.

I've made my point already regarding the tech demo and what it is for. But to answer your question regarding the taking of assets from the current build I think that's what they have done to some degree. It's either that or the build they have given in the tech demo is an old build.

I'm just trying to be reasonable in my comments regarding the tech demo and trying to explain my thoughts on why people shouldn't be so quick to judge the game based on this tech demo, as many in the community have.

This is not EA and yes EA does cover a very broad spectrum of quality but I believe they are much further ahead of where this tech demo reveals. Their videos suggest that and also the roadmap suggests that. Most things in the game are limited and if they did just take assets from the EA version and make a tech demo then of course it is probably going to be broken.

I think I've said pretty much all I have to say now.. feel free to ask more questions on my thoughts. I'm happy to chat.

• Taco29 wrote:

I don't think their goal on the 9th of june was to release EA at all... they wanted to test their server's capability to sustain multiple users at time (download, logging, etc)... more like a stress test.. because they are fairly new and they have no idea how it would suffer a good amount of players willing to download all at same time.. Tech demo sounded more like a kind of gift to thanks us for our patience and support... and.. probably to see if any major bug was happenning preventing most of us to play.. so far, not much big deals to be seen which mean if they release an EA by end of months, it's pretty obvious that most all backers will be able to download and play it fairly well (considering it's in EA indeed).

The youtube videos were really looking like the ingame we had chance to try.. So I believe that all features they shown in those videos are probably ready or pretty close to be ready.
    • Overall I think they did a pretty good job. No major bugs or glitches that would prevent me from playing. Graphics are quite impressive and the physics aren't bad either. Cultivating speed is a little too fast though even on hardcore and tires should't leave so deep marks on compact soil. Love the dark night but I think lights should give us a little more light. 10 lights in front and it all looks kinda hazy.

Considering its only a tech demo I give it 9/10... :thumbsup:
    • My brutally honest opinion: it feels like a laggy version of FS17 with dynamic soil. I do like the dynamic soil, and I hope they expand upon it, but it's not what I expected. The physics are just as laughable as FS17. I do not forsee the official start of the EA until end of summer. I realize this is only a techdemo, but they shouldn't release a techdemo if there is none of their promised tech to see. The only thing I've gathered from playing the demo just confirmed what I already new: CnC has a long way to go before it has a chance at competing with FS.
    • I quite like it

Ir-track/ free track support needed for camera.
      Pedal settings are quite confusing for me, i need brakes :)
      what gear a was again. (at this moment i am so lost whit weel and pedal settings)

Suprasingly raedy, remembering that this is a demo.

Few years and we can talk simulator game, so there is a lot to do, when game aiming to be sim.
      Logitech G29 and sidepanel.
      I am from Finland and my english is quite rusty, My grammar can be way off but bare whith me.

pc:
      MAXIMUS IX HERO
      i7-7700K, 4.2GHz
      G.Skill 64GB (4 x 16GB) Ripjaws V, DDR4
      Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 A OC
      SSD main: Intel 256GB 600p series M.2 SSD *2 in raid0
      SSD storage:Toshiba 480GB Q300 SSD-levy, 2.5", SATA III, 550/520 MB/s

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hoke ().

• I'd like to know, why some of you are rating this tech demo like a full game :whistling: . It hasn't finished yet. I also agree with Jeytav's statement, that this demo is just reduced part of the game, with obviously missing game files. In my opinion, the main goal of this was the test of servers and downoloading abilities and some info for devs how it works on different PC sets etc and show some bugs etc.

Next thing, if someone continuosly watches the roadmap, he would see that many features (IR track, full support of controlers - wheels, joysticks) will be done in later phases (milestones 2-4).

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit
    • So far I like what I see - I can't wait to see it once it has been put together all the way. It reminds me of a cross between FS 17 and Farm Expert 2017 in all the good ways. I know a lot of people bash and hate of Farm Expert, but after logging some serious time with FE 2017, it actually has grown on me quite a bit, as I find it has so many features that FS 17 just missed completely. I am hoping C and C will bridge that gap between the games.
    • I like the techdemo so far, but they really have to improve performance in my opinion. I know its a tech demo, but it's a base for the main game. I know i don't have the best pc, but i think if you want enough customers (so developpers can make a living) medium class pc's should run this game too. When i watch the minimum requirements in FAQ, then you should think i can run this game. The fps has to double for me, not sure if that is something easy to achieve? ?( I don't think so. I can't find really what is so heavy to run, (like in fs you sometimes see on the farm, your fps goes low because of all that objects and textures)
      It should be great if they fix the tire color, if everyone start complaining about it they will do :P I never saw grey tires in real live.
      I like the weather so far, (rain, sunny morning and evening) and the helper who drives to the field himself.
    • 20mmNormandy wrote:

I like the techdemo so far, but they really have to improve performance in my opinion. I know its a tech demo, but it's a base for the main game. I know i don't have the best pc, but i think if you want enough customers (so developpers can make a living) medium class pc's should run this game too. When i watch the minimum requirements in FAQ, then you should think i can run this game. The fps has to double for me, not sure if that is something easy to achieve? ?( I don't think so. I can't find really what is so heavy to run, (like in fs you sometimes see on the farm, your fps goes low because of all that objects and textures)
      It should be great if they fix the tire color, if everyone start complaining about it they will do :P I never saw grey tires in real live.
      I like the weather so far, (rain, sunny morning and evening) and the helper who drives to the field himself.
      For low fps there is only a problem: the game use only one core of cpu at 20-30% of load
    • For my part, I'm relieved the tech demo works so well. Frankly I'm wishing I could do more, am anxious for the next (first?) milestone release.

The launcher, OTOH, is a bit...clunky. Took me a little while to get used to it. For instance, you don't have to login to launch if you've done so previously, but there isn't any obvious indication that you're already logged in. I guess they'll improve the launcher later...
      I like farm sims so much I moved to REAL farm country...