Servertest

• Koala wrote:

Vorrrace wrote:

Koala wrote:

Okay, you have got to be kidding. I have backed this project in the hope that for once Linux users wouldn't be second class but rather equal to Windows users. How is this going to continue? Will Linux users have to wait for new versions even when Windows users can already play them? Will Linux support always be a lower priority than support for Windows?

Okay, if it were a day that we'd have to wait, I'd be okay. We've been waiting for a while now with no indication that Windows would be the sole platform to receive this first version that I have been looking for all this time. But now you're telling me that it will be released "later". Seriously? Not even the roughest of ETAs? You're just going to give us "later" to go on?

I'm going to have to wonder how well the game is ever going to run on Linux as well. Obviously, the size of the part of the development team is much smaller than that which is concerned with Windows. There is no reason to assume that there will be significantly less bugs and other problems on Linux than on Windows, yet there don't seem to be close to as many resources allotted to Linux development.

This is incredibly disappointing. You may have made me angry, but most of all you have utterly disappointed my expectations in you.
      They cannot develop many platforms at once with such a small team. Unfortunately, as a Linux user, you know better than anyone that you'll never be priority because majority of people use Windows. Don't want to sound mean but... the only person you should be angry at is yourself.
      There wouldn't be any problem if the fact that the portion of the development team that indeed is capable of Linux support and the fact that Windows would be prioritized would have been disclosed right from the moment it was apparent. There is no reason I should be angry at myself for believing in a team of developers that set out to best the currently leading game on farming simulation when one of the features they're going to beat it with is Linux support.
      Once again: If you disclose information that is detrimental for your backers -- your supporters, the people who invested their money in you -- as soon as it is apparent, you did all you could and you're fine. Leave your supporters in the dark and you messed up.
      Same request here. What does "later" means ?
      I have 2 options Linux 64bits or Windows 32bits using wine (works for Farming Simulator). None available today.
      I really hope it will be possible very soon. I'm pretty sure Linux setup is interesting for testing a game development.
    • Koala wrote:

Vorrrace wrote:

Koala wrote:

Okay, you have got to be kidding. I have backed this project in the hope that for once Linux users wouldn't be second class but rather equal to Windows users. How is this going to continue? Will Linux users have to wait for new versions even when Windows users can already play them? Will Linux support always be a lower priority than support for Windows?

Okay, if it were a day that we'd have to wait, I'd be okay. We've been waiting for a while now with no indication that Windows would be the sole platform to receive this first version that I have been looking for all this time. But now you're telling me that it will be released "later". Seriously? Not even the roughest of ETAs? You're just going to give us "later" to go on?

I'm going to have to wonder how well the game is ever going to run on Linux as well. Obviously, the size of the part of the development team is much smaller than that which is concerned with Windows. There is no reason to assume that there will be significantly less bugs and other problems on Linux than on Windows, yet there don't seem to be close to as many resources allotted to Linux development.

This is incredibly disappointing. You may have made me angry, but most of all you have utterly disappointed my expectations in you.
      They cannot develop many platforms at once with such a small team. Unfortunately, as a Linux user, you know better than anyone that you'll never be priority because majority of people use Windows. Don't want to sound mean but... the only person you should be angry at is yourself.
      There wouldn't be any problem if the fact that the portion of the development team that indeed is capable of Linux support and the fact that Windows would be prioritized would have been disclosed right from the moment it was apparent. There is no reason I should be angry at myself for believing in a team of developers that set out to best the currently leading game on farming simulation when one of the features they're going to beat it with is Linux support.
      Once again: If you disclose information that is detrimental for your backers -- your supporters, the people who invested their money in you -- as soon as it is apparent, you did all you could and you're fine. Leave your supporters in the dark and you messed up.
      Was it stated clearly somewhere that both version would be released exactly at once? If yes, show me? If not, then "expecting it" was a mistake from you.
      I mean, you should be happy that they even care about Linux. Most of devs those days won't even pay attention to a platform that is almost used by no one... especially when it comes to gaming... Making games take time and people... it's not easy nor free.. they have to start somewhere.. Windows is by far the best thing to do first because almost everyone is on Windows. on 10'000 backers, maybe 10 are on Linux...
    • test not good at this time ...

config

dual xeon e5-2670v1 2.6ghz low and turbo 3ghz on all cores (16) 3.3ghz on 2 cores per cpu (4)
      32gb ram
      980gtx 4gb
      ssd 500gb
      lasted nvidia driver 382.53

game settings to minimum

multi screen setup with 5 screens (only 1 to play the other to display other programs)..and (tested with all other screen deactivated)

with my other screen activated when i scroll with the mouse wheel to change zoom in the game my other screen with google chrome (for example) scroll up and down (some times on the screen 2 3 4 or 5 assuming 1 is the game screen)

result maybe 5 or 10 fps max 15
    • Vorrrace wrote:

Koala wrote:

Vorrrace wrote:

Koala wrote:

There wouldn't be any problem if the fact that the portion of the development team that indeed is capable of Linux support and the fact that Windows would be prioritized would have been disclosed right from the moment it was apparent. There is no reason I should be angry at myself for believing in a team of developers that set out to best the currently leading game on farming simulation when one of the features they're going to beat it with is Linux support.Once again: If you disclose information that is detrimental for your backers -- your supporters, the people who invested their money in you -- as soon as it is apparent, you did all you could and you're fine. Leave your supporters in the dark and you messed up.
      Was it stated clearly somewhere that both version would be released exactly at once? If yes, show me? If not, then "expecting it" was a mistake from you.I mean, you should be happy that they even care about Linux. Most of devs those days won't even pay attention to a platform that is almost used by no one... especially when it comes to gaming... Making games take time and people... it's not easy nor free.. they have to start somewhere.. Windows is by far the best thing to do first because almost everyone is on Windows. on 10'000 backers, maybe 10 are on Linux...
      First off: please try and refrain from made up statistics that are very likely nowhere near reality. I don't have patience for polemics.

Secondly, imagine this: A movie is set to release worldwide. You buy your tickets, knowing that the release date will not be definite for a while, but you're okay with it. Then, you receive the news that the movie will be released a little over a week later. Just that news. You plan ahead so you can watch the movie and look forward to it even more.
      The day arrives, you wait all day to get home and finally head to the cinema, and when you arrive, the cashier tells you: Nah, the movie has only been released in the rest of the world. You can view it later.
      Tell me that you'd be angry at yourself. And if you do, please don't expect an answer from me since I will not continue a discussion with another party that has departed from reality.
    • Denut wrote:

test not good at this time ...

config

dual xeon e5-2670v1 2.6ghz low and turbo 3ghz on all cores (16) 3.3ghz on 2 cores per cpu (4)
      32gb ram
      980gtx 4gb
      ssd 500gb
      lasted nvidia driver 382.53

game settings to minimum

multi screen setup with 5 screens (only 1 to play the other to display other programs)..and (tested with all other screen deactivated)

with my other screen activated when i scroll with the mouse wheel to change zoom in the game my other screen with google chrome (for example) scroll up and down (some times on the screen 2 3 4 or 5 assuming 1 is the game screen)

result maybe 5 or 10 fps max 15
      Optimization issues for sure.. My computer is by far more shitty than yours and I run everything at max settings without lag. It's good you share your specs, will help devs I bet.
    • Koala wrote:

Vorrrace wrote:

Koala wrote:

Vorrrace wrote:

Koala wrote:

There wouldn't be any problem if the fact that the portion of the development team that indeed is capable of Linux support and the fact that Windows would be prioritized would have been disclosed right from the moment it was apparent. There is no reason I should be angry at myself for believing in a team of developers that set out to best the currently leading game on farming simulation when one of the features they're going to beat it with is Linux support.Once again: If you disclose information that is detrimental for your backers -- your supporters, the people who invested their money in you -- as soon as it is apparent, you did all you could and you're fine. Leave your supporters in the dark and you messed up.
      Was it stated clearly somewhere that both version would be released exactly at once? If yes, show me? If not, then "expecting it" was a mistake from you.I mean, you should be happy that they even care about Linux. Most of devs those days won't even pay attention to a platform that is almost used by no one... especially when it comes to gaming... Making games take time and people... it's not easy nor free.. they have to start somewhere.. Windows is by far the best thing to do first because almost everyone is on Windows. on 10'000 backers, maybe 10 are on Linux...
      First off: please try and refrain from made up statistics that are very likely nowhere near reality. I don't have patience for polemics.
      Secondly, imagine this: A movie is set to release worldwide. You buy your tickets, knowing that the release date will not be definite for a while, but you're okay with it. Then, you receive the news that the movie will be released a little over a week later. Just that news. You plan ahead so you can watch the movie and look forward to it even more.
      The day arrives, you wait all day to get home and finally head to the cinema, and when you arrive, the cashier tells you: Nah, the movie has only been released in the rest of the world. You can view it later.
      Tell me that you'd be angry at yourself. And if you do, please don't expect an answer from me since I will not continue a discussion with another party that has departed from reality.
      Your comparision looks more like an area restriction. Before I was living in Europe and we had everything late compared to America. Were we disapointed because they saw all movies before us? Well no. Because we knew it would be like this. It's the same with Linux. You are using one of the most underused platform ever. You cannot expect it to be their priority. If I was you right now, I would be a little bit disapointed yes but I would have expected it too. I also leaned to not have expectations so I never get disapointed. And it always will be like this until Linux becomes the #1 OS in the market (which is not about to happen unfortunately).
    • Well, the good news is i had it working for a while!
      Then I tried tweaking graphics settings some, game crashed.
      Trying re-install now.

On a positive note, I did have it running at 3440x 1440 full screen.
      After some messing about with control settings, i got my wheel and pedals to work.
      In game control configure.. yay!
      Looked really good, same as a few others though, poor fps, and less than full gpu utilization.
      If I can get the crash/bug reporter to work without crashing, I'll do that......

If I get it running again I'll get task manager up etc, and see what I can see about cpu/ram use etc.

As per others, Avast doesn't like the installer. Disable file scan, hit the launcher installer, and got past that. Re-enable Avast, game ran as expected.
      R5 3900x / Crosshair 6 Hero / 32 GB Gskill FlareX 3200 / Vega 64 LC/ Samsung 960 Evo NVMe
      M.2 500GB / Samsung 840 Evo Sata 6 500Gb / 1TB WD Blue / Thermaltake 360mm AIO
      / Corsair HX 850w / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / Win10 Home 64 bit / LG 34UM88C 3440 x 1440 21 x 9 monitor.
    • Enjoy the demo and got few issue this class acelerate like a hell, and stop like a bolid, got some graphic issue when looking on bush thru shadow i see somethind under ground, like a shade of plants. when make donuts on field with full speed not always track marks show on and can't finish cultivation even if whole field was properly cultivated. Still very nice job, i go torture this game dome more XD
    • I am running all amd and not able to get higher than 15-20 fps. just wondering if anybody else is having issues with framerates. maybe ill try installing game on hdd and see if my ssd is the problem.

Ryzen 7 1700
      RX480
      16gb ram
      120gb ssd
      2tb hdd
      UserBenchmarks: Game 93%, Desk 73%, Work 82%
      CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - 75.2%
      GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 - 104.2%
      SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB - 64.8%
      HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2016) - 106.1%
      RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 2133 C15 2x8GB - 77.7%
      MBD: MSI A320M GAMING PRO (MS-7A39)
      :thumbsup:
    • jpglazar wrote:

showgunn84 wrote:

I am running all amd and not able to get higher than 15-20 fps. just wondering if anybody else is having issues with framerates. maybe ill try installing game on hdd and see if my ssd is the problem.

Ryzen 7 1700
      RX480
      16gb ram
      120gb ssd
      2tb hdd
      Did you try to reduce the settings. Since they game is not fully optimized that could be the problem
      Tried messing with the settings, but didn't really seem to make a difference. Also tried different resolutions that my monitor supports and still had bad performance. I'm installing on my other amd fx8350 + rx 460 build to see if I get the same or better performance
    • showgunn84 wrote:

jpglazar wrote:

showgunn84 wrote:

I am running all amd and not able to get higher than 15-20 fps. just wondering if anybody else is having issues with framerates. maybe ill try installing game on hdd and see if my ssd is the problem.

Ryzen 7 1700
      RX480
      16gb ram
      120gb ssd
      2tb hdd
      Did you try to reduce the settings. Since they game is not fully optimized that could be the problem
      Tried messing with the settings, but didn't really seem to make a difference. Also tried different resolutions that my monitor supports and still had bad performance. I'm installing on my other amd fx8350 + rx 460 build to see if I get the same or better performance
      Cool also not sure are you using the latest graphics drivers. Hope the game works on your other build
    • jpglazar wrote:

showgunn84 wrote:

jpglazar wrote:

showgunn84 wrote:

Ryzen 7 1700
      RX480
      16gb ram
      120gb ssd
      2tb hdd
      Cool also not sure are you using the latest graphics drivers. Hope the game works on your other build
      just got done messing around with it on fx 8350 build, had to have all settings as low as they could go or off in order to get above 20fps and boy does it look ugly, not sure what the issue is and graphics drivers are up to date with latest. But they do have a lot of optimization left to do so ill waite to play again till they release an update and see if that makes any difference.
    • showgunn84 wrote:

jpglazar wrote:

showgunn84 wrote:

jpglazar wrote:

showgunn84 wrote:

Ryzen 7 1700
      RX480
      16gb ram
      120gb ssd
      2tb hdd
      just got done messing around with it on fx 8350 build, had to have all settings as low as they could go or off in order to get above 20fps and boy does it look ugly, not sure what the issue is and graphics drivers are up to date with latest. But they do have a lot of optimization left to do so ill waite to play again till they release an update and see if that makes any difference.
      Yeah they have lots of work, i think it best you wait since your video card might currenly be the issue. Also could be many different issue and really hard to track down. Hope you can enjoy the game I have a kind of older computer and it runs OK but not perfect since i do encounter some hicups

I have I7 3770 with 32 GB Ram and Geforce 1070 but I do have faith they will fix the issues
    • jpglazar wrote:

showgunn84 wrote:

jpglazar wrote:

showgunn84 wrote:

jpglazar wrote:

showgunn84 wrote:

Ryzen 7 1700
      RX480
      16gb ram
      120gb ssd
      2tb hdd
      Yeah they have lots of work, i think it best you wait since your video card might currenly be the issue. Also could be many different issue and really hard to track down. Hope you can enjoy the game I have a kind of older computer and it runs OK but not perfect since i do encounter some hicups
      I have I7 3770 with 32 GB Ram and Geforce 1070 but I do have faith they will fix the issues
      Seems to me there might be an issue somewhere near the farm by all the buildings and trees. when I'm at the test area on the map Its butter smooth, but as soon as I look towards the farm I get an instant fps drop on both systems with stock video settings
    • Dummy alert! Here goes, I would say on the whole, my game is running 90% in terms of performance, it seems as though it needs some fine tuning but I'm not sure which settings to change to enhance this, my biggest example of the issues are, when I interact with the mouse i.e. On main menu it's quite laggy? It seems about 1-2 seconds behind real time movement? This can be said for when roaming around the map as well (turning/driving movements in vechile or walking) it seems a bit juddery. Can someone point me in the right direction as to which ones I could try editing?

Edit

Second thoughts, I've adjusted all the settings to the lowest they could all go, which did improve it slightly but it's still noticeable. So maybe it's something within the game.

I've noticed one or two slight issues/bugs how do we report these?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Paul91 ().

• So as I've found out, CnC favors NVidia cards over AMD cards, I get over 40fps on my GTX 1070 over 15-20 fps on my RX480. Think they need to find a way to make the engine run better for the other AMD users.