The Controller Update: v0.5.0

• The Controller Update: v0.5.0

With today's v0.5.0 update we have made extensive changes to the gamepad controls, introduced a new radial menu system, upgraded to PhysX 4.0 and fixed several bugs.

The radial menu is a new control concept which was actually developed for the controller support, but is also easy to use with keyboard and mouse. We wanted to make sure the user has full and fast access to the numerous vehicle functions and that you don't have to remember too many key combinations. The previous UserAction menu on the right side has been switched off by default with this update, but can be reactivated via the options if required.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Controller Support & Operation
      The game can now be started and played using the Steam Big Picture mode. With our new control concept, we wanted to avoid long iterations through list menus. By pressing the left controller stick you get a mouse pointer emulation, where the controller the keys (A, X and Y) are equivalent to the (left, right and middle) keys of the mouse.

Instead of simply offering a few fixed choices for the controller support, we designed the system as flexible as possible, so you can assign the controls as you use the UI to a joystick, steering wheel or any DirectInput device. Go to the options / controls, and use the new input profile “Radial menu” to adjust the controls.

If you click the left stick (keyboard CTRL) ingame, you’ll activate the known UI interaction mode. This way you can also control the cab controls in the vehicles.

The radial menu can be opened and closed by pressing the right controller stick or the middle mouse button. If the stick is moved in one direction and the A button is clicked, the user action is executed. Moving the right stick while holding shoulder button RB you can execute Relative Changes, e.g. open a door only halfway.

You can switch between all attached machines using Dpad right or left, or keyboard Q and E in the open radial menu. With Dpad up/down or using the mouse wheel, you can switch through the rings in the radial menu, giving you access to all UserAction groups.

Using the QuickSlot Favorites function you can assign certain functions to key combinations, so you can quickly use a UserAction without having to open the radial menu. To do so, open the radial menu with the controller and press Y (or F on the keyboard), then you can assign the selected action to a QuickSlot. By using the controller you can simply hold it with LB and/or RB + A, B, X or Y and confirm with A. You can choose a total of 10 individual assignments. The QuickSlots can also be overwritten with another UserAction. Favorites can still be assigned with the keyboard as before, 1 to 0, and controlled with keyboard and mouse. These user-defined assignments are saved per vehicle.

Controllers/joysticks/steering wheels can now be plugged in and out while the game is running (hot plugging).

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

PhysX
      With the introduction of PhysX 4, there will be a major change in the game, giving it a more realistic feel, while vehicles and attachments are now feel heavier. The optimizations of the PhysX 4 engine are not yet completely finished and there will be more optimizations in the course of development.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Options: Difficulty
      We have added a new difficulty tab In the options menu. All options that affect the realism and difficulty while playing CNC will be collected here in the future. There are three presets and a custom level where you can adjust individual functions as you wish. For each function you'll get a boost - depending on the difficulty - that rewards you with additional XP the more realistic you play. For example, if you have selected the highest level of difficulty, you will also have to turn on the engine and cannot simply drive off by pressing the throttle pedal.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Helper AI
      We have adapted the helper mode for the Claas Disco cutterbar, so you can now mow a meadow using the AI. The helper AI has been reworked in more places and some problems with the driver and the known crashes have been fixed.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Units
      After many requests we have separated the units (metric vs. imperial) and currency from the language. So you can use metric units with english language or imperial units with german language.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Changelog
      • NEW Game completely controllable via controller (XInput API)
      • NEW Detection of controllers while game is running (hot plugging)
      • NEW UserAction radial menu for controlling vehicle functions
      • NEW PhysX 4.0 Upgrade
      • NEW Tab in the options menu for difficulty level settings
      • NEW Steam Big-Picture mode support
      • NEW Helper mode for Disco 2750: lateral offset
      • NEW Separation of units and languages from each other
      • NEW Console commands spawnBale, listTanks, addFillToTank
      • NEW Controller "Joint", with the method InterpolateJointLimit
      • NEW Script methods: GetEmittingAvgWetnessUpper, GetEmittingAvgWetnessLower, GetEmittingAvgWetness and GetEmittingAvgRottenFactor n the Cutting Controller
      • NEW Script method: Get Joint Linear Limit

• CHANGE Fullscreen and Full HD are used by default when starting CNC for the first time
      • CHANGE The default volume has been increased
      • CHANGE New control key graphics for keyboard, mouse and gamepad
      • CHANGE CabControls no longer have to be clicked exactly but can be approximated
      • CHANGE Albergtal and Techdemo mission texts revised
      • CHANGE Redesign of the loading and unloading window
      • CHANGE UserAction menu on the right can only be activated via option
      • CHANGE Standard key assignment has been updated and changed
      • CHANGE G key for shifting between manual and automatic gears has been replaced by an option
      • CHANGE Help menu is now opened with key F2
      • CHANGE Optimization of UserAction-Infos (descriptions, icons)
      • CHANGE Claas Tucano 570: display of chopped material/swath delivery system improved
      • CHANGE Claas Quadrant: driving dust now synched on dirt level
      • CHANGE Script Editor: All steps of a script are now executed immediately in one frame, if the script has no waiting methods or loops.

• BUG FIX Small helper (AI) improvements, e.g. in harvest mode with several drivers
      • BUG FIX Fixed several crashes while using the AI
      • BUG FIX Front loader center of gravity fixed
      • BUG FIX Helpers unload again in the silo
      • BUG FIX Unloading only possible in the areas provided for this purpose
      • BUG FIX Claas Vario 930 no longer dirty from the start

The mentioned areas are still under development, will be extended and optimized thanks to your feedback.

• NOTE There is now a versioning of the input configuration. If users have old input settings then the settings will automatically be changed to the new default settings and you may need to reassign your previously changed keys
      • NOTE PhysX 4 will be further optimized (handling, three-point, turntable...).
      • NOTE We support the controller control under Windows only via the XInput API like most games. That means: you should use an Xbox One, Xbox 360 or compatible controller. There is a XInput wrapper for the PlayStation 4 controller, which we currently can't officially support, though.
      • NOTE If there are problems with the controls with old player profiles, e.g. keys don't work as usual and can't be changed, please restore the default settings in the settings menu.
      • NOTE The KeyBindings window (F2) has not yet been adapted to the controller control and will be revised accordingly.
      • So look how many changes You have in Farming Simulator after many years. Graphics which look like for kids with that brightness. You have to be patient. MBB made bigger progress than Giants in whole Farming Simulator series. Just look at 2008 and 19, only changes in graphics which still looks so bad and new machines, for me its not enough after those years.
    • The elements of a game within the EA to be developed and improved again and again is nevertheless quite normal and good!
      The controller control worked from the beginning, it has now been perfected.

You shouldn't be so selfish and believe that just because you are a keyboard or steering wheel player, the controller doesn't have to be developed further!

Of course, this update is not absolutely important for everyone, but for the game and the general public very much!
      Please don't just think about yourself, but also about the controller players, for them the update is a milestone!
      AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 32GB DDR4 3800Mhz, Gigabyte X570 Elite, AMD Radeon RX 6900XT, BeQuiet! Straight Power 850W, BeQuiet! Pure Base 500DX weiß, 3x 27" Dell WQHD Monitore, Saitek Seitenkons., CSL DD, HP Reverb G2
    • At the Moment it may dont look like a big jump in progress, but when I think about What the other Simulator woud Do.
      Giant woudnt change such a big thing in the middle of a short timeline.
      MBB always Try to Listen to the Community, to change the physiks and the controller may looks for people who whaiting
      for other things, like a big time waste, but you shoudnt forget, that not much developer woud change such a big thing
      just for some people that allready payed for the game, MBB still want to build a Game to be proud on it, at the moment
      I think no other Developer woud do such a money eating way, but they alway want to do it the best possible way,
      sure they coud bring the game on the fastest way to an end, and realese it, than like others work on a halfready game
      for years. When you think about the Working time thats already spent in this game the price they want is much to cheap,
      think about the big special ones The dynamik ground, the water that stays on the field, the 3D driveways, Softmoving machines,
      the folowing seedlines, the sky, the grafik and much much more, when ich think about the 2D fields in LS I dont want to get back to them.
      just when i think about the mony what giant made, with all the Titles, with that much workers, i have no idea why they never made more progress,
      in "real" farming, I think it was the 2017LS Big an realistic Trailer, that gives me hope for a short time, but left me with a big disapiontment.
      At the moment there ist nothing for me to compare with C&C and MBB. I think no one coud say "they just want to make money"
      they woudnt go this way if they want to do it. :)
    • I've only played a little bit of this update so far but overall good impressions.

I had quit playing my current save game because of crashing. The game would consistently crash if I created an AI task to harvest my big field (#3) and also randomly crash doing other things. With the new update the AI task on field 3 completed fine with no crashes, and I only had to intervene once when the Jaguar got stuck on one of the helper tractors.

The measured frame rate is a bit lower (30-50 vs 40-60) but the game feels so much smoother for some reason.

I like the cleaner look of the UI. The radial menu takes some getting used to but is fairly intuitive after a while.

Great update team, can't wait to see what the next few months hold.
    • It is a step froward and need to be commented.
      Still im disappointed that for a PC only next gen simulator you chose to add controllers support (we pc players hate controllers by default) I look froward when this game will have steering well support like a proper simulator not like a kid game. Any way me and other w8 for that Next gen simulator till now there is nothing next gen :)
      IT JUST WORKS
    • gheazu wrote:

It is a step froward and need to be commented.
      Still im disappointed that for a PC only next gen simulator you chose to add controllers support (we pc players hate controllers by default) I look froward when this game will have steering well support like a proper simulator not like a kid game. Any way me and other w8 for that Next gen simulator till now there is nothing next gen :)
      You are absolutely right!
      Lenkrad und CaC - Geht halt nicht bei jedem.
      Kritische Geister befördern ein Projekt.
      Mods handeln nach Couleur!
    • Devs made a great leap since the begining till now. They deserve big thanks and admire. I like the update. As mentioned above, its about getting used to radial menu.
      Even if I played new update for just a moment, I must say, there's a big advance in physX, at least its my opinion.

E.g. when I was seeding with Revo's MF seeder and Arion in last update.,Arion slided like on ice. And it seemed Arion is unable to pull this quite light seeder.
      Now, in current update, I continued seeding and behaviour of tractor was pretty different. Arion sit like glued and all has been perfect as it should have been.

Another thing, mentioned arguments for controllers. MBB reacted for comunity desire, to have the option to control the game by keypad. Even if I play with mouse and keyboard, I accept it and don't judge others, what HW they use. Devs want to give us multifunctionality and the game to be for all spectre of players.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit
    • I start with "It is a step froward and need to be commented." so i appreciate the work

Simulation
      Detailed machinery and realistic harvesting techniques

Now my English is bad but for all i know

simulation. is the imitation of the operation of a real-world process or system over time the act of simulating. something first requires that a model be developed. this model represents. the key characteristics or behaviors / functions of the selected physical or abstract system or process the model represents.[/b]

I never see a xbox controller in a tractor :) To be honest if i will know this game will not support steering wheel i will stay away i hate the radial menu on all games i have at list 105 keys i do not need to pres 2 buttons to something (this comes from a PC user for a PC only game)
      IT JUST WORKS
    • Why should not it support a controller? Just because you do not use a tractor in reality? Then I bring a counterargument, you do not drive a tractor with a keyboard and mouse! and the steering wheel support, the game has very well steering wheel support that has been proven to you often enough! There's plenty here in the forum to play with, as well as countless who prove it in their videos on YouTube. In my opinion, the problem is quite different and not at the game ...
      CPU: Intel Core i7-8700,6x3700 MHz Turbo bis zu 4700 MHz, CPU-Kühler: CSL Maelstrom 120 Wasserkühlung, 500GB SSD +3000GB Seagate/Western Digital, 32GB DDR4-Ram, GTX 1080 Ti Armor 11G OC 11GB GDDR5X, Mainboard: ASUS Prime Z370-P, Netzteil: 700 Watt Power Boost 80+ Gold, Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, Logitech G29 und Saitek Seitenkonsole
    • If i want to play games with a controller i will play a xbox or PS, i do not want to use a controller and so i buy a PC ( i pay extra 500 Euro to have more keys and more control). What is so hard to understand ? and i will not care about this controller if the support for steering wheels was in game, but this game is now a arcade game and not a simulator you simulate nothing with a controller.
      If you think you play a simulator game with a controller then your wrong mate you play a arcade game and you are lying to yourself

Again i chose this game for 2 reasons
      1 Simulator
      2 Next generation

The game has minimal steering wheel support
      The first person camera is bug (when the tractor is tilt your position is vertical is not the same as the tractor
      Pleas do not try to tell me the game has steering wheel support cause it dos not have (there is not things as half way done it is or is not and this game dos not support steering wheel )

Any way what is done is done and 2 years since im here i see no improve on simulation it is time to move away let you guys enjoy your Pure Farming 2 game
      IT JUST WORKS

The post was edited 2 times, last by gheazu ().

• gheazu wrote:

If i want to play games with a controller i will play a xbox or PS, i do not want to use a controller and so i buy a PC ( i pay extra 500 Euro to have more keys and more control). What is so hard to understand ? and i will not care about this controller if the support for steering wheels was in game, but this game is now a arcade game and not a simulator you simulate nothing with a controller.
      If you think you play a simulator game with a controller then your wrong mate you play a arcade game and you are lying to yourself

Again i chose this game for 2 reasons
      1 Simulator
      2 Next generation
      That is correct.

---

But there might be more customers, when you supports controller. ;)
      And CaC needs more money.
      Lenkrad und CaC - Geht halt nicht bei jedem.
      Kritische Geister befördern ein Projekt.
      Mods handeln nach Couleur!
    • But this is not all about you! There are enough users who play it with the controller and are happy about it. Also, a large part of the community wanted the controller support because many people play with it and you should respect that and not just what you want because there are others. they may like to have a different opinion but there are enough users who just see it differently.
      CPU: Intel Core i7-8700,6x3700 MHz Turbo bis zu 4700 MHz, CPU-Kühler: CSL Maelstrom 120 Wasserkühlung, 500GB SSD +3000GB Seagate/Western Digital, 32GB DDR4-Ram, GTX 1080 Ti Armor 11G OC 11GB GDDR5X, Mainboard: ASUS Prime Z370-P, Netzteil: 700 Watt Power Boost 80+ Gold, Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, Logitech G29 und Saitek Seitenkonsole
    • The Radial menu is a big goodlooking jump, pretty easy to understand, but it will take some time to play instinictly with it.
      I think the controller support is more for the Future, when the main game is ready, there is an interesting market from the Playstation & X Box, but the main reason was the Community wanted its so badly, but good to have it already,
      To the steereing wheel i am sadly belive that tooks still a lot of time to see some changes in the late future,
      at the moment they have to bring the main game in better position. But i strongly belive they will not foget the Steeringwheel
      because of the quality aspiration from MBB.

But to paly with the keyboard is not that bad i think!? ^^
      I am sorry for you gheazu but i belive it will come someday.
    • My G29 has been working great in game for 1 or 2 years now.... so has my other 3 button boxes, joystick, and hand throttle @Lee01Mr @Kerbo ... As my good old friend T Swift would say. "Haters Gonna Hate"
      Nothin' Runs Like A Deere When It's Gettin' Chased By A Magnum

Display Spoiler

i7 6700k @4.6 ghz w/ 360mm AIO liquid cooler
      32gb Corsair Vengance 3200mhz
      2 Asus Strix GTX 1070's w/ HB Bridge
      Asus Maximus Hero VIII
      Corsair HX 850i
      256gb Samsung 960 Evo (Boot)
      512gb Samsung 860 Pro (Games and Programs)
      1tb WD Black (Recordings)
      2 2tb WD Red (Mass Storage & Back-ups)
      Asus Blu-Ray Burner
      Corsair 780T
      APC 1500VA UPS w/ additional battery
    • a good game must take time to emerge, take the example of star citizen, Chris Roberts takes his time to release the best pc games of all time, I think C & C takes this direction, when Giants and his hit kids, they have not figured out how to get out every year a game with little evolution that they are ridiculous with their farming simulator, so I leave the time to C & C to do the best farm simulator
    • @Kerbo the so call wheel support that you name has only calibration and that is all no force-feedback and i must load EST 2 profile in order to not brake my heads when i steer (the wheel support is not even decent) What support is this if i must open another game first so my G29 will copy the settings from it cause the game dos not have it ?

Again we have different opinion about quality and what is a NEXT GENERATION ( and i wait for 1 year to have this stupid wheel support and we get controllers) then it meas this game will be a ARCADE and not at all a simulator.

Second problem i mention 6 months ago, if you drive the tractor in a hill you (as inside the tractor) your position is the same as the hill not as the tractor wicth is wrong im in the tractor not on the hill i do not take position from the hill (other words your tractor move left and right up and down but stay strait all the time you do not move with the tractor) It feels cheep not a simulator just a game for children (with controllers now:) )
      IT JUST WORKS
    • There is no support for force feedback at this time. The Force Feedback not disabling is a Logitech Driver issue with the G27 and G29. This will happen with every game that doesn't implement Force Feedback or specifically the Logitech Driver for these wheels. All controllers right now are handeled through the Input System without any support for specific device features like this. If you want to use devices like these you need to find a way to disable the FFB or other features like starting software that will interface with the Logitech Drivers and switch it's Profile.

The second "problem" is an intentional feature some people like, some people like you dislike. When I'm in a Machine in real life i don't sit straight, I'll try to counter any slopes with my head. So thats purely opinion and not a "problem", even if it's in you eyes.
    • I demand the whole game including MP and next gen physics and super realism tomorrow!!!! :P :D JK. You can't please everyone ah well. Will there be joystick support too so you can use the wheel for just driving the tractor but simultaneously using the joystick for operating the front loader or hitch etc etc? Or is that already implemented?
      Proper Sim gamer. Rally games tractor and truck games. Bus games and train games you name it :)

• Lee01Mr wrote:

I demand the whole game including MP and next gen physics and super realism tomorrow!!!! :P :D JK. You can't please everyone ah well. Will there be joystick support too so you can use the wheel for just driving the tractor but simultaneously using the joystick for operating the front loader or hitch etc etc? Or is that already implemented?
      Joysticks are supported, I use a CH HOTAS joystick for front loader. You need to bind your joystick axis to the hot bar slots that front loaders get assigned to (7 & 8 I think)

EDIT: add link to this video (German) that shows joystick setup youtube.com/watch?v=Qgatpt6tBcg
    • Thank you for your replays you make it clear. I do not agree with all of you. I my opinion is the game problem not the Logitech problem (this is the first time i here that :) )
      The game must provide all function and option special when we are talking about Logitech G27 and G29 who are the most use steering wheels in the world. And i say before instead of working 3 months on some controller crap they cod implement Force Feedback they cod fix the annoying loop sounds that drives you crazy and if the "The second "problem" is an intentional feature some people like" we shod have a option last time i check this game was for all players. Apparently is not.
      Any way thank you for your time i REGRET THAT I HAVE BUY THIS GAME. made for specifically for a small community and for German players.

It is clear that this small dev team will not deliver what they advertise but any way the game is death no one speaks about it no one play it, as the steam charts prove it. Wish you all the best.
      IT JUST WORKS

• gheazu wrote:

i REGRET THAT I HAVE BUY THIS GAME.

It is clear that this small dev team will not deliver what they advertise but any way the game is death no one speaks about it no one play it, as the steam charts prove it. Wish you all the best.
      Oh Wow man, youre an All day angry guy i think, come down please, dont be so mean, i bought more than 200 games in my life
      i regret a lot of them, but C&C isnt one of it, and i payed even more than u. The game is well to play with mouse & keyboard.
      And dont forget it is still EA, I hope the Game is ready in 1 year from today, when you so Angry right now, go get other games
      to get rid of the Time, many People think LS2019 is good enought, maybe you rethink when the game is ready, i hope so. I played over 360 hours C&C right now. I think there is nothing to compare with the Game. There are al lot of things that no other games had, in this genre, The wet ground to sink in, the dynamik ground, the awesome Grafik, 3D driveways on the field, and much much more, that all cost a lot of time, and lot of mony, Giant never did that, they just design new maschienes and polish the grafik a bit, but many people are fine with it. so i hope you will find youre peace with them. :saint:
    • It's all everyone else's fault. Ah well......as a small team you cannot expect them to live up to the deadlines. They've promised us such great features and they will deliver. Just give it time. But we will continue without your complaints and it saves us a lot of typing too :P . All the best gheazu :thumbup:
      Proper Sim gamer. Rally games tractor and truck games. Bus games and train games you name it :)

• gheazu wrote:

Any way thank you for your time i REGRET THAT I HAVE BUY THIS GAME. made for specifically for a small community and for German players.

Seriously I hope this is the last time I hear this from you... or anything else for that matter. I literally have stopped frequenting this forum on a regular basis, because of YOUR constant negative attitude. It's one thing to leave constructive feedback, but instead it's always "I want things my way, and I want it done 2 years ago!". God it get's old.
      Nothin' Runs Like A Deere When It's Gettin' Chased By A Magnum

Display Spoiler

i7 6700k @4.6 ghz w/ 360mm AIO liquid cooler
      32gb Corsair Vengance 3200mhz
      2 Asus Strix GTX 1070's w/ HB Bridge
      Asus Maximus Hero VIII
      Corsair HX 850i
      256gb Samsung 960 Evo (Boot)
      512gb Samsung 860 Pro (Games and Programs)
      1tb WD Black (Recordings)
      2 2tb WD Red (Mass Storage & Back-ups)
      Asus Blu-Ray Burner
      Corsair 780T
      APC 1500VA UPS w/ additional battery