Ideas for the gameplay in Cattle and Crops

• So, if we get dairy cows. It would be cool if the milk truck acctually went upp to the "milking room" or what ever you have and couples to your milktank. (A "dream" scenario would be an animated man climbing out attatching it). I only know how this works on some farms here in sweden.

Maybe instead of forcing you to sell your milk like this you can chose not to have a milk truck coming or to make it leave a certain amount of milk in your tank everryday.
    • i just got a question, Will MBB be integrating a diff lock feature in the game ? ( that would be awesome)
      because well i got stuck with both tractors ploughing the lovely field 11.
      both times i gut stuck just 2 of the four wheels were spinning , even with the plow above ground so it should be able to crawl out of the mud ( in my expierence rl ). so a difflock feature would be very helpfull
      also when i was stuck with the claas , the front wheels were spinning , and the rear ones not but still the back sunk into the mud .

love the game though :)
    • Yup Diff lock is a must and I do believe that we will get it at some point, I just hope that you get punished for driving fast with diff andor 4wd enabled as well as punished for trying to turn with diff enable(punishment as in drive axles being damaged when driving too fast or turning with diff enabled) or at the very least make it hard to turn with diff enabled.

Will update the OP with the new ideas.

Nybyggarn wrote:

Please don't make it so that you can just drop a bale near the thourgh (Spelling?) And it get distrubuted along it automatically. Make it so that you have to use some sort of feeding machine or system.
      While I approve of this idea it should still be possible to add straw as bedding by putting a bale in the area where the cows are. I have never used a machine to distribute straw but I have used several other methods.

When working at a conventional farm I used the "plates" from big bales(you know a bale is made up of X amount of "plates" of straw pushed together) where I took x amount of plates anbd distributed them manually in the different booths where the calves and young cows stayed and used a mix of loose straw and powder for the main area where the milk cows where staying.

I have also worked at a organic farm, where the farmer produced a few round bales, some big bales and a ton of small bales. When changing the entire bedding at the cows we used 2 round bales and simply rolled them around the bedding area and then used a pitch fork to loosen it up a bit. Then whenever they needed fresh bedding on top of the old we drove a big bale into the bedding area and split it up into small stack and then simply let the cows spread it out(Really effecient and the cows enjoyed it) the small bales were used for the for the pigs where we just threw a bale into each pen and let the pigs distribute them on their own.

So all in all I hope to see something like that hopefully something where you throw in a bale and then the cows destroy it on their own and the maybe add a machine for distributing straw like that have in FS.

When it comes to feeding the livestock I do as Nybyggarn also said hope that there will be a proper way of distributing the feed. Noe of course there are several ways of doing that.

When distributing hay you can either put some round/big bales out in the field and let the animals do eat from it. Another way would be to have a "cage" where you put the bale into it but then again I have only seen organic farms do this, where as the conventional farms I have worked at purely gave them mixed feed(mazie silage, grass silage, barley straw, protein powder, melasse and soya all mixed together) During the winter we simply fed the livestock with hay and fresh grass whenever on the field as long as the ground wasn't frozen solid.

So all in all we hardly ever distributed the feed normally, on organic farms we gave them a bale and let them distribute it them selves or put the bales/loose hay into "cages" and on the conventional farms we simply fed them with mixed feed.

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jeytav ().

• Jeytav wrote:

Yup Diff lock is a must and I do believe that we will get it at some point, I just hope that you get punished for driving fast with diff andor 4wd enabled as well as punished for trying to turn with diff enable(punishment as in drive axles being damaged when driving too fast or turning with diff enabled) or at the very least make it hard to turn with diff enabled.
      Technically as long as you're driving straight diff lock shouldn't damage anything its just steering that it restricts. 4wd should restrict speed and turning but not as much as diff lock.
      That said most modern tractors have a automatic cut off so in my fendt in auto mode it cuts the 4wd once you pass 20kph or turned X amount and same with diff lock. Soo i guess the claas arion has something similar.
    • I hope, there will be those controls of claas tractors (like in video) added in the future. Which will be possible to set on multi-button mouse (simulation of CMOTION lever).

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit
    • I do not know if this is already in the list (could not find it) or if it have been mentioned.

But i would like to be able to chose if i want a building and fence for example piggs (if/when they get implemented). Maybe i just wanna run a grain farm, then a bigg building for cows would just be a waste of space. Maybe you could have a "building" mode where you could buy and build the buildings you whant. You start of with a clean or partwise clean area where to build a farm. Maybe it could work a bit like in the sims (now I'm going really high up in the clouds but) where you can put walls and areas and machinery. Mark out stuff like (Pasture, cow area (inside building where the cows are allowed to move) wiith invisible markers, chose where to put the feeding/water through and milking machine/container. That would be cool but almost a whole new game. (If possible, atleast the possibillity to chose if you want a cowbarn, pig housing or not).
    • Okay just thought of something that could be pretty neat to have in the game.

Many of you hopefully remembers the "map buyable objects" mod for Farming Sim. Well my idea would be to incoorporate that mod into CnC but in a more "advanced" way.

When you start a new career you begin with older machines and on a small farm, as time goes on you will begin to make money could be a few ingame years but at some point you'll have enough to expand/upgrade your farm. Lets say you start out with a House, an oldish building for livestock(at the beginning of the career you can choose what type of livestock you want to start out with/focus on or if you are going pure crops) and one building for storing machines. so after a few years you have upgraded some of your machines and you now want to add a storage building for your machines, so what you do it you designate the area you want the building to be build in and what type of building it should be and the size of it(size is grid based) and here comes the interesting part, it wont appear instantly, it will take one or two ingame years to build it because, you first need to get permission to build it you then pay a fee to some architects who will plan how to do it and then a construction crew will tell you hbow much it will cost and once you pay them the specified amount they will build it, this will roughly take 3 months(irl this could take years but hey it's a game)

Then, once construction begins(3 months in to the process), the area will get updated with some static objects at the ends of each month(month 4-12), so month 4 a wooden/steel skeleton, month 5 two of the sides will be done, month 6 the ther two, month 7 the roof, month 8 month flooring, month 9 doors and windows, month 10 the gate(s), month 11 lamps, switches and other equipment and month 12 all the construction equipment is gone and the building is ready to being used.

You'll also have the ability to upgrade most of the buildings(the farm house and the first stable can't be expanded) but the other building can. You can make the new livestock stables longer same goes for the machine storage buildings and the grain storage.

Lastly we should be able to buy other farmers farms or building plots.

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • Yep, would love to see some Scandinavian maps as well, both Danish, Swedish and Norwegian or at the very least a hybrid of them. Hopefully we will see a bit less of the UK maps in this game when it comes to modded maps. Not that I don't like them, just that there is so many of them. Maybe some polish, scandinavian, austrian maps etc instead.

• I would really like to see some quality american and Australian maps, as I think there is a lack of huge maps in FS. There are a couple out there, but only 1 or 2 really good ones. I know Lindbejb is working in a 16x american map, but it won't be out any time soon though.

I would love some good danish maps too, but actually the northern German maps resembles Denmark a lot. A map like the MIG - Made In Germany map is pretty close to what Denmark looks like some in some places and from what I've seen of the CnC vanilla map it also has a feel on Denmark.
    • So a thing that i think should be implemented is that the tractor can get old, and with age it does not matter how much you wash it, it will still be a bit rusty and have some scratches. The easy way would to do like you do the dirt, but this layer with scratches and rust is permanent and can't be removed. (If you don't implement a way to buy new plastic and fix the paintjobb).
    • Nybyggarn wrote:

So, if we get dairy cows. It would be cool if the milk truck acctually went upp to the "milking room" or what ever you have and couples to your milktank. (A "dream" scenario would be an animated man climbing out attatching it). I only know how this works on some farms here in sweden.

Maybe instead of forcing you to sell your milk like this you can chose not to have a milk truck coming or to make it leave a certain amount of milk in your tank everryday.
      i used to do that job here in scotland fella permanent night shift if they do have dairy cows on hard mode they ought to have realistic prices unlike giants 50p a ltr lol
    • smitty wrote:

i used to do that job here in scotland fella permanent night shift if they do have dairy cows on hard mode they ought to have realistic prices unlike giants 50p a ltr lol
      Well I also hope there is multiply contracts and depending on when and which one you sign up to determines your price. so if you screw up and lock your price in at 21p then the the price jumps to 28p you're still stuck with 21p or if you were a jammy bugger who signed a contract when there was a spike in demand and now are getting paid 40p a litre when everyone else is getting 18p.
      The devil is in the detail and it's that kind of thing people never really consider when making a farming game but it's the kind of stuff that makes or breaks a farm....
    • I was thinking of flinging up mud when you start to get stuck and spin your tires. Leaving a field on a road and leave a trail of mud behind you and also that the mud flings up nd the noise it makes inside the cab. Also that the tarmac roads are bit more bumpy. In all the games containing farm work they are always straight and flat. And I hope they introduce wet roads too with puddles and when you drive through them it will splash :D I f I think of more ideas I'll post them :D
      Proper Sim gamer. Rally games tractor and truck games. Bus games and train games you name it :)