Ideas for the gameplay in Cattle and Crops

• So wile playing another Farm sim game i came up with this little cool idea. I was driving a modded tractor and was seeding with the väderstad rapid and noticed that the tractor had a consol inside the cabin from väderstad (probably some sort of controlunit for the seedingmachine). So my idea is that if you have an implement that usually have an controllunit inside the cabin, it will be there when you attach that implement. So if i maybe attach a muckspreader (i do not know if they have controll units in cab but..) It will pop upp a controll unit for that implement inside the cab. Hhopfully people get where I'm going with this. :D
    • @Nybyggarn I think I understand. But would you want it to pop up immediately or have it more like real life where you have a tractor that does seeding/cultivating and a smaller one to do spraying/spreading Etc.

If you did it the latter way as I was thinking console panels wouldn't just "pop up" you would have to get the tractor upgraded in a workshop and it would be there permanently but only working when the implement is attached.

I guess another way is to just have all control panels run off the one screen which would normally be for gps.

• Nybyggarn wrote:

So wile playing another Farm sim game i came up with this little cool idea. I was driving a modded tractor and was seeding with the väderstad rapid and noticed that the tractor had a consol inside the cabin from väderstad (probably some sort of controlunit for the seedingmachine). So my idea is that if you have an implement that usually have an controllunit inside the cabin, it will be there when you attach that implement. So if i maybe attach a muckspreader (i do not know if they have controll units in cab but..) It will pop upp a controll unit for that implement inside the cab. Hhopfully people get where I'm going with this. :D
      Good example is mod from FS mod contest: Corn seeder Maschio Gaspardo. You need to buy control unit separately in the shop and then you can install it in any tractor you want. And also of course when you are finished with seeding, you demount unit and put it back into the box, and then you store it for ex. in your house or workshop or near the seeder.

I would love to see that function in CnC. Lots of bigger equipments have these control units, especially ballers, slurry tankers, seeders ...
    • the whole point of screens etc in modern tractors is interconnecting things via CAN-bus, so the screen etc in the tractor can control many makes and types of implements without need for a manufacture specific control units, which is the whole point of the CAN-bus standard, i.e. the MFD in the Arion is for just that job.

the only real reason for manufacture specific control units, is old tractors which predate CAN-bus or very basic modals of new tractors without screens and CAN-bus support, or an amount of laziness/incompetence/lack of tech knowledge by the owner/operator, or pore support by the implement manufacture in making interconnect harnesses for specific brands of tractors or CAN-bus standard iterations.

so the only tractors so far announced that would need manufacture specific control units, is the MB-Trac, all the Claas etc ones should use the MFD that's already there.
    • b101uk wrote:

the whole point of screens etc in modern tractors is interconnecting things via CAN-bus, so the screen etc in the tractor can control many makes and types of implements without need for a manufacture specific control units, which is the whole point of the CAN-bus standard, i.e. the MFD in the Arion is for just that job.

the only real reason for manufacture specific control units, is old tractors which predate CAN-bus or very basic modals of new tractors without screens and CAN-bus support, or an amount of laziness/incompetence/lack of tech knowledge by the owner/operator, or pore support by the implement manufacture in making interconnect harnesses for specific brands of tractors or CAN-bus standard iterations.

so the only tractors so far announced that would need manufacture specific control units, is the MB-Trac, all the Claas etc ones should use the MFD that's already there.
      Even though you are right, a lot of people like playing with older equipment and on most farms all equipment aren't state of the art. So I think the idea of individual control units makes fine sense and is still widely used for various reason like: The implement is not new enough for it. Many farmers keep their implements for 10-15 years or even more. And like you say, tractors might not be setup for it, for the same reason. Not to mention, a setup like that is an extra expense and farmers are cheap ;)
    • mmmBetty wrote:

@b101uk so theoretically it would be possible to "put an all-in-one unit in the mb trac" lets say and just run it all from that unit. Is it possible in real life to get a unit to go in old tractors is what I'm saying. I know you can get specific units ie: GPS, Spray Control in old tractors so I imagine it's possible.
      Yes, that is possible. But most farmers don't want to spend the money on an old tractor.
    • EarlTom wrote:

Good example is mod from FS mod contest: Corn seeder Maschio Gaspardo. You need to buy control unit separately in the shop and then you can install it in any tractor you want. And also of course when you are finished with seeding, you demount unit and put it back into the box, and then you store it for ex. in your house or workshop or near the seeder.
      I would love to see that function in CnC. Lots of bigger equipments have these control units, especially ballers, slurry tankers, seeders ...
      Aah did not know this existed! Cool!
    • b101uk wrote:

the whole point of screens etc in modern tractors is interconnecting things via CAN-bus, so the screen etc in the tractor can control many makes and types of implements without need for a manufacture specific control units, which is the whole point of the CAN-bus standard, i.e. the MFD in the Arion is for just that job.

I'm no farmer my self, just been grown Up on a small farm with really old tractors so i had no idéa this existed! But if that is the case i hope the screen will react to the different implements attached later on!
    • CallMeMegalo wrote:

b101uk wrote:

Even though you are right, a lot of people like playing with older equipment and on most farms all equipment aren't state of the art. So I think the idea of individual control units makes fine sense and is still widely used for various reason like: The implement is not new enough for it. Many farmers keep their implements for 10-15 years or even more. And like you say, tractors might not be setup for it, for the same reason. Not to mention, a setup like that is an extra expense and farmers are cheap ;)

but other than the MB-Trac's there is NO other implicitly old equipment in CNC, so there is no old implements, so any complex implement should be ISO 11783 (ISOBUS), thus should plug into the Claas and Deutz tractors without need for any manufacture specific control units.

which just leaves the MB-Trac's that would need either 1: manufacture specific control units or 2: 3rd party retrofit of a virtual terminal MFD that offers some ISO 11783 (ISOBUS) function.

@mmmBetty yes in short, though it would probably be best if the MB-Trac also had the Terramatic option (electro-hydraulic spool-block etc) which would limit it to later type modals of the like the MB-Trac 1400, 1600 and 1800.

for anyone wanting to look stuff up the appropriate standards are ISO 11783 which is also known as ISOBUS which is the “Tractors and machinery for agriculture and forestry - Serial control and communications data network” standard.

likewise its also worth remembering that many manufacture specific control units are just virtual terminal/Task Controller MFD and are just branded versions of the same thing just preloaded with machine specific data, which if you were using the tractors own virtual terminal/Task Controller you would download from a file server and then upload to the tractor with a laptop if the I-ECU did not hold this data or you hadn't uploaded before.

The challenge of ISOBUS Implementation
    • Was playing for a bit just now and thought of something. I would like to see a cruise control option that is based on rpm. The reasoning is that tractors actually does use rpm for "cruise control", there are some that can use speed as well like the arion 530 but being able to control the rpm is pretty important in a tractor for when you need to use the pto. There are two types of pto's one is 540 rpm and the other is 10000, there is also 540E and 1000E on tractors like the Arion where the E stands for economic. A normal 540 PTO needs about 2000 rpm to reach 540(depends on the tractor) and a 540E pto on the arion needs 1530 rpm to reach the 540. I don't know how new tractors function with rpm but those I have driven(both old and newer) needed to driver to specify the amount of rpm used on the tractor, which means you would drive forwards slowly and engage the pto then as soon it's engage you would increase the rpm on the tractor to the desired amount while making sure that the tractor is in the correct gear as well(if using a tractor with an actual stick and not those where you can change gears by pushing a button)

so TL:DR

I want the option to set the amount of rpm my self.

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • Rpm should be set at CEBIS - IRL. Also there is several more options in ARION. Such set of shifting options, when PTO is on etc.
      Or you would have to use hand throttle. (For example I use hand throttle to set speed, instead of speed control key in Tech demo).

Nice brochure: claas.cz/blueprint/servlet/blo…c88306/248703-dataRaw.pdf
      see pages 36, 51-54. But whole brochure is interesting.

But there is the question, if MBB are able (in the future) to add at least some functions what real Arion has. I hope they will be able and I'd love to see it happen. But time will show.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dylan81 ().

• Dylan81 wrote:

Rpm should be set at CEBIS - IRL. Also there is several more options in ARION. Such set of shifting options, when PTO is on etc.
      Or you would have to use hand throttle. (For example I use hand throttle to set speed, instead of speed control key in Tech demo).

Nice brochure: claas.cz/blueprint/servlet/blo…c88306/248703-dataRaw.pdf
      see pages 36, 51-54. But whole brochure is interesting.

But there is the question, if MBB are able (in the future) to add at least some functions what real Arion has. I hope they will be able and I'd love to see it happen. But time will show.
      Sure, I'm not too much into the claas line so I don't know much about them. I usually drive, Valtra and McCormic and Fiat all of them use rpm turn-knob to determine speed etc. If the irl tractor automatically adjusts the rpm for the pto then it should do the same in the game and the same for tractors that doesn't.

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • b101uk wrote:

but other than the MB-Trac's there is NO other implicitly old equipment in CNC, so there is no old implements, so any complex implement should be ISO 11783 (ISOBUS), thus should plug into the Claas and Deutz tractors without need for any manufacture specific control units.

which just leaves the MB-Trac's that would need either 1: manufacture specific control units or 2: 3rd party retrofit of a virtual terminal MFD that offers some ISO 11783 (ISOBUS) function.
      Only looking at the machines we got atm, I agree. My comment was meant as a more general notion of real life. I was also thinking ahead and thinking of mods and future machinery. We know there's more comming and that's pretty much what this thread is about: the future :)
    • Hello everyone, this is my first post

1st: What I'd like to see in the game the most is Purchasable Oil/Coolant/Grease so this would fall under manual maintenance.

2nd: I would like to see implemented would be a status of the character your playing with. Example: would be (cold, warm, hot) If your cold, dress up for the weather or turn the heater on, if your hot, dress less or turn the air conditioner on. players can get clean or dirty, player can become sick due to not dressing appropriately resulting in slower ground movement.

3rd: battery level (decreases over time/ or when lights are left on) and a battery charger

4th: ability to plug the block heater in for cold/winter starts
    • So an option that i would like ingame woul be this (youtube video) little neat thing for the baler and wrapper combo. A friend of mine use it on their farm to make the bale stand up which makes it alot quicker and easier to pick it up with a balegrabber later on. Standing up is also the way they stack the bales so it is easier if they are standing from the beginning!
    • just seen this thread must admit dont get time to come on much,sooooo..gameplay,cattle...is it just beef? or are we getting milkers.also feed.
      way back when i could be bothered with farm sim i had a mod from mod hub for a feeder that the mix ratio gave you silage,hay corn and or barley and or beet potatoes..which in turn made you grow such things..the price of selling say beet was never great so growing it was never a need but to give it as feed did....thoughts?
    • mmmBetty wrote:

@smitty I assumed it would be dairy, but at this stage according to screenshots that I've seen it could just be beef? Not %100 sure atm.
      I think it is dairy. it says beef because most other languages don't differentiate between a dairy cow and beef cow but engilsh dose differentiate between the two so it might be a translation error. :)
      To make a good game takes and patients and time :)
    • Another idea for the back mirrors. Try to make a concave mirrors in the future, to see wider angle of sight. At least for machines which have it IRL.

It should be possible in blender (I worked on it once upon the time for FS, but didn't finish it), there is of course a question if it then work in the game.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit
    • This means a lot more calculation due to the wide angle ... poor GPU ;)

One thing I thought about today is to have different settings for wolking and driving (when using steering wheel and joystick for example)...
      AMD Ryzen 2700X + Corsair H100x - 16Gb Ram - Curial 500Go SSD - Gigabyte RTX2080Ti Waterforce 11Go - 32'' FullHD Monitor - Logitech Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle with 2 side controllers

:S
      My English is not perfect, thank you for being indulgent...
      Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, Danke für ihr Verständnis...
      :S
    • Another idea would be a more realistic dealer. If you whant to buy something you can go to the dealer and see what he got. If he does not have whant you want in store you'll have to order it.

The machines you can buy would stand around in the dealer compound and you can strole around and look. Also you could look online for used veichles and then visit other farms who have som for sale. (Maybe this could be where you buy from other farmers?)
    • On bigger maps there could be different climate areas. For example, on one part of the map you could sow corn earlier, e.g. in March, because there the temperature is higher, but on another part you'd have to wait until April, or May. There could be some crops, e.g. coconuts, grapefruits, if trees get added to the game, which could only be grown in one climate area, or in greenhouses. In each climate zone there would be different insects, and illnesses, so you would've to use different pesticides.

Each climate zone would have its own soil conditions, but this could be independent from the climate. For example, in a firmer soil, the plows, cultivators, subsoilers, etc. would broke more easily. And additionally, there would be different nutrients in the soil, forcing you to use different fertilizers.

Additionally, there could be some "countries", each with its own currency, market, developness. So for example, in one country you would be able to get more money from selling crops, and thus buying better, bigger machines, while in another country you wouldn't be able to buy those, and you might need to hire more workers to pick your grapes by hand, for example. In each country, there would be different demands for different crops.

The developness would also determine which machines the other farmers (if there'll be AI farmers) use, which equipment you start with, and which are available in the shop. If you'd like to buy something, which isn't available in your local shop, e. g. a big John Deere, or Case IH combine in an underdeveloped country, then you would've to import it, which costs more. Each country would have different types of buildings, different field sizes, e.g. in one country all fields would be at least 5 ha, and in another, all of them would be below 1 ha.

There could be an international market, so you could export your crops, and buy seeds, fertilizer, etc. from other countries. And countries, in which some crops aren't autochthonous, would have a higher demand for them.

Additionally, there could be some unions, like the EU, where there is no cost of export, and import.

One problem I see with this is, that if you have many countries, you would've to have very large maps, which would take up much space in the memory. There might be a solution to only load one country at a time, but that would mean loading screens, when travelling between countries, so I don't know, if that is a good idea.

What do you think about this?