Timelapse of Weather Seasons

• Timelapse of Weather Seasons

Many of you speculated, if Cattle and Crops contains weather seasons or not. Because of this we created a small timelapse video to give you an impression how the simulation of an entire year looks a like in the game. In this video are 365 days simulated beginning with the first July.
      In order to generate realistic weather data we use statistical weather data of the region. However we disabled a few weather effects like rain and fog in this video because otherwise the video would be too turbulent.
      We hope you like this small introduction and give us your feedback.

• Foffen wrote:

Looks so awsome! I love how the weather effects the work on the fields. But i wonder... in winter climate, will we be able to plow snow on roads and so on?

It´s something that has been very requested in fs17 community
      I agree; don’t know how long the seasons will be, but those of us who might not want to just fast forward through winter will need something to do. Plowing the roads, maybe even some salting and sanding for traction, or how about a mini ski resort that we tend to during the winter months and then return to farming in the spring, summer and fall.
      “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.”
    • This weather functionality really opens up a whole new set of simulation challenges ..... good potential challenges I talking about.

Forgive me, I will just blurt out my immediate questions (which I hope in the full of time, can get answered)

Would I be able to load in a weather data set for, say, 2016 and use that for my simulated year ?

What forecast model might accompany the weather system in CnC ?

Can I hard select my weather ? i.e. run weather real time / choose fixed permanent summer time ?

Weather being such a critical part of the farm management challenge, it is amazing to see this video. The fact is however, there are a couple of aspects to weather. Coming from flight sim experience, weather has both an environment/immersion effect as well as a practical implications effect for the sim-player. Hearing and seeing the rain, needing to use the wipers to actually be able to load the dung in the yard, LOL are part of the overall environmental / immersive effect which is so rewarding. Being unable to harvest because the wheat is not dry enough after the last shower is a practical implication of the weather system also which reinforces the whole challenge and 'reality' of the experience.

What impacts on crops could we expect to see?
      e.g. Would an exceptionally hot and dry early summer period have a real impact of plant health and thereby yields later in harvest time?

Could I try to mitigate against yield loss?
      e.g. By setting up irrigation in the field , I can help reduce the impact of the heat on my plant health?

Could I expect to run into problems maybe If I try to plough too soon after a hard freeze?
      Or could I get bogged down trying to take out beet in that low field on my farm after a sustained wet periods greater then a couple of days ? (I needed to wait another day at least before going in!

Sorry for all the questions. Like I said, I am sure answers will come in the fullness of time and I don't expect all these to be Yes, in fact that would be too much I am sure .... but it the product differentiation that I am hoping for in time.

Thanks

Jack
      Go Handy & Give 'er Lolly
    • I really hope weather is handled better than it was in FS17. Sunny, Outcast, Hail, or Rain. Like weather should be a huge part of farming! Instead of just telling you that you cannot thresh during a rain storm, it should be made evident that it will take time before the grain is ready. Plowing in the rain? Not so much. Using heavy equipment on wet soil. Nope.

The seasons look beautiful, not to mention extremely real. I am really hoping that the winter season has some sort of snow accumulation system, even without it it is still much better than any of the competition.

MORE TEASERS PLOX!
    • Ranach wrote:

I hope we will be able to plow and salt or sand roads in winter.
      That would make not that big amount of sense,due to the fact that farmingmachines have other tires than normal machines.

While even racingsims have a highperformance tire model which is massivle impacting the driving experience,
      i for myself dont think that cnc has the ability for no to do that in a comparable quality ...or on the other hand cause a hughe codework....cause you'll have to think about the falling amount of snow which again is causing the height of laying snow and again the impact of salt etc on the snow and ice when melting it away ;)

that more sth for a ski sim, eventhough iD even appreceate such a detailed feature ;)
      Mit freundlichen Grüßen MB-M@x von Schwabenmodding.de

PS An alle Nutzer der Kommentar-"Gefällt mir"-Funktion, die eine negative Wertung zu einem meiner Kommentare abgeben möchten: Bitte schreibt eine Begründung solange ich keine beleidigende oder verletzende Aussage getroffen habe, die Qualität meiner Kommentare rechtfertigt eine begründete Stellungnahme! Danke im Voraus.
    • MB-M@x wrote:

Ranach wrote:

I hope we will be able to plow and salt or sand roads in winter.
      That would make not that big amount of sense,due to the fact that farmingmachines have other tires than normal machines.
      While even racingsims have a highperformance tire model which is massivle impacting the driving experience,
      i for myself dont think that cnc has the ability for no to do that in a comparable quality ...or on the other hand cause a hughe codework....cause you'll have to think about the falling amount of snow which again is causing the height of laying snow and again the impact of salt etc on the snow and ice when melting it away ;)

that more sth for a ski sim, eventhough iD even appreceate such a detailed feature ;)

I agree it would make for some pretty complicated script writing. I think people here are just trying to figure out what could be done during the winter months; I mean, if the developers are going through the trouble of adding a winter season, why would we want to speed through it just to get back to summer? We should be able to enjoy (and appreciate) all the hard work they are doing to include the seasons in their map.
      We should be able to do some type of work during the winter. Where I live, some farmers attach a snow blower to their tractor and contract themselves out to clear driveways or mall parking lots.
      “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.”
    • there are some fantastic Modder's working on a season mod for fs17 and it includes snow and a ton more stuff if your ever in fs-UK you should check them out under in the forums ( seasons wip)
      also there is plenty to do in the winter thank you very much! Such as ploughing for spring crops feeding and caring for animals. Lifting of swedes, turnips and carrots maybe even sugar beet ( no expert but I think they lift to meet factory demand), fence repairs, hedge trimming and etc
      winter isn't some sweet as long holiday for farmers were busy all year long
      I hope at least some of those things mentioned will be in game .....
    • All the effort into the weather system really makes for the hope that corresponding implications of the weather impact our game play.

Picture the scenario ....

there you are working on whatever job, hoping to finish it asap as you know your next job is harvesting that grain field at the back of the farm.
      You remember to check the local short term weather forecast ...oh oh rain expected tomorrow noon/early afternoon ....

You know how much time you need to harvest the field and it's late in the afternoon already. You won't be able to start cutting until 0900 at the earliest .... You decide to make a start now to get the headlands out of it before dew-fall this evening and that means, I should be able to get the rest of the field's grain off before the expected rain tomorrow ...

This kinda scenario is what makes for great simulation play. Weather management is so central to all farming.

Go Handy
      Go Handy & Give 'er Lolly
    • JackWall wrote:

All the effort into the weather system really makes for the hope that corresponding implications of the weather impact our game play.

there you are working on whatever job, hoping to finish it asap as you know your next job is harvesting that grain field at the back of the farm.
      You remember to check the local short term weather forecast ...oh oh rain expected tomorrow noon/early afternoon ....

You know how much time you need to harvest the field and it's late in the afternoon already. You won't be able to start cutting until 0900 at the earliest .... You decide to make a start now to get the headlands out of it before dew-fall this evening and that means, I should be able to get the rest of the field's grain off before the expected rain tomorrow ...

This kinda scenario is what makes for great simulation play. Weather management is so central to all farming.

Go Handy
      THIS!!! :thumbup:
      This is what i'd like to see. As close to reality as possible.
      What ever it is I just said; I could be wrong!
      Farming on FS17 and Testing CnC Tech Demo!
      "PC"
      Display Spoiler
      -Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H
      -Intel i7 3770K Quad Core 3.5gHz-3.9gHz
      -16GB RAM
      -MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
      -Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512GB
      -Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
      -Logitech G710+, Corsair M65 PRO RGB
      -Samsung SyncMaster B2240
    • JackWall wrote:

All the effort into the weather system really makes for the hope that corresponding implications of the weather impact our game play.

Go Handy
      This is an excellent example of the pressures and decision making elements in farming. Well said.