Downloadservertest

• Downloadservertest

We have news for those of you who want to participate in our server test run:
      We expect that a week from friday (June 9th 2017) you can download a testfile from our server with our launcher.

If you want to support the development of Cattle and Crops or upgrade your current pre-order-package you are welcome to do so: after we received a number of requests we increased the number of the package Season Pass 2 Years from 500 to 650. This includes the game as well all the DLCs that will be released in the following two years.

For those of you who want to exchange views about Cattle and Crops and other topics in our forum: We raised the number of characters for the user profile and the posts. We’re looking forward to your input!

The development of CnC goes at full pace. We are tuning the ingame content, enhancing the AI, decorating the maps and the village and working on the overall performance.

A piece of good news at the end: The latest driver update from NVIDIA fixed the graphic-bug that has caused a render error in the game.

Have a nice week!
    • Haha thanks MBB and I'll definitely try and do the test download. I love the tounge in cheek homepage message too.

Keep up the good work and maybe work on communicating a little more and you're on the right track.

Also I had a query about adding the ability to upgrade to a farming with friends package as an upgrade if you already own the game. You would pay 75 Euro and receive 3 games and everything else in the farming with friends 4x pack.

I'm not sure how many people would be interested in this but I myself am. If I was making a game I would welcome that ability due to having 3 more people exposed to the game and they themselves possibly upgrading to a 4 year pass.

• No to more payments from early Kickstart payers.

We are keen to support You and are agreeable that this CNC was a grand idea.
      But We have waited for a while why thing's were sorted with the delay release. I think further Payments need to be waverd so we can all get on with the final testing and a free gesture.

Thank's KSGold!
      Interfarms Ceo.
    • If I understand Kickstarter policy correctly, if you don't deliver anything we all get a refund, so I'm OK with trying to gin up more support. And when I do the math - at say 500 hours of CnC per year - it's pennies per hour of farming. Plus it's not like I don't have any other sims going in the meantime.

The delays are frustrating though. Communication would help. And more teaser content or playable mini games or map tours or something. Just so we know there's progress.
    • masterbrain wrote:

We expect that a week from friday (06.09.2017) you can download a testfile from our server with our launcher.
      If you want to write the american date format, than you have to write it this way: 06-09-2017. because the americans uses the dash instead of the point like everyone else. With point it is this format the right one: 09.06.2017.

But the best way is June 9th 2017. This prevents every confusion.
      LG
      Julia

Es gibt 10 Gruppen von Menschen: Die, die Binär verstehen und die, die es nicht verstehen.
    • Hopefully once we all do a test download with their launcher (ooh maybe a test and sneak peek of the launcher!) and if it all plays out ok on their end MBB might have a better indication of how they are fairing in regards to a date for EA.

Until they do the test I doubt they will be giving a date or promising anything.

I cannot see how they could give a date if they aren't sure that the game will be possible to download on game day.

I still believe communication is key and we should be kept a little more in the loop. If what I have explained is a factor in release date then I can't see why MBB isn't coming out and saying something like what I have.

• From what I can understand it will just be a test file note sure how big it is but it It'll probably just be an empty file but could also just be a file showing us some stuff maybe a short video pre youtube rendering, but I still tilt towards some random file that we can download and then delete

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • It should be a whole week after mentioned date 9.6.2017.

masterbrain wrote:

We have news for those of you who want to participate in our server test run:
      We expect that a week from friday (June 9th 2017) you can download a testfile from our server with our launcher.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit
    • I understand it same as mmmBetty wrote. I don't see any other sense in MBB's description.

mmmBetty wrote:

But I guess it could also mean it will be available to download for a week from Friday the 9th of June

In my opinion, the download server test run will start on 9th of June. It will last for a week and stop on 16th of June.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dylan81 ().

• I don't think It would make no sense to make much stress test last for a week for obvious reasons. I'm pretty sure it's only Friday the 9th that us the test.

They wrote in an earlier post:

"Another topic are our servers. Before we make CnC available as download we would like to test, if our infrastructure can handle a higher number of simultaneous downloads with high bandwidth."

But I'm no expert :)
    • Yep I would say the test either happens on Friday, or From Friday afternoon and untill Sunday Evening or Monday Morning, but norm longer than that because this is a test of their infrastructure which mean they need to see if their servers can handle all the strain. Hey might extend the testing period if the first test didn't go as planned.

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • Since some of you have been wondering how long the server test will last, here's another short addition to the subject:

The test will start next Friday (June 9th 2017) and will have an open end.
      We don’t know exactly how long it will last. We will run the test as long as we need to get the information we require.
    • you would think if its only going to be a short running test over the following weekend that there would be a bit more of an effort to impose some higher load at specific times (UTC).

E.g.
      We would ask everyone who is able, to download the file via the launcher as many times as possible on Sat 10th June from 17:00h - 19:00h UTC
      (18:00h -20:00h BST/WEST | 19:00h - 21:00h CEST | 20:00h - 22:00h EEST | 13:00h - 15:00h EDT [US East coast] | 10:00h - 12:00h PDT [US West Coast])
    • b101uk wrote:

you would think if its only going to be a short running test over the following weekend that there would be a bit more of an effort to impose some higher load at specific times (UTC).

E.g.
      We would ask everyone who is able, to download the file via the launcher as many times as possible on Sat 10th June from 17:00h - 19:00h UTC
      (18:00h -20:00h BST/WEST | 19:00h - 21:00h CEST | 20:00h - 22:00h EEST | 13:00h - 15:00h EDT [US East coast] | 10:00h - 12:00h PDT [US West Coast])
      Sure they could ask people to download at specific time intervals but if you want a close to true test you just need to let things happen.

For example: let's say you have 10000 costumers who are waiting for your game to be released so they can download it, you then decide to release the game at midnight 5 days after you announce the release date, then the downloads could look something like this

timezone is European central summer time (CEST = gmt/utc+2)
      00:00 - 01:00 = 1000 downloads
      01:01 - 06:00 = 200
      06:01 - 08:00 = 800
      08:01 - 15:00 = 1000
      15:01 - 21:00 = 7000

This may not an exact estimate but more of an example of how it most likely would look, you got your hardcore gamers who will download and play through the night, then you got your gamers that goes to bed early and gets up early to play a bit or just start downloading before going to work and lastly you have the rest who starts t download when they come back home from work /school

Above we had the numbers for a games release which usually happens at midnight, next we have the release of and update which happens in the afternoon

CEST
      15:00 - 21:00 8000-9000 downloads

That's about it the majority of the users will update as soon as they can while the rest needs to make savegame backup, wait for mods to update etc

So for those reasons it wouldn't make sense to ask people to download at specific times but rather just let things happen. The largest pressure will happen as soon as the servers opens and then slowly drop after that.

If you use specific times for a test you'll have say 1000 for 30 minutes then nothing for 2 hours and then 1000 again or you'll have 10000 downloads at 18:00 then nothing after 30 min and then a few hundred downloads for the rest of the download test times

Nature I hope this makes sense :)

• @Jeytav

true, but you have to have both extremes, uncoordinated load (i.e. no set time just let people get on with it as and when), and coordinated load (at a set time to test peak load), because when the EA goes live and every time there is a patch you are going to get spikes that will exceed the coordinated load test, given not everyone will participate in the test, unlike the many more who will download the EA and patches once they e.g. get home from work which would see the 18:00h to 22:00h CEST timeslot take up lots of bandwidth load on the servers, given the large amount of European time zone users.