Language translations

• Language translations

I started to translate CnC language files (game.txt, input.txt) into Turkish language yesterday. I want to test the translations. What do i have to do to test it? What should I do to use the language files?

Turkish UTF-8 Language File Names: game.tr_TR.txt, input.tr_TR.txt

Best Regards

Hasan Alp İNAN
  • There is no way to "add" new languages right now. The only way to test them is to either replace the german or english string tables. These text files are not immediately used in the game but need to be imported using the C4 Engine menu. Open the Menu with ^ or Shift + Esc and chose Import String Table. You need to check where the original string tables are imported to, don't know that from the top of my head right now.
  • Hi

Modebcn wrote:

That's very interesting, you could tell me where those translation files are in the game, and I encourage them and translate them into Spanish

Modebcn language string files are under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cattle and Crops\Assets\Import\Misc\strings directory. There are only two files for now. One for input device setup sections (input.txt); the other one for game menus (game.txt). When you look at the contents of these files, you will understand what I mean.

Translation process is very easy. You will only change the parts beginning with the string word.

Example:

English

Entry( id = 'QALI' )
    {
    string {"Quality:"}
    }

Turkish

Entry( id = 'QALI' )
    {
    string {"Kalite:"}
    }

TheCoce wrote:

e game but need to be imported using the C4 Engine menu. Open the Menu with ^ or Shift + Esc and chose Import String Table. You need to check where the original string tables are imported to, don't know that from the top of my head right now.

TheCoCe thanks for information. Maybe later on, developers can automatically read the name of the language files and allow the languages to be added to the game. For example tr_TR (Turkish / Turkey), pt_BR (Portuguese / Brazil).

ISO 639-1 is a standardized nomenclature used to classify languages. Detailed information is available on the following link.

wikizeroo.net/index.php?q=aHR0…9vZl9JU09fNjM5LTFfY29kZXM

Best Regards

Hasan Alp İNAN

The post was edited 1 time, last by Alp ().

• For interested people, we have setup a GIT we use to translate the files to french, it could be used to translate to other languages in other branches ... Just contact us in english on discord : discord.gg/CtT2mhe
    AMD Ryzen 2700X + Corsair H100x - 16Gb Ram - Curial 500Go SSD - Gigabyte RTX2080Ti Waterforce 11Go - 32'' FullHD Monitor - Logitech Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle with 2 side controllers

:S
    My English is not perfect, thank you for being indulgent...
    Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, Danke für ihr Verständnis...
    :S