Performance drop compared 0.2.x to 0.3.x and 0.4.x on nVidia cards

• Performance drop compared 0.2.x to 0.3.x and 0.4.x on nVidia cards

I cannot active the performance change. game moves the same even worst in some ceases , all settings on low. If you have 1 AI (if you manage to convince him to work) in your back and you are in harvester you get 25-35 FPS and you freeze spikes and you cannot see the crops in front of you (all settings at low) If you play at medium details you gain visibility and you can see what you are doing but FPS drop to 15 - 20 - 30 depends where you are looking
    Fog is all the time in the night (Fog forms when the difference between air temperature and dew point is less than 2.5 °C (4.5 °F) )
    IT JUST WORKS
  • Hi,

are you using AMD graphics card? Then this thread could be of interest for you:
    Performance Verschlechterung nach Upgrade von 0.2.6.0 auf 0.3.0.0 im Spiel und beim Laden der Map

Summary: AMD GPU performance is bad because of bad driver. With new engine there are now things visible (grass, plants) which were not visible before the Tombstone update so this is the reason for losing performance.

Regards
    Nachtfalke
  • Funny... I gained a solid 10-12 fps, pretty much everywhere. - Nividia
    Nothin' Runs Like A Deere When It's Gettin' Chased By A Magnum

Display Spoiler

i7 6700k @4.6 ghz w/ 360mm AIO liquid cooler
    32gb Corsair Vengance 3200mhz
    2 Asus Strix GTX 1070's w/ HB Bridge
    Asus Maximus Hero VIII
    Corsair HX 850i
    256gb Samsung 960 Evo (Boot)
    512gb Samsung 860 Pro (Games and Programs)
    1tb WD Black (Recordings)
    2 2tb WD Red (Mass Storage & Back-ups)
    Asus Blu-Ray Burner
    Corsair 780T
    APC 1500VA UPS w/ additional battery
  • gheazu wrote:

I cannot active the performance change. game moves the same even worst in some ceases , all settings on low. If you have 1 AI (if you manage to convince him to work) in your back and you are in harvester you get 25-35 FPS and you freeze spikes and you cannot see the crops in front of you (all settings at low) If you play at medium details you gain visibility and you can see what you are doing but FPS drop to 15 - 20 - 30 depends where you are looking
    Fog is all the time in the night (Fog forms when the difference between air temperature and dew point is less than 2.5 °C (4.5 °F) )
    Hello,

did you notice any changes between 0.3.x and 0.4.0.6 when looking at your FPS? Probably you cannot well compare it if you do not have the exact same position in the game as you had when you did the first tests.

I am curious that @rubberburner89 noticed performance improvements and you performance loss with nVidia cards. We know that from AMD cards because the driver had a bug and did not display all textures so more performance in older CNC versions.

and it latest 0.4.0.6 version there were some adjustments according view distance of objects so perhaps this did change something on your systems.

Regards
    Nachtfalke
  • @Nachtfalke
    Don`t want to start something bad here, any game that canto do 60FPS is unplayable for my point and this game is in that bag at this point, as well as it dos not have proper steering wheel support i cannot bother to play this game. I still wait for that next generation game.
    Still needs allot of TLC from driving movement UI (proper English translation) Sound . it is a huge mess after 2 years (pretty shore i read something in 2015 about C&N)
    Any way i lost hope in them.
    Take care and see you in a few months.
    IT JUST WORKS