The Animal Side Of CnC

• The Animal Side Of CnC

I was thinking about the animal side of Cnc recently, We have seen some stuff now for field work and I was wondering what sort of stuff can we come to expect about the animals and the management of them and how in depth will it be.

- Will there be silage grading and will this effect the Output of growth?
      - can you create a treatment plan for any sick animals in your herd?
      - Will TB Restrictions Be a thing?
      - And many other things....

So What is everyone else hoping to get out of the animal side of CnC?
      Feed the World... One Field At a Time :thumbsup:

CnC Roadmap sorted by Milestones
    • Do we know yet if the Cnc Herd Will be milking, Beef Or both

Well I do know herd Medical care will be part of the game, like problems with ticks and the cold. But It would be great if you had to make sure that all the herd was vaccinated for common diseases on the due dates. Even if it was a automatic thing that workers did on certain days of the year making them unavailable for a set amount of time

Feed the World... One Field At a Time :thumbsup:

CnC Roadmap sorted by Milestones

The post was edited 2 times, last by AgriMax1998: Added About Diseases ().

• ChiloopaBatman wrote:

It's so weird, I'm so certain that I've read something about dairy production in CnC, but I can't for the life of me find it. Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it will be part of the game, but I really don't have anything to base it upon, haha.
      I've written about dairy production a couple of times in different threds. It's something i really hope too see in the game one day. I've made this thred dedicated too dairyfarming.
    • I think it would definitely be good in the end to have a thorough simulation on animal husbandry.

Say with sheep, you would have to mules/crutch and sheer sheep etc. It's a bit strange in most farm sim games as they work more like a feed lot than anything I've ever experienced in farming. In Australia our paddocks are fenced and the sheep roam free on say 100+ acre paddocks and are moved around during the season depending on cropping rotations.

• My biggist complaint with farming sim games, is cattle pastures aren't big enough and the grass in the pasture never goes away. That's just a few things that I would like to see added to CNC. Also where I live in Kentucky, most farmers have multiple pastures. So, that they can rotate their herds a couple times a year. Keeping cows on the same pasture all the time causes deseases.
    • Farmerman1965 wrote:

My biggist complaint with farming sim games, is cattle pastures aren't big enough and the grass in the pasture never goes away. That's just a few things that I would like to see added to CNC. Also where I live in Kentucky, most farmers have multiple pastures. So, that they can rotate their herds a couple times a year. Keeping cows on the same pasture all the time causes deseases.
      Maybe in kentucky you have to move your cattle but in the UK it is quite common to put cattle out onto a pasture and leave them there all summer. My issue is the field size and the no connection to cow numbers. so i can have 1000 cattle but i'll only see 20 of them on a tiny paddock. I would like to see real cattle numbers so if you want more cattle you will have to build a bigger shed and put more of the fields into grass. I don't think CnC will do this though, well i haven't seen any sign of it yet....
    • mmmBetty wrote:

As said previously I would love to be able to put Cattle in different pastures also. The way all arm games have worked so far is more of a feed lot style. To be able to fence off and put cattle and sheep on different paddocks would be a great addition.

JohnKalel wrote:

Farmerman1965 wrote:

My biggist complaint with farming sim games, is cattle pastures aren't big enough and the grass in the pasture never goes away. That's just a few things that I would like to see added to CNC. Also where I live in Kentucky, most farmers have multiple pastures. So, that they can rotate their herds a couple times a year. Keeping cows on the same pasture all the time causes deseases.
      Maybe in kentucky you have to move your cattle but in the UK it is quite common to put cattle out onto a pasture and leave them there all summer. My issue is the field size and the no connection to cow numbers. so i can have 1000 cattle but i'll only see 20 of them on a tiny paddock. I would like to see real cattle numbers so if you want more cattle you will have to build a bigger shed and put more of the fields into grass. I don't think CnC will do this though, well i haven't seen any sign of it yet....
      Yes I think you should be able to move your livestock to different pastures especially if the pastures aren't big enough to support X amount of cow for a whole season, here I'm thinking about the grass not being able to keep up and/or other issues like getting sick from eating "tainted" grass with pathogens, something that a big field could prevent but it's not always possible to do that because the field near stables might not be that big and you would then have to move the livestock to different pastures.

Well we wouldn't really know much about how CnC will handle higher numbers of livestock since they haven't talked about it yet, which would explain your "missing" signs ;) so until we get the animal patch we wont know anything about that

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram