deleted post

• It's pretty simple: If you want a brand in your game, you need to buy a license allowing you to use their name and brand in commercial circumstance.

This means less money to improve gameplay, physics, maps etc. Right now I think CnC already have partnered brands who covers the same area of agricultural equipment as Pichon and therefor it would not be wise to spend money on a brand license you already have covered.

So for now I'd prefer focus on gameplay rather than brands and instead let the modders work their magic :)
    • mmmBetty wrote:

While it's a good idea and I'm all for extra brands, they already have partners which make the same sort of equipment.

Also don't forget that we will be able to make mods for the game.... maybe their DLC's will be brand DLC's that include a heap of equipment from a certain manufacturer, that would be pretty cool.

Currently the only slurry tanker offered in the game is far from being as technically interesting to me as the pictures I published. And on FS no talented modder has created realistic Pichon equipment, most of the time it was skins. And I am very attached to this particular brand.

ChiloopaBatman wrote:

It's pretty simple: If you want a brand in your game, you need to buy a license allowing you to use their name and brand in commercial circumstance.

This means less money to improve gameplay, physics, maps etc. Right now I think CnC already have partnered brands who covers the same area of agricultural equipment as Pichon and therefor it would not be wise to spend money on a brand license you already have covered.

So for now I'd prefer focus on gameplay rather than brands and instead let the modders work their magic :)

On the other hand it is an excellent advertising medium for the brand so I imagine that these are conditions that need to be discussed.
      And for me the big problem of FS are the many mods of poor quality and that create bugs in the game, and quality mods that are very rare. And sometimes the modders do not share their creations for all sorts of reasons, it was the case for some slurry tankers of this brand. The modders of Cattle and Crops have proved that they are very talented, I do not want anymore to request all from the community of modders, so I want Pichon to become a partner of CnC, to get quality machines.

Maciej wrote:

Maybe first request to Pichon about your initiative? Then, after positive feedback you should talk about it here.

I know they are interested in seeing their machines in a simulation game, I think they are running out of time to go further in the process. But they are ready to provide the plans to the CnC team to replicate their equipment.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Taco29 ().

• Taco29 wrote:

On the other hand it is an excellent advertising medium for the brand so I imagine that these are conditions that need to be discussed.
      And for me the big problem of FS are the many mods of poor quality and that create bugs in the game, and quality mods that are very rare. And sometimes the modders do not share their creations for all sorts of reasons, it was the case for some slurry tankers of this brand. The modders of Cattle and Crops have proved that they are very talented, I do not want anymore to request all from the community of modders, so I want Pichon to become a partner of CnC, to get quality machines.

I know they are interested in seeing their machines in a simulation game, I think they are running out of time to go further in the process. But they are ready to provide the plans to the CnC team to replicate their equipment.
      If CnC can get a really cheap or even free license to use their products in the game, you won't hear me complain. I just don't think they should go out of their way to do it, when they already have partnered with Kaweco, Joskin and Stabel who all make high-end slurry equipment.

As for the modding community in CnC it's hard to say what will happen, but so far it looks like modding is gonna be much easier in CnC than with Giants. A lot of the tool are easy to get into, which means more mods and more quality mods.
    • Taco29 wrote:

Ok, let's play German brands simulator
      On the same note... "Ok, let's play European brands simulator".

They are, of course, going to have more German brands since the company is located in Germany.

At this point in time I think they really don't need to take on more models and brands. I would love some Australian brands too but I don't see that happening anytime soon (if ever) either.

I have still "signed" the petition regardless as wit never hurts to ask.

• 20mmNormandy wrote:

Come on guys, we don't need more vehicles, if you want them in game mod them.
      First you need a working game, that's priority #1, after that they can start adding more vehicles and implements.
      (and im sure i saw a Joskin tank model for this game too, not only the Stapel one)
      Yep MBB have chosen farly common brands and choice is nice but there is a game to finish but when the game is done, MBB can think about adding more brands . :)
      To make a good game takes and patients and time :)
    • for the time being let MBB get what they have done.

also a number of currant brands are well known for being approachable and are familiar with licencing their name and machine likeness in games and the positive brand awareness it brings that they may lower or even wave their "fees".

once C&C becomes a fully fledged game it will be easer for MBB to negotiate their position with other less common brands, and will also no doubt have other brands make inquiries of MBB about including their equipment.

one thing I will say, the more board a spectrum of competing brands you have making the same type of machines, you can argue that the simulation element will become less, because each competing brand of similar function machine/s will believe theirs should be better (cheaper to run over time, less prone to getting stuck, uses less fuel, more durable etc etc), while having fewer competing brand machines dose give MBB a freer hand to adjudge "performance" within their simulated environment.

the only way to mitigate competing brand machines is e.g. to never have very alike power/weight tractors from multiple competing brands, so e.g. you would want to avoid having multiple brands offering 160hp tractors pegged at 5t to 5.5t unballasted mass, instead with multiple brands would need one brand covering e.g. ~4.5t unballasted mass, another covering 5.25t unballasted mass, and another covering 6t unballasted mass all at 160hp, as then you have logical argument as to what tasks are they equal and what tasks are they not assuming a tyre size that gave all and equal ground pressure for their unballasted mass, and at a differing power level/unballasted mass point you pick tractor modals from each brand that change the order of unballasted mass for a given power.
    • mmmBetty wrote:

At this point in time I think they really don't need to take on more models and brands.

20mmNormandy wrote:

What a disappointment to read your reviews. We do not have the same point of view on mods at all.
      For me to request everything from modders is an old model. I want a lot more official content, CnC designers are the most talented modders. I want impeccable content and guaranteed quality. I wanted Pichon equipments to be part of the final version of the game, not DLC so that a maximum number of players can enjoy it.
      Look at CnC's trailers and 3D vehicles, or the 3D of the Claas Axion 900: it is a 3D quality and textures that no modder had offered us so far.
      I wanted a campaign mode with a farm of the 70s that we upgrade until today, with materials of all ages. Instead, we are going to have only new material that brands want to put forward.

In the model it is a new Farming simulator, it is a disappointment. I want the developers to listen more the opinions of the players, otherwise it will be a disappointment like FS.
    • Taco29 wrote:

mmmBetty wrote:

At this point in time I think they really don't need to take on more models and brands.

20mmNormandy wrote:

What a disappointment to read your reviews. We do not have the same point of view on mods at all.For me to request everything from modders is an old model. I want a lot more official content, CnC designers are the most talented modders. I want impeccable content and guaranteed quality. I wanted Pichon equipments to be part of the final version of the game, not DLC so that a maximum number of players can enjoy it.
      Look at CnC's trailers and 3D vehicles, or the 3D of the Claas Axion 900: it is a 3D quality and textures that no modder had offered us so far.
      I wanted a campaign mode with a farm of the 70s that we upgrade until today, with materials of all ages. Instead, we are going to have only new material that brands want to put forward.

In the model it is a new Farming simulator, it is a disappointment. I want the developers to listen more the opinions of the players, otherwise it will be a disappointment like FS.
      Calm down mate. We all want more machines and more brands BUT the thing is that currently the main focus should be to just get the game out and actually finishing up the rest of the 3D models. They are already 2 months behind schedule. You also need to remember that even if you manage to get Pichon to give MBB the license to use their machines they still need to create them and that wont happen until everything else is done.

I'm perfectly okay with people suggesting brands and equipment to have in the game but don't start demanding it, that will get you nowhere.

They will add a campaign mode with quests and story mode BUT that's set to be made for milestone 4 so some time before 1.0 release so how about we let them release the actual EA game first ;) and of course they'll start out with giving us newish machines to begin with. They'll hopefully be a be able to add older machines as a dlc or something at some point but do not expect that to happen this year.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say this game is like FS? The base game is based around farming but that's about it. We are getting dynamic terrain, we are getting nice looking models, we are getting IC, we are getting realistic elements like manual attaching, soil structure, dynamic weather, seasons and much more. So saying this is like FS would be like saying that a boat is the same as a plane. Lastly they do listen to us and the new community manager will be taking care of us now and relay stuff we talk about to the devs.

Again it's perfectly okay to ask if some new brands etc can/should be added to the game and it would be nice to see some less known brands added to the game. Yes some of the responses was a bit aggressive but there is no need to answer them aggressively.

Lastly this post is not meant to sound/look aggressive.

Edit: I'll also add that I think that people was a bit quick to shoot this thread down. All he was asking was if people would like to see this brand in the game. He/she didn't at any point in the OP say that he/she wanted it to be in the game right now.

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jeytav ().

• samgun95 wrote:

Yep MBB have chosen farly common brands and choice is nice but there is a game to finish but when the game is done, MBB can think about adding more brands . :)
      I doubt it's a case of MBB choosing the specific brands, but more a case of what brands they can get as of now. Many companies are very hesitant licensing their brands to unproven products. This is where MBB is at right now, I know we who backed the project feel different, but the fact of the matter is that to a big company CnC is right now unproven and no one really knows where this ends. If CnC is a succes and proves that it's a great game and it's sell a lot of copies, THEN the companies will start showing interest and even offer their brands to MBB because they can see it's a genuine possibility for promoting their brand.
    • I'm a green tractor with yella wheels man myself .... the reality it there is a long road to go here.
      So the OP, fair enough, I liked your post but I think also that I would like maybe 100 more posts for other brands too.

MBB obviously made decisions so far on the in game machinery and I don't think all slots are sorted. So the future is unwritten.

To those expressing concern that MBB might get overburdened ... I think MBB are well able to manage their work and they know their priorities LOL

MBB are a modder friendly developer ... this is the big thing here.
      Go Handy & Give 'er Lolly
    • JackWall wrote:

I'm a green tractor with yella wheels man myself .... the reality it there is a long road to go here.

MBB are a modder friendly developer ... this is the big thing here.
      1. Oh yes there is a long way to the green with the yellow wheels :) Especially taken in mind they are pretty much the equivalent to Apple, neither of them wants to work with others than them selves. It's a very popular brand though and there will without a doubt be made some really good JD mods :)

2. That's spot on and this is one of the best things about this game, it's seems that the modability is almost infinite and very easy to approach. This will imho mean that we will have so many great mods to come and the quality will be much higher when it's easier to approach.