0.2.5.0 Straw Update

• 0.2.5.0 Straw Update

Today’s update is all about bales and the straw swath. There are new machines like the Claas Quadrant 3200 RC bale press, the Joskin Wago D15 bale wagon and the Hammer 5000 bale fork.

The front loader and the front loader controls
      have been reworked completely. You can now use the Euro controls, as you know it from reality. The axes, tipping angles and velocities have been adjusted. A parallel guide has been implemented, if you tilt the bale fork at 10 degrees for example, the front loader keeps its direction when you change the height. This should enable comfortable working!
      In addition the collision of the front loader has been revised, it can’t fall through the floor any longer.

Freeze: the ones who might find the cautious handling of the bales too arduous can use the “freeze function” for the trailer or the bale fork. The bales are rigidly fixated and don’t slip out of position. You can find the function on the right hand side in the Useraction HUD with a new button as well as in the control options where you can assign a key. You can enable and disable the feature in the Gameplay menu. An optical display of the load restraint will follow later.

Auto collect: You don’t want to load the bales in a realistic manner? Then you can use this function with the trailer or the bale fork, drive close to a bale which is then automatically and professionally stacked. You can find this option on the right hand side in the UserAction HUD with a new button as well as in the control options where you can assign a key.

Auto collect and freeze in combination: collected bales aren’t frozen automatically. When you put new bales on the trailer next to ones which are already frozen, you can use the freeze feature again to fixate them as well. When all bales are fastened, they can be loosened again by activating the freeze function anew.

Clogging of the press: when you drive faster than 20 km/h, another fill level is being displayed in the lower right corner. The more you drive too fast, the more the pickup of the press is clogged and it stops in the end. Then you have to switch off the press, exit the vehicle and clear the pickup in the middle via CabControl. Afterwards you can get in again, activate the press and keep on driving. The option to deactivate this feature in the options is presumably following in the next update.

In the options under Gameplay it is now possible to enable and disable functions like auto collect and freeze as you wish. What is new here is that the UserAction buttons in the right HUD are hidden when the function is being deactivated.

Bales have weight and therefore a noticeable impact on the handling. When you’re standing next to a bale and press the ALT key, the bale HUD is called up.

Laying swath: The Tucano can no lay swath by activating the “cycle straw spreader position” twice.

In case you want to test a feature quickly or you’re running out of money, here’s a list of some console commands, with which you can speed things up. You can call up the ingame console by default with the “^” key:

• skipCondition (Jumps to the next quest step). You can also assign this command to a key and finish single quest steps by pressing it. For the key “0” you can for example put in: bind 0 “skipCondition”
      • setPlayerLevel 99 (increases the player level, e.g. for a bigger vehicle fleet, in this case 99)
      • goldencrops (Increases the account balance by 10.000.000)
      • cmd (a list of more console commands)
      • Interesting for modders: With “body” you can now display the collision shapes in the game

Generally speaking it is helpful, if you save in a new save game slot before you test, start new work steps or start missions.

Known issues:
      • The sounds of the Quadrant are missing at the moment and will follow later
      • Bales can jump sometimes when they are auto collected or frozen
      • Sometimes you have to get the Quadrant to harvest again, despite of a clogged pickup.
      • There is still a problem with the pressing of different fruits in succession, at the moment you have to reset the baler via the vehicle fleet menu before you can press another crop variety.
      • You have to hit the bale in the middle in order to skewer it. Above or below the middle there is collision with the bale.
      • Bales slide on an uneven surface on the trailer when they’re not frozen. We are working on this issue at the moment.
      • Swath is always placed with the same visual volume, independent of the cutting width.
      • Sometimes there are yellow boxes on the edge of a field.
      • We are already working on a hot fix!

You can find changes, bug fixes and news in our changelog as always.

We’re looking forward to your feedback!

The MBB team

Changelog:
      • NEW: Baler Claas Quadrant 3200 RC
      • NEW: Trailer Joskin Wago D 15
      • NEW: Balefork Hammer Bale Fork 5000
      • NEW: Straw square bales, can be produced with the Claas Quadrant
      • NEW: Swath - can be placed on the field with the combine and made into bales with the press
      • NEW: Bale mission - get to know the new functions and machines
      • NEW: Bale trade - Here you can sell your bales, the trader is located at the harbor Sale price, quantity and total weight are displayed at the top of the screen before the selling
      • NEW: Physical bale handling - Bales have weight and behave accordingly when handled
      • NEW: Freeze function - Bales can be frozen on the trailer and the fork and stay in their position
      • NEW: Bale auto collect function for trailer and fork
      • NEW: It is now possible to switch functions like auto collect, freeze and clogging on and off in “Gameplay”. A new feature is that the UserAction buttons in the HUD on the right side are hidden when a function is being deactivated
      • NEW: Borderless Window Mode can now be set in the graphics settings. When you’re in this mode you can for example switch faster from the program to other applications by pressing Alt+Tab
      • NEW: Distance textures of stubbles, swath and fruit have been color-coordinated

• BUG FIX: The turning maneuver of the plowing worker has been revised, now multiple workers can plow at the same time
      • BUG FIX: At the headland, the worker rotates the plow into the correct direction now
      • BUG FIX: Machines that are spawned through the console command “machine” can now be sold
      • BUG FIX: The cursor doesn’t jump to the middle of the screen when you switch between tabs like “Employees” or “Vehicles”
      • BUG FIX: Machines shouldn’t disappear after a save game has been loaded
      • BUG FIX: The console command “dirt” is working again
      • BUG FIX: A worker starts working, even if other workers haven’t left the field yet
      • BUG FIX: The passing maneuver of two workers cultivating at the same time has been revised. There shouldn’t be any problems when one tractor/trailer combination has a smaller cultivator or a stronger tractor
      • BUG FIX: The crash that occurred when leaving the pause menu has been fixed
      • BUG FIX: The Lemken Juwel draws a plough line again
      • BUG FIX: The problem that files with longer names weren’t loaded correctly, has been fixed
      • BUG FIX: The Arion sound loop when fully accelerating has been fixed

• CHANGE: Missions were partially displayed in the wrong language, this has been fixed
      • CHANGE: The chaser shouldn’t inhibit the combine any longer when it’s performing a turning maneuver
      • CHANGE: The game isn’t rendered any longer when you are in the pause menu. This provides stabilization with the FPS, especially if you work in the World Editor
      • CHANGE: When a vehicle is respawned after falling through the map, the forces that affect the vehicle, are reset
      • CHANGE: You can now purchase at the trader/trading window when you have two trailers (e.g. Strautmann)
      • CHANGE: Due to a better performance, the reversing lights of tractors are now switched off when exiting the vehicle
    • CallMeMegalo wrote:

JavitoGP wrote:

Neither the farming simulator exists as a base game, an automatic straw bale trailer.
      Cattle And Crops by default includes arcade features, such as automatic collection of straw bales.

disappointed me
      Just don't use it, no one forces you to use UAL in FS either!

FS It is not based on an automatic trailer.
      The rest are modding.

And also it includes attachment belt in tow ...
    • Hi guys, I have not tested yet but I will try to test it tonight.

In principle, I wanted to thank you, the MBB team.

Indeed guys, what you need to understand is that no matter the way you play the game, it's a great thing all these scripts that are built into the game, all these scripts that modders have not to code themselves. Remember all your mods problems on FS that originated from the scripts that are bugged or that are incompatible between them: it is all the interest to have bet on CnC: the development takes time but against will have a quality of gameplay and incredible features, ideally modders only have to create 3D and textures, integrate the mod to the game, but no scripts to produce then, eventually it should be a great solution.

It's perfect, thank you

edit : I can't rent the Claas Quadrant

The post was edited 1 time, last by Taco29 ().

• Hey MBB, great update. Was wondering if we'll be seeing a round baler any time soon. Keep up the great work and looking forward to the grassland update.
      UserBenchmarks: Game 93%, Desk 73%, Work 82%
      CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - 75.2%
      GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 - 104.2%
      SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB - 64.8%
      HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2016) - 106.1%
      RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 2133 C15 2x8GB - 77.7%
      MBD: MSI A320M GAMING PRO (MS-7A39)
      :thumbsup:
    • JavitoGP wrote:

CallMeMegalo wrote:

JavitoGP wrote:

Neither the farming simulator exists as a base game, an automatic straw bale trailer.
      Cattle And Crops by default includes arcade features, such as automatic collection of straw bales.

disappointed me
      Just don't use it, no one forces you to use UAL in FS either!
      FS It is not based on an automatic trailer.
      The rest are modding.

And also it includes attachment belt in tow ...
      How is C&C "based on automatic trailer" explain me that?

Yes, it's a possibility IF YOU WANT IT, if you don't than you can turn it off. So what if it's an integrated part of the game. Not everyone have the time or urge to spend time on picking up bales. I really don't see the problem. It just adds more options to how you want to play the game. This is a non-problem and if you don't have the imagination to ignore the option, the problem is really yours, not C&C's.

EDIT:

"And also it includes attachment belt in tow ..."

You are aware that C&C is in development, right? Tension belts will be added in time. Comparing FS and C&C in it's current state is pointless, the game isn't finished yet and FS has a 10 year head start. The fact the FS hasn't added Autoload yet is a mystery to me.

The post was edited 2 times, last by CallMeMegalo ().

• Not sure if your aware, but the hose at the sewage plant doesn't attach to the slurry tanker anymore, and the hoses on the silage buckets don't attach to the front loader. and the attach point on the xl silage bucket are way off.
      UserBenchmarks: Game 93%, Desk 73%, Work 82%
      CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - 75.2%
      GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 - 104.2%
      SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB - 64.8%
      HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2016) - 106.1%
      RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 2133 C15 2x8GB - 77.7%
      MBD: MSI A320M GAMING PRO (MS-7A39)
      :thumbsup:
    • AI still broken... /sigh.
      If we need to completely delete the profile and start over every time, please say so.

Create task, worker goes to field, drives to finish point, and goes home.
      On field 3 after having harvested it from the mission, then ignoring the missions, since that harvest mission was also a disaster. AI running in to itself etc.
      Which used to work really well........

Probably a workaround somewhere.
      Just have to let development continue I guess.

Looks very nice, performance seems to be better, bale handling feels pretty good.
      Good progress overall, keep at it.
      It will get there eventually. But today is not that day.
      R5 3900x / Crosshair 6 Hero / 32 GB Gskill FlareX 3200 / Vega 64 LC/ Samsung 960 Evo NVMe
      M.2 500GB / Samsung 840 Evo Sata 6 500Gb / 1TB WD Blue / Thermaltake 360mm AIO
      / Corsair HX 850w / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / Win10 Home 64 bit / LG 34UM88C 3440 x 1440 21 x 9 monitor.
    • I remember that from previous patches now thanks for reminding me of that.

Giving the team a month or two between playing so I had forgotten.

Pretty solid progress over time though.
      And I can turn tesselation back on for my Vega card so it doesn't look like crap, yay!
      R5 3900x / Crosshair 6 Hero / 32 GB Gskill FlareX 3200 / Vega 64 LC/ Samsung 960 Evo NVMe
      M.2 500GB / Samsung 840 Evo Sata 6 500Gb / 1TB WD Blue / Thermaltake 360mm AIO
      / Corsair HX 850w / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / Win10 Home 64 bit / LG 34UM88C 3440 x 1440 21 x 9 monitor.
    • I love love love the parallel guide of the fork/bucket!! We really needed that function, it is great great great that it' s implemented. Although it leads to some unwanted behavior on my steam controller:

Since the update my controls of the front loader is slowed down extremely. I use up and down on the analog joystick for movement (and a multi button for secondary movements). This worked until the update. The only way now for the 'fast' movement speeds as we were used to, is the right mouse move style of input.

Problem is that I use left trigger for both reverse driving (primary) and rmb (as secondary multibutton).
      So with the "updated settings" i can not both reverse-drive and move my loader at the same time. But when i use my analog joystick i can use both analog inputs together at the same time but my loader only moves in a very slow manner. Besides that it feels a lot harder and more distracting trying to do it with a mouse, i preferred my joystick.

I would love some reaction so i can set up my controller properly. I hope once i can upload it on steam (when i feel it is worth it). I've made a lot of multibutton things (i can easily use blinkers and flashlight on my controller xD) and i fully use the 3 analog inputs of the controller. Until now it was all working great.

I need some help, (what is euro control for example) Thanks.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tar ().

• Tar wrote:

Since the update my controls of the front loader is slowed down
      extremely. I use up and down on the analog joystick for movement (and a
      multi button for secondary movements). This worked until the update. The
      only way now for the 'fast' movement speeds as we were used to, is the
      right mouse move style of input.
      Any clue to change this controls back? Any experience with joystick bindings, Or should i start a new topic about this issue?
    • The speed of the front loader was deliberately slowed down in order to experience a more realistic way of playing.
      Have you reduced the sensitivity of the joystick even further?
      Or have you set a too large death zone?
      AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 32GB DDR4 3800Mhz, Gigabyte X570 Elite, AMD Radeon RX 6900XT, BeQuiet! Straight Power 850W, BeQuiet! Pure Base 500DX weiß, 3x 27" Dell WQHD Monitore, Saitek Seitenkons., CSL DD, HP Reverb G2