Alternative attaching at the three-point hitch

• Alternative attaching at the three-point hitch

Thank you all for the constructive feedback regarding our Gameplay: Mission #1 video from last Saturday. Especially the comments about the automatic attachment of accessory equipment were stuck on our minds - despite the sunny Sunday weather - because it is an important topic for us as well.

What we’re showing in our videos is not our final vision of a simulation, but rather the current development status. As you know, we want Cattle and Crops to be as close to reality as possible and improve the game continually with the help of your feedback.
      In the last video you just had to maneuver the tractor close enough to the equipment and could attach it with a keystroke immediately. Yesterday morning we had a little brainstorming session and were able, due to the good editor- and scripting options our engine provides, to integrate a solution into the game that enables manual coupling of machinery. We present to you the result in our latest devlog. All in all: alternative attaching-feature 50% finished :)
      We wish you a wonderful week!

PS: Roadmap update
    • Awesome! I bow before you MBB team. In the sunny sunday..... I admire them.

I think, we should let them free weekends :D or I don't want to see their girlfriend's or wife's reactions, when it still goes on this way :) :) :) .

Even so, thanks a lot for a fast and great reaction. ;)

P.S.: Thats how I imagine it. I love it. Hope it will be similar with combine or forager attachers.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dylan81 ().

• So, a few things I liked besides the manual attaching.

I loved the small icons in the dash board lighting up depending on what parts were active etc. I also loved that the reverser was fully animated.

I also liked that the tractors UI(speedometer etc) is only present when you are using the exterior camera and it also looks pretty nice.
      The fact that the tractors UI is not present in the cab helps with the immersion but if possibly it would be nice if you could add a small gps in the cab, where the mini map will be present when you are using the in cab camera, again purely for immersion.

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • Dylan81 wrote:

Awesome! I bow before you MBB team. In the sunny sunday..... I admire them.

I think, we should let them free weekends :D or I don't want to see their girlfriend's or wife's reactions, when it still goes on this way :) :) :) .

Even so, thanks a lot for a fast and great reaction. ;)

P.S.: Thats how I imagine it. I love it. Hope it will be similar with combine or forager attachers.
      I would think MBB would impliment it for combines and forage harvesters can't see why not. :)
      To make a good game takes and patients and time :)
    • oh oh while we are on the subject.

This needs to be a thing for trailers as well, backing up to the trailer, maybe having the option to adjust the height of the boom(they can sometimes loose pressure or even sink into the ground) then back further up, drop the peg into the hole and then attach the hydraulic hoses(if the support leg is hydraulically adjusted then you need to attach them to the tractor before you can adjust the hight and put in the peg of course)

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • Jeytav wrote:

oh oh while we are on the subject.

This needs to be a thing for trailers as well, backing up to the trailer, maybe having the option to adjust the height of the boom(they can sometimes loose pressure or even sink into the ground) then back further up, drop the peg into the hole and then attach the hydraulic hoses(if the support leg is hydraulically adjusted then you need to attach them to the tractor before you can adjust the hight and put in the peg of course)
      That would be so nice .
    • I love this and the new MBB approach to the community, now we are almost drowning in responses :) It's great! And thank you for letting our voices be heard and not be dicks about a little complaining here and there :)

I really like this new hitching, I've tried this so many times and I got the right feel from the video. Can't wait until we get the EA and later the final product (if such a thing ever exists).

The post was edited 1 time, last by ChiloopaBatman ().

• Well another update!! what another welcomed surprise and a good one at that. I'm intrigued to find out if this kind of unhitching/hitching control can be done from inside the cab too looking out the back window for example. (Obviously except for pipes/pto etc). One thing I think we can be assured of is that no matter how good a job we/MBB think has been done will be that the developers aren't going to rest on their morales and by what has been said all along they will always look into how to improve and better our experience, good job MBB
    • roadrunner wrote:

this is just beautiful. now there is only one thing there are naging me and that is the sound of the tractors.will they be better hope so. but the project seems to be going the right way.
      they said it will

I really don't understand some posts on the forum (not yours roadrunner, your ques is ok) made by people complaining like if the video is showing the final release or something like that, this is an alpha stage, there is a lot to be done and we all know it, that's why it is still an alpha.
    • Howlygoddammendcrappyshit! This looks so awful awesome, even in this early state! Loved it on first sight!

By the way: seems like the game getting in playable shape, would it be to early to ask for an animation for the dis-/mounting procedure of a vehicle?
      It gives me a little loss seeing the player just pop in an out his tractor while everything else seems simulated so properly.

Does anyone know, ifthere already plans for a feature like that?
    • distasio wrote:

roadrunner wrote:

this is just beautiful. now there is only one thing there are naging me and that is the sound of the tractors.will they be better hope so. but the project seems to be going the right way.
      they said it will
      I really don't understand some posts on the forum (not yours roadrunner, your ques is ok) made by people complaining like if the video is showing the final release or something like that, this is an alpha stage, there is a lot to be done and we all know it, that's why it
      oh okay i had not read that anywhere but i was hopeing for better sound.. and i know what you mean but thanks for info distasio
      RoadrunnerR74 on steam if anyone want to know n :love: :thumbsup:
    • distasio wrote:

roadrunner wrote:

they said it will
      I really don't understand some posts on the forum (not yours roadrunner, your ques is ok) made by people complaining like if the video is showing the final release or something like that, this is an alpha stage, there is a lot to be done and we all know it, that's why it is still an alpha.
      I can not and will not speak for others. But for myself I will speak out if I see something out of place. Alpha or not. The point of Alpha and Beta testing is to get feedback. If I were a developer, I would be looking out for anything my viewers and fan base might pick up which I may or may not have missed. If they didn't want our feedback, they would not post. period.

Of course --- there are still those who complain just to complain, and I hate those. Proper feedback is not only pointing something out, but providing a solution as well. If a solution is not provided, then it is indeed just needless whining and should always be ignored.

Anyway, back on topic, I love this video and love these new features. What I love even more is the recent move to have a community manager to bring us this news. I know the silence was causing quite the stir on my stream every time the subject of C&C came up. So the recent updates I think have reinstated hope in a lot of people that were starting to think the whole thing was a hoax.

Nice work so far and I look forward to helping test as EA comes about.
      Faelandaea has been acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
    • Hang on a minute, I need to wipe this drool off my keyboard.....

Ok, now what I really want to say is how impressed I am with the reactivity and communication coming from you guys @masterbrain. It can be easy to get caught up in release dates, and supposed "promises", ETA's etc.... and forget the fact that we are backing a pre-alpha kickstarter. This kind of communication is immensely valuable to those of us just patiently waiting. Keep it up!! You guys are creating something that looks to be absolutely epic. I'm really looking forward to it, and am happy to be able to support it and watch it develop. Thanks for these updates.
    • Faelandaea wrote:

I can not and will not speak for others. But for myself I will speak out if I see something out of place. Alpha or not. The point of Alpha and Beta testing is to get feedback. If I were a developer, I would be looking out for anything my viewers and fan base might pick up which I may or may not have missed. If they didn't want our feedback, they would not post. period.
      Of course --- there are still those who complain just to complain, and I hate those. Proper feedback is not only pointing something out, but providing a solution as well. If a solution is not provided, then it is indeed just needless whining and should always be ignored.
      You absolutely should speak up. What has been nagging me is people complaining about the voice, when voice acting was one of the milestones reached in the kickstarter campaign. These people just didn't bother spending a little time reading the available information on the project, it's even there in pretty much every relevant language to the majority of the backers.

On the other side of the fence are people like you, and the overwhelming majority of this community, who actually spend the time looking through in the information and who are participating and contributes with constructive criticism. It's an absolute joy to be here and hang with a lot of cool and nice people who all share a common thing in CnC and a common interest in farming :)
    • ChiloopaBatman wrote:

Faelandaea wrote:

You absolutely should speak up. What has been nagging me is people complaining about the voice, when voice acting was one of the milestones reached in the kickstarter campaign. These people just didn't bother spending a little time reading the available information on the project, it's even there in pretty much every relevant language to the majority of the backers.
      On the other side of the fence are people like you, and the overwhelming majority of this community, who actually spend the time looking through in the information and who are participating and contributes with constructive criticism. It's an absolute joy to be here and hang with a lot of cool and nice people who all share a common thing in CnC and a common interest in farming :)
      I agree people don't think or look up before posting critisim on this forum most people are construtive and helpfull to devs but some pick at things like the voice and there being no EA release date with out waching the whole dev blog vid or reading the accompanying stament.Thats what rely gets me not beng bothered to watch a video or read information before commenting. Now we sould never be mean to them just politely point the in the right direction.

On the whole this community is very kind to each other and i hope it can stay this way.