Gameplay: Mission #1 Cultivating on our new development map

• Hmm I'm Not sure about C&C with this latest dev, I still wait with my breath held as to if this game actually lives up to previous hype which I had previously felt from videos before. In my opinion the videos were getting better but I don't feel like this latest one did. I couldn't help but keep thinking as I was watching the video that it wasn't a slightly scrubbed up version of farming simulator.

I'm hoping when the game comes around that it will have a lot more to show off and maybe it was just a poorly shot video I don't know, but I'll continue to keep faith in the team and this project and reserve my final opinion once version one of the game is released
    • Paul91 wrote:

Hmm I'm Not sure about C&C with this latest dev, I still wait with my breath held as to if this game actually lives up to previous hype which I had previously felt from videos before. In my opinion the videos were getting better but I don't feel like this latest one did. I couldn't help but keep thinking as I was watching the video that it wasn't a slightly scrubbed up version of farming simulator.

I'm hoping when the game comes around that it will have a lot more to show off and maybe it was just a poorly shot video I don't know, but I'll continue to keep faith in the team and this project and reserve my final opinion once version one of the game is released
      I think your confusion of the video quality lies with the fact it is not cinematic and nor is it the point to be cinematic. This is a gameplay video, made to show gameplay and not show off/sell the game. It might not be as visually pleasing as the previous ones, but it shows actual gameplay and that's a first.
    • I completely agree with Chiloopbatman and b101uk. I've always admired MMB for doing fairly unedited Game play videos and screen shots, they have never tried to over glamorize it. Unlike a lot of companies now a days. Its also nice having the tutorial video on the small dev map as doesn't spoil what the actual map will look like.
      Feed the World... One Field At a Time :thumbsup:

CnC Roadmap sorted by Milestones
    • So @masterbrain replied to some questions on the German forum and here it is in English, i took the liberty to rephrase some of the sentences :) I had some trouble translating 2 parts of the reply, I have said why in one and the other I just tried to translate to the best of my ability.

Q: Is there a way to upload the original video with the original quality for us to download? The compression of the video has made it a bit ”blurry/pixelated”.

A: We checked the render settings of the video. The compression(youtube) is clearly the reason for quality. Here are two original screenshots:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: ”Hofhund”: The HUD on the right shows all the functions of the Arion. Unfortunately it’s not possible to read it all correctly. I think everything can be controlled with ctrl+mouse or keys. Does anyone recognize the function at position 6, 8, 9 in the HUD?
      "Leksi": 6 is Rear Window, 8 is roof hatch, Not sure what 9 is.

A: 9 is the button for the sunroof. If the sun outside is too bright you can close it. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: What still ”annoys” me, is that you can hear the chirping of the birds inside the tractor. (the latter part of this question is a bit tricky to translate because I can’t find a translation of ”net”) Original: Das passt net, kann man aber sicher schnell ausschalten oder Mbb?

A: The chirping of the birds is still being worked on. The ambient noise in the cabin should become quieter later.
      The whole thing worked well until the beginning of this week, but we probably broke something when we installed the female robot voice. ;)

Q: In the test of the suspension in the video the suspension of the tractor looks quite well, but the cultivator doesnt move, the two lower linkage arms doesn’t ”wobble” from side to side. Things attached to 3 point hitch are not perfectly locked in place, it can move. If you have a fertilizer spreader or a sprayer attached you do fasten it with ”booms” so it can’t move.

A: At the moment the suspension is still very static, as you can see the tyres doesn’t compress like they would in real life.
      When you move around with a tractor and cultivator, a lot of things starts to play/interact with eachother which makes it hard get it to work properly. Things such as physics, performance, driving behavior etc all needs to be taken into account.
      But is is definitely on our list of dynamics that we want to bring to the team.

Q: New devmap? Does this mean it’s just a test map or will be be our EA map?

A: We developed the dev map for testing purposes. The roads are shorter, there are different sized and shaped fields and all purchase/sale point are in it. For this reason this map is not beautiful in any way.
      We are currently working on finishing the 2048.2048 map. Which is also planned to be released for the EA.

Q: Have you noticed that manuel switch? However, I thought that the Claas Arion 530 only had 6 gear stages and 4 groups. In the video the it also has C7. Correct me if I am wrong.

A: The C7 is due to the fact that we have developed a basic shift and transmission for all the machines. The realistic gearboxes will be made later, when we have the necessary time.

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jeytav ().

• This is great info @Jeytav, it seems like they really just want to get an EA going as soon as possible to keep the masses happy.

I think some people forget they backed a kickstarted project and the game is still in PRE-ALPHA right now basically the earliest stages of a game. I'm sure they would love to get all these things working but at the moment they will have to settle for "placeholders", I guess you could call them that.

• And they responded yet again on the german forum and here is what they had to say this time.

A few words about the sinking depth of the tires:

Right now the sinking depth(plowed, cultivated, sown ...) depends on the upper soil hardening and moisture.

In the final game other parameters such as soil type, tire pressure, tire width etc will also play a role.

We have initially decided on fixed values and would like to optimize them within the Early Access phase with your feedback on real templates
      ---

I gotta say I LOVE the fact you are talking more to us atm. So thanks MBB for taking some time out of your work schedule to discuss/inform us about stuff like this.

It's really nice to see that soil type and the moisture level is going to play a big role in the game together with the specs of your tires. This will make planning even better.

You have your schedule for this week filled and want to spray pesticide in the coming week but there has been reports of rain every single day in the coming week so you now have to decide if you are going to spray this week an then postpone some of the other jobs or if you are going to wait until it stops raining and the soil is dry enough so that you can drive on it with your care wheels without leaving deep tracks

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jeytav ().

• Great job Jeytav. I thought so.

Thats what I wanted to say. When I saw several negative replies at the weekend, I thought myself lets not be so hasty.

We are rating unfinished part. Many things will be updated and made better later. As written above, it seems like they want to finish EA as fast as possible, to start testing and chasing bugs.

Perhaps their only disadvantage is, that we don't know how exactly finished game will be and what features will take part. That is the reason of many questions, that some things are not as we anticipated etc. We've seen, they explained that many things will change.

If MBB would write, how all features will look like, before. I think there wouldn't be some negative posts, because we'd have known what to await later and this is just a beginning.

That's my opinion. I think MBB is great group and deserves acknowledgement. I hold my thumbs. They need time to finish all ideas they want to bring to reality. All I saw in video is great for now, assuming that some things will be updated, as I hope it will be.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dylan81 ().

• Dylan81 wrote:

Great job Jeytav. I thought so.

Thats what I wanted to say. When I saw several negative replies at the weekend, I thought myself lets not be so hasty.

We are rating unfinished part. Many things will be updated and made better later. As written above, it seems like they want to finish EA as fast as possible, to start testing and chasing bugs.

Perhaps their only disadvantage is, that we don't know how exactly finished game will be and what features will take part. That is the reason of many questions, that some things are not as we anticipated etc. We've seen, they explained that many things will change.

If MBB would write, how all features will look like, before. I think there wouldn't be some negative posts, because we'd have known what to await later and this is just a beginning.

That's my opinion. I think MBB is great group and deserves acknowledgement. I hold my thumbs. They need time to finish all ideas they want to bring to reality. All I saw in video is great for now, assuming that some things will be updated, as I hope it will be.
      Fair post Dylan81 .....I was one of the early posters whose post was not very positive. I tried to be fair too however. The whole count down build up proved out of place and as a communique, it was a bit muddled in truth. Calling it as I saw it.

My own considered thoughts about it can be found on this thread here
      Go Handy & Give 'er Lolly
    • Oh yeah I have a question for you @masterbrain in the video, when you enter the tractor and activate the IC, there is one button that I would like to know the functionality of and that's the one near the seat. :)

This one to be exact

I'm assuming it has something to do with the seat, but what? does it raise/lower the seat or move it forward/backwards or something else entirely?

• ChiloopaBatman wrote:

Just re-viewed video and I enjoy that the engine revs up when it working in the field. A the FS always has gotten wrong and it bugs the hell out of me. It makes no send that you motor is idling while you pull a full trailer, a cultivator or whatever.
      Very much looking forward to hopefully more than just the sounds of the "going faster - going slower" capability of tractors LOL ....

Some of the mods in the Giants FS seem to have addressed this from a sound point of view which goes to show another example of how great the mod community really is.

Hopefully, this is also on the MBB list of features .... (crikey, that must be one hell of a list eh?)
    • ChiloopaBatman wrote:

JackWall wrote:

Some of the mods in the Giants FS seem to have addressed this from a sound point of view which goes to show another example of how great the mod community really is.
      What mods does that? Except from the "More Realistic"-mod I haven't run into any.
      The weird thing about the revs to me is that they will go down when running up hill with a full load.
      Gearbox mod does this
    • Nybyggarn wrote:

ChiloopaBatman wrote:

JackWall wrote:

What mods does that? Except from the "More Realistic"-mod I haven't run into any.The weird thing about the revs to me is that they will go down when running up hill with a full load.
      Gearbox mod does this
      This IS a more accurate reply than mine. Cheers Nybyggarn.