Gameplay: Mission #1 Cultivating on our new development map

• Gameplay: Mission #1 Cultivating on our new development map

The video shows a tutorial quest. This gives you a sneak peek into the gameplay of Cattle and Crops and what you can expect as an introduction into the Early Access. As devlog we go through the individual points of the tutorial mission. From the third track on, the AI, respectively the employee, takes over and handles the rest of the field.

We extended the roadmap last Tuesday. On the coming weekend we will have more updates, for example the new category ‘options’.

From the middle of next week on, our new Community Manager Matthias, alias Memphis, will, besides the customer support, also take on the moderation in our forum. As your direct contact person he will help you out, should you have any questions or problems. We will inform you next week about his contact data in the forum.

We had a bug with the last driver version 381.65 from NVIDIA, which we weren’t able to fix yet (see picture goo.gl/1bjByr). The newest driver 382.05 causes this render error in the C4 engine as well. We work at full speed to fix this and have also contacted NVIDIA. The bug is a nuisance but you don’t need to worry. There is the possibility to either reset the driver to version 378.92 or we offer a NVIDIA-specific workaround in the engine. This however would take some time and is our last means of choice. We will keep you posted.

Another topic are our servers. Before we make CnC available as download we would like to test, if our infrastructure can handle a higher number of simultaneous downloads with high bandwidth. We will soon send an email to all supporters and inform you about the date for the start of the test run. After downloading our launcher, you can download a test file using your access data. We would be delighted if as many people as possible could participate in the test run.

Have a nice weekend!
    • Ok so no EA yet but a test run of the download servers. Good news I guess. I can't see May being EA, maybe June.

Edit: and yay they are getting a community manager. That should do wonders for keeping people more up to date.

Also please press F to pay your respects to the poor cat stuck in the wheelbarrow since a few weeks :(

The post was edited 1 time, last by mmmBetty ().

• Sorry MBB for this feedback ....Was really hoped for something more here ... deflated feeling now ......but June is something I guess.

The video information is very cool ... I am liking very much what was shown .... AI voice broke a smile LOL.

Welcome Memphis, looking forward to what you will bring to the community.

S!
      Go Handy & Give 'er Lolly

The post was edited 1 time, last by JackWall ().

• I don't think the countdown timer was really necessary, really it just caused a lot of false hype. But I'm glad to hear that there is progress and that its getting a lot closer to release (Hopefully in June, As that cat need's to get out of that wheel barrow soon).

Personally I would of preferred the info about the problem with the NVIDIA Driver to have been said earlier in the week as a weekly update. but hey, You can always count on NVIDIA to break when you need it to work.

Also I'm not keen on the AI Voices at all - In my opinion having Microsoft's text to speech program destroys the Good quality of the game so far, but hey as long as its not in the final release i'm not to bothered
      Feed the World... One Field At a Time :thumbsup:

CnC Roadmap sorted by Milestones

The post was edited 4 times, last by AgriMax1998 ().

• You people seem disappointed at the "false hype"? What is there not to look forward to? This is a great video and an announcement of a community manager.

Plus testing of download servers which if you read the dev log
      "Before we make CnC available as download we would like to test, if our infrastructure can handle a higher number of simultaneous downloads with high bandwidth."

Surely this is clear they are nearing completion, no? Too impatient. Watched kettle never boils.
    • peterpub wrote:

Aim low and get surprised. Aim high and get disappointed.

It will be what it will be.
      But all I was trying to say is that The countdown timer was very over the top just for a devlog, it made a lot of people assume something that it going to be something bigger than just a devlog like a confirmed Date. Because of the timer A lot of people aimed high causing them to become disappointed (Or at least on some of the posts I've seen so far)

peterpub wrote:

... Too impatient. Watched kettle never boils.
      Please don't go saying that people who were a little disappointed about not getting a release date are impatient - MMB made this Hype with the countdown, Its just a case of doing the right thing in the wrong way. They should of just announced that a progress report was coming Today not doing a countdown

But i'm glad they finally got a community manager, It should help alot
      Feed the World... One Field At a Time :thumbsup:

CnC Roadmap sorted by Milestones
    • The game is on a budget so the voices are a bit different then we expect :). But they are German and they are known for their humor lol. But footage yes!!!!!. Suspension and cab suspension, gears IC control!! Love the noise of the MB Trac. That was Schröders cat or not? Super excited that soon we will get a email to download the EA and test the pants out of it :D. Well done MBB
      Proper Sim gamer. Rally games tractor and truck games. Bus games and train games you name it :)

• So some time in June for the EA, if the cat serves as a indicator.

I do like how the suspension and tractor acted along with the MB-Trac sound.

On a side-note, I do hope they get a native English speaker to look over any lines used for English voice TTS or actors once they get to that stage, so we don't end up with instances of "now you need to extrude the cultivator" when "now you need to unfold the cultivator" would be correct.

The post was edited 1 time, last by b101uk: missed the "y" off "they" as in "I do hope they..." :rolleyes: ().

• b101uk wrote:

On a side-note,I do hope the get a native English speaker to look over any lines used for English voice TTS or actors once they get to that stage, so we don't end up with instances of "now you need to extrude the cultivator" when "now you need to unfold the cultivator" would be correct.

Yes, they really need us to help them with that in early access and report back to them with any dialogue errors.

Things like the cat part near the end "she is trapped in the wheelbarrow since a few weeks".

Although you can easily see what they are trying to say you can tell they don't speak English natively and they do really need to have someone (possibly early access testers) report errors back to them.

Also I feel as though they should hire a couple of voice actors at some stage in the future to do the voice overs before the game goes into full release.

Just my thoughts on the dialogue.

• Very nice video. Now looking forward to June (That poor cat-the suspense must be nearly killing it, like me) :D
      The suspension was pretty cool along with the transmission sounds, very nice to here a tractor actually change gears. It appears automatic, but we can't be sure.
      As everyone has said the voice could do with something a little more professional, but hey its only going to be EA so as long as we have some form of English speaking voice I'm happy but a professional voice should be something they do for the full release.
      Overall it was a very nice video, humorous but informative and very teasing.
      Can't wait to see how their download server goes in test- everyone go full boar when they ask you to do the test and give it a good workout :P :D
      What ever it is I just said; I could be wrong!
      Farming on FS17 and Testing CnC Tech Demo!
      "PC"
      Display Spoiler
      -Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H
      -Intel i7 3770K Quad Core 3.5gHz-3.9gHz
      -16GB RAM
      -MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
      -Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512GB
      -Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
      -Logitech G710+, Corsair M65 PRO RGB
      -Samsung SyncMaster B2240
    • Nice to finally see a new gameplay video, that's awesome.
      Voice and translation is sub optimal, but since I guess most of us will watch about 30 seconds of the tutorials before jumping in to the game, it won't be a big deal.

side note. The tutorial is cultivating under what look like corn stalks. In most parts of the world, you would PLOW the corn stubble under BEFORE cultivating the plowed ground to achieve the start of a seedbed.
      C- tine cultivators definitely do not like corn stalks.
      At least it's a cultivator with a disc gang, C- tines, double roller harrow, and finger harrow. Looks very good.
      I suppose you could be chisel plowing under the obviously forage harvested corn. but then you wouldn't be plowing.
      I had hopes that C & C with it's emphasis on being more realistic would not have just the one field texture for harvested corn.
      Because when you run a combine over corn, the stalk left most definitely does not look like that. as opposed to when you use a forage harvester.
      Might seem a little nit picky, sorry guys, but that has always bugged me in FS, combined corn leaving no actual stalk stubble.
      As some one who has indeed plowed under many corn stalks, and had to unplug the plow of said cornstalks. I hope that using implements in somewhere close to the right order is a thing in C & C.

And having what are obviously chisel plows be called "cultivators", giving the same effect and field texture of cultivators.
      Yes i know the implement in the video is a C-tine cultivator.

On a more positive note.. IN GAME GPS LINES!!!!!!!!!!!
      Please tell me this is a thing. Even if I have to pay extra for the tractor to be fitted with said GPS and Auto steer.

Looks really good. Hot bar style UI for drag and drop of tractor IC functions? Thought I saw a heads up style tachometer/gauge for a minute in there on the bottom right as well.
      Now if the in cab screen has the actual correct GPS data on it in real time, I would be amaze!... LoL.

Keep up the good work, very much looking forward to being able to play.
      R5 3900x / Crosshair 6 Hero / 32 GB Gskill FlareX 3200 / Vega 64 LC/ Samsung 960 Evo NVMe
      M.2 500GB / Samsung 840 Evo Sata 6 500Gb / 1TB WD Blue / Thermaltake 360mm AIO
      / Corsair HX 850w / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / Win10 Home 64 bit / LG 34UM88C 3440 x 1440 21 x 9 monitor.
    • I really enjoyed the last trailer and it's very encouraging for the rest. These remarks are not negative reviews and I know the game will still evolve a lot, these remarks aim to improve the game.

Physics:
      Currently the cab (and the driver's eyes) is perfectly stable on the road, when wearing a tool in the back the swinging movement should be permanent.
      The movements of the cab and the seat must amplified (eg when the tractor leaves the road to enter the field)
      At 2'06 of the video: with a tool carried at the rear, the suspension movement must be considerable
      In general, balance movements must be amplified, including when working in the field

Sounds:
      The sound of the environment (birds) is always at the same volume (1'00), whether the cabin is open or closed, while the noise of the engine changes considerably.
      For more immersion when driving, it is necessary to add parasitic noises and squealing noises which are numerous when driving and working in the field, as well as the noises associated with the rear tools

Graphics Engine:
      The shadows on the ground are of very good quality but the shadows on the vehicles are clearly lacking precision, is this something that you can improve?

Features:
      These features are important for immersion, I hope to see them happen in future milestones
      - Hand on the steering wheel
      - Script of climb in the vehicle
      - Diverse textures on the fields, different shades of soil color (for example Giants used a color map to implement different colors of flowers in the grass, you should use such a system to bring slight shades of color on soils and crops)

Road sign :
      Signs and bands on the roads: Is it possible to create road signs and bands that will appear differently depending on whether the player is German, English, French, Polish or other? If you can create these objects yourself, all mappers will be able to enjoy it

Note :
      Little bug at 3'09, the cylinder appears during the deployment of the cultivator

Thank you and congrats ;)

The post was edited 6 times, last by Taco29 ().

• Just had a thought in regards to the download test.

Seeing as the game will be standalone download and steam download if we all do the test download from their servers and it is successful then we know that they should be able to support more than enough people downloading come game day.

A lot of the people doing the test will have the game on steam instead and will actually be downloading the game from a steam server come game day, so I can't see there being any issues unless the test download is dismal.

• Details that I like:
      The gas pedal is moving when in the tractor.
      And outside you can se the driver moving both his feet.
      The textures on the roads looks realistic.
      Trees and grass are beatiful. The trees is moving in the wind.
      It is very nice to se the some actual depth of the tracks in the field.

Things to keep in mind:
      The simplicity of the handling is hopefully the arcarde part of the game.
      The map seemed kind of booring. But it is the dev-map.

I just whant to bust that pussycat out of its cage...