Status-Update 07.27.2018

• Status-Update 07.27.2018

Hello Community,

first of all we want to thank the moderators and of course you for the collected feedback and your remarks regarding Cattle and Crops. We had an extensive conversation with the mods and discussed, with the aid of an elaborate feedback document, what you think should be improved. We will separately address some core points of this criticism and hope that you will thus get a better overview of the current situation.

Update - Roadmap, Timeline, Bug tracker, Homepage, Q&A

Roadmap:
      At the moment we don’t have the required time, apart from development, to constantly update and improve some things. Among those is the roadmap. It helps nobody, if an outdated and/or incomplete version is online. That’s why we will temporarily deactivate the roadmap until we find the time to properly maintain it.

Timeline:
      Therefore, the timeline will be adjusted. Soon you’ll be able to see what milestones we have planned until version 1.0. We won’t post an exact date any longer, but only the month of the upcoming updates.

Bugtracker:
      We have mentioned that we wanted to release a bug tracker, but here as well we don’t have the necessary time to maintain such a public tool (corrections, translations, updates) and program and provide the required interfaces. We’ll keep using the existing system for internal scheduling. All the bugs that you post in the forum are reported to us for our project planning.

Interval for Q&A:
      The question was raised about the interval in which the Q&A questions are answered. Unfortunately, a weekly reply to the Q&As isn’t possible, since they mean more effort than it might seem. We want to answer your question accurately and honestly and to ensure this, 3-4 people have to look at the questions, edit, comment, translate the, and finally bring them into a form with which everyone is happy. That’s why there won’t be a change in regards to the frequency of answering the Q&As, since the time needed to do this is just too much.

In order to give you a better overview over the questions that have already been answered, we will try to revise the Q&A section and categorize the questions. There will soon be another Q&A post. And don’t worry, no questions of the last thread are lost, everything is listed internally. In case your question doesn’t appear, it is because we don’t have an answer at the moment.

Status updates & development:
      We would love to keep you posted with information every day, but it is very time-consuming to post material and news, so we have integrated most of the news into our update texts or posted them in small status updates in between. We have considered this issue and as soon as we are able to, we will increase the interval and the newsrate.

Communication, update interval, postponement

Postponement of updates:
      It is our goal to have at least 1-2 weeks in advance for an update. We finish the update, give it to the testing department and optimize it as good as possible. Ideally, the update is then ready to be released a few days in advance.

Unfortunately we couldn’t acquire this timeframe yet. A lot of updates have been finished on the last day. As a result, the one or other bad bug slipped in which we had to patch with a hotfix in a timely manner, since it wasn’t possible to fix existing problems in time.

That is why we will make some changes in the update rhythm. We have evaluated the feedback and decided to release fewer, but better tested updates. In order to ensure a higher quality and therefore more gameplay fun for you, we want to release the updates within a bigger time interval.

We are aware that this kind of update politics isn’t optimal for everyone, we have decided to integrate all assets and necessary functions until the grassland update as quickly as possible and then to optimize and synchronize the existing basis.

Miscellaneous

Vehicles:
      There are vehicle types, for example tractors, where a difference in the level of details can be noted. This is due to the evolution of our 3D development and its workflows. The machines of the “first generation” are not as detailed as the majority of the current vehicle fleet.

Why not simply adjust it? almost all available machines, as far as possible, have received an upgrade of the 3D model to the “second generation”. This did cost us many hours in the double or three-digit range. For very old machines of the development we weren’t able to accomplish the upgrade completely, since this would have meant literally a new construction. For CNC v1.0, all 3D models will presumably stay like this, apart from smaller changes and further functionalities.

Different content between announcement and Early Access release:
      In the CNC Kickstarter trailer and in the first announcements we had promoted the Early Access v0.1. We subsequently had to struggle with the change of the 3D workflow, the massive effort of upgrading the machines and the slow progress with some aspects like the AI.

So we had the choice to postpone everything again completely until it is finished or give you access to small bits of CNC until the release of Early Access v0.1, in order to get feedback from you as early as possible. So we decided against the postponement and in favour of a tech demo v0.0.1.

We are aware of the fact that not everything that you and we had hoped for is already implemented or complete, but unfortunately it can’t be planned exactly how long it takes to develop an extensive feature like multiplayer, dynamic soil etc.

We are constantly learning and through the growing experience with the engine and the technologies we are able to plan more precisely so massive postponements shouldn’t happen any more. However, we can’t rule it out 100%.

Since the delays and reasons for it haven’t been clearly stated and phrased by us and therefore caused misunderstandings, we wanted to sincerely apologize to everyone, it wasn’t our intention. Among other aspects, the postponements came into being due to the changes of the 3D workflow, the complete exchange of the physics engine to Nvidia PhysX, the improvement of the AI and the mission system. Especially the AI and the change to PhysX ended up in much more workload than we had expected.

In the coming days we will step by step rework and update the above mentioned things like Timeline, Roadmap and vehicle fleet. Another conclusion is that we want to meet with the moderators more frequently to ensure a better flow of information.

Current “construction sites” are the multiplayer, the machines for the grassland update as well as the programming for the swath system, chopped crops and a system for bales and their handling. We also have to create an environment in which the employee can do his job.

We hope that we were able to answer some of your questions and shed some light on the matter. We thank you again for the extensive feedback and of course also for the response that you share with us daily in form of forum posts, bug reports, Emails and Let’s Plays.

We wish you a relaxed weekend!

Regards
      The MBB team
    • TLDR;

Roadmap - removed since cant be updated regulary

Timeline - will be updated till 1.0 version with aprox. Month of update release not exact date

Bugtracker - staying internal since it takes time to manage proper bugtracker

Interval for Q&A - there won’t be a change in regards to the frequency of answering the Q&As

Status updates & development - We would love to keep you posted with information every day, but it is very time-consuming to post material and news

Postponement of updates - changes in the update rhythm. We have evaluated the feedback and decided to release fewer, but better tested updates.
      we want to release the updates within a bigger time interval.

Vehicles- Due the evolution of 3d engine almost all vehicles will be updated to current level of detail. very old vehicles will not recive any further updates since takes too much time

Different content between announcement and Early Access release - So Trailer announcement we saw was 0.1 version because engine updates and AI they had to postpone it and they decided to do so they had option to postpone it to till it was fully ready to 0.1 version but they decided to give us tech demo witch is 0.0.1 version. They are aware we are mad everything from the announcement trailer is not in game but due the engine upgrades and complicated features like multiplayer, dynamic soil etc. they had to focus on certain stuff
      We are constantly learning and through the growing experience

They are apologiseing and did not expect 3d engine,switching to nvidia PhysX and AI ended up takeing to much time

In the coming days we will step by step rework and update the above mentioned things like Timeline, Roadmap and vehicle fleet. Another conclusion is that we want to meet with the moderators more frequently to ensure a better flow of information.

Current “construction sites” are the multiplayer, the machines for the grassland update as well as the programming for the swath system, chopped crops and a system for bales and their handling. We also have to create an environment in which the employee can do his job.
    • Already with the lost hope of many players, this year it seems impossible that you can make a decent competition to Giants ... no matter how much C & C has certain characteristics that FS is looking for (dynamic terrain, cabin physics ...) perhaps we should mark clear objectives to try to publish a game that can make a real competition to farming ...
      On the other hand, I think that the modder community is not taking advantage of anything, if they had good manuals or some developer giving feedback to the modders. Not to mention the maps, that nobody knows how to generate a land ....
      Maybe we were promised many things that we will take a long time to see.
      I hope this changes, of course I would not have spent money here today, but for months they promised us a lot .... Greetings
    • Thanks MBB for sharing your background work and how to proceed. There will always be people whom are impatient and complain and people whom will patiently wait. Yes FS19 is coming up and it had a major overhaul but they have a bigger team and more resources available. You guys can go to that level too but you start small. I backed you up since the beginning and yes now I barely play the game because it didn't progress as much as we all hoped. But future updates will be better and in the end we will have a fantastic game and forget these times. We all learn and help each other. I would like to help you and be more involved so if you need people, ask. Enough talk from me. Do your very best and have a nice weekend.
      Proper Sim gamer. Rally games tractor and truck games. Bus games and train games you name it :)

• @masterbrain this is what cnc advertise steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=774777906

Driving Simulation

In CnC you’ll get highly
      detailed and accurate vehicles complete with custom functions like
      interactive mirrors, doors or a customizable three-point hitch - just to
      name a few. We also paid a lot of attention to physics, ground
      interaction and sounds to make you feel like you’re driving a real
      tractor.

Management

It is our philosophy that the players should be completely free in their
      style of play. Whether you want a highly realistic or arcade experience,
      if you want to drive the vehicles yourself or manage your staff while
      you watch them do their work: you have the choice!

When using
      employees, you can delegate common tasks to them - like transporting
      fruits, feeding animals, harvesting fields and much more. You can also
      increase their skills and happiness over time to make them more
      efficient.

Animals

If you choose to be a rancher, your animals need to be taken care of:
      breed them, feed them, clean their stables, prevent diseases and finally
      sell them.

Terrain, Vegetation and Weather

Our dynamic ground system includes enduring wheel and machinery tracks that
      influence the terrain depth and allow for highly detailed acre surfaces
      when cultivating, plowing or simply driving on fields.

Plant growth and health depends on various ground conditions like moisture
      levels, nutrients and several disease factors. As an example for the
      simulation detail level, the plant growth (based on the BBCH scale) is
      simulated every day for each plant. Take good care of your crops and
      fields, or they won’t yield the best profit.

With the CnC weather system being based on real statistical climate data, each map’s (just 1 no map`s just map) weather
      is very accurate for each season. Weather has a direct influence on the
      ground, so depending on the machinery you use, you might get stuck in
      muddy fields after long rains if you’re not careful. Long periods of
      drought or rain will also influence your farming strategies: if there is
      no rain you have to find a way to water your fields; if there is too
      much rain you may have difficulties harvesting your crops.

As with most gameplay settings, the influence of weather and diseases can
      be customized or disabled fully in the gameplay options.

Multiplayer

What is better than playing a
      good farming simulation? Enjoying it with your friends! In version 1.0
      of CnC you’ll be able to join your friends’ farm and help them out, or
      acquire the help of another player for your business.

Every multiplayer game also influences your game profile so that you receive extra XP and money for playing with your friends.

Now since day 1 till now cNc highly fail to deliver
      Any news on what you advertise pls ?

IT JUST WORKS
    • I think it is too early to ask this question. For now I would say the task list remains the same. Some tasks are already ingame (unpolished or not final) and for the rest we have to wait for version 1.0.
      At the EA-Version 0.2.2 it is to early for that. You have to ask it when they present a soon release date and the most of the tasks are not reached.

Because you added it's only one map. I think they meant with "every map's" the weather system of every map is very accurate for each season. So it will be in every map that will come. It does not mean the number of maps at what time ever.
      These Maps can come anytime with or after Version 1.0 by MBB or by Modders or so. That's the way I understand it.
    • guys i know they will come they will make it .... what i ask is what i read what THE DEVELOPERS say on the main page . I do not need explication. There is no Notice that the game dos not have what they advertise. When you ask for money even if is 1 cent and you say for 1 cent you will give me a glass of water you expect to receive a glass of water. Again my question stand up .. ANY NEWS ON WHAT YOU ADVERTISE ? I do not care about Q&A and bug tracker and bla bal bla.... I want strait answer. Stop with the lies . in last 2 years all gaming companies think we are idiots they advertise something they lie they make nice pictures and you get a big D...k. It dos not bother me that the game dos not have what they say, just be onset make a notice and say game is not DONE we do not have all this we will have them in the far far future and again my

Q is [b]ANY NEWS ON WHAT YOU ADVERTISE ?
      [/b]
      IT JUST WORKS
    • There is a HUGE Early Access explanation with two big sections. One explaining how the completed game will look like and one descibing the current status of the game. Check the spoiler or the steam store page for details: Cattle and Crops on Steam
      The FAQ on the Website also lists what's in the game and what's coming: cattleandcrops.com/faq
      You can also follow the progress on the timeline which shows what's coming and briefly shows whats already implemented with the last few updates: cattleandcrops.com/timeline
    • You guys are drama queens :) :) i wills stop with this forum. A simple answer cod be as i give u an example
      ANY NEWS ON WHAT YOU ADVERTISE ?
      - next year we will have 70% working.

You chose to make a story for a simple question and non of u is a part of development team. Other words have fun and when this forum will be moderate by some one who is a part cNc development we will talk till then pls continue with drama and nonsense :)
      Thank you all and i wish you good luck
      IT JUST WORKS
    • gheazu wrote:

You guys are drama queens :) :) i wills stop with this forum. A simple answer cod be as i give u an example

You chose to make a story for a simple question and non of u is a part of development team. Other words have fun and when this forum will be moderate by some one who is a part cNc development we will talk till then pls continue with drama and nonsense :)
      Goodbye :)
      Proper Sim gamer. Rally games tractor and truck games. Bus games and train games you name it :)

• Well, some people just can´t accept facts. Insulting others and shouting at them is just a defense mechanism and won´t help at all. Have a nice life. ;)
      Mein PC:
      Display Spoiler
      CPU: Intel I7 8700 K @ 4,9 GHZ, RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Series DDR4-3333 32 GB Dual Kit, Mainboard: Asus Strix Z-370-G, Grafik: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti mit EKWB Wakü, SSD: Samsung 960 Pro NVMe SSD 1TB, Netzteil: Seasonic Prime 80 Plus Titanium 850 W.
    • To gheazu:

I'm afraid that devs couldn't answer you, because most of us didn't even understand your question. Now you have clarified what you mean and defacto answered yourself.
      It might be as you said. 70-80% working next year. Most of us accept current state of development and I believe most of us went with it to the kickstarter campaign (knowing the development takes time), at least me. I don't mind that some features haven't been activated yet. I believe it will come. Patience brings roses.

And I don't agree with you, that devs doesn't comunicate here. Sometimes somebody from MBB directly enter the forum when they consider appropriate.

You have two choices. Either stay patient or call for refund. Choice is yours.
      Thats all I wanted to say mate.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit
    • gheazu wrote:

You guys are drama queens :) :) i wills stop with this forum. A simple answer cod be as i give u an example

if your not gone yet and still reading this then i got a question for you.

you really tink on other game forums the devs are also the moderators?

for the most games i think the devs are never looking to the forums they get the info from mods or just from there boss. and i have seen dev`s posting on this forum i think it was in the german part in modding section but i can not fully remember the neame of the dev
    • There were comments from Hummel, Rob and Caedes.
      We (Mods) and other community members gave their information to the English and French forum in case there were posted the same problems.

A good way would be to follow them and translate their comments with google, deeple or whatever. In case of problems you can ask for help anytime.