Field (agriculture)

• Field (agriculture)

Hello and thank you
      Im a moron and i don't know shit about farming :) and this game offers 0 tutorials. My question are:
      - cultivate ,seeding, plowing, irrigation
      in what order ?
      what machines to use for a large field or small field ?
      - fertilizing
      Field info is a large page with nutrients what they do how do they effect my crops ?
      How to fertilizing and what nutrients to use and where do i get nutrients ?

how long takes from seeding to harvest ?
      Where to store what ?
      What month to start cultivate,seeding, plowing, harvest ?
      Sorry for my broken english
      IT JUST WORKS
    • Otherwise, I'll try to answer your questions in brief. I don't want you to think, that some of us are arrogant.

I think, it's necessary to say that lot of features which can be seen in some charts and info panels aren't active yet, some behaviour of machines etc as well. Probably you realise it yourself.

Well, lets say something about your steps you asked.
      First it should be said, here aren't all features active respectively it hasn't affected the results yet (manure/chemical fertilising, rain, dry weather). So if you would like to do all agricultural steps like IRL (of course steps which allows current state of the game), you must play just for your good feeling for now. It will change later.
      I suppose, when the grass features will be done, devs will start to make optimalisations and updates of machines and it's properties etc...

Well, let's go back to the point. If you would like to advance as in real (IRL) you may choose at least two ways how to prepare the soil before seeding etc. So called conventional way or so called minimalisation. At least this is mostly beeing used in our country.

Conventional way:
      - you should cultivate (discs) after the harvest (several days after the harvest, to prevent drying the soil and break the weed)
      - next you may manure the field (depends on necessary nutrients and what crop was at the field or what crop is planned to be seeded, each crop differently exhausts the soil, or need). Sometimes you don't need manure due to surplus of organic remainder after the harvest, which will disintegrate in the soil. It's recomended to spread manure in 5 years period on the certain field if you use either conventional, or minimalisation.
      - next you should plow the field at the autumn months (depends on what crop you want to seed). For example maize should be seeded at the latest 10th May. Otherwise rape is usually seeded in late august so you should plow in time (rape unfortunatelly hasn't introduced yet). Wheat in general depends if its winter or spring-crop. Winter-crops are seeded on october, early november. Spring-crops are seeded on late march, early-mid april.
      - next you should cultivate to prepare the soil
      - next you should seed - you don't need whole corn king, just aft part, because front part has a cultivator integrated. Time when to seed, see above.
      - next you should fertilise by Damman (against weed, pests,...) in several weeks after the seeding.
      - then you must wait until the crop will grow ripe
      - then harvest
      a) Wheat in general and rape is harvested in summer months. Wheat should have max 14% grain moisture, golden/dead ripeness. Rape should have max. 10% grain moisture, fully ripe.
      b) Maize for silage is harvested green in late september - mid october.
      c) Maize for grain is harvested in optimun ripeness, mid - late october (all depends on the weather during the year).
      - after that, cultivation of wheat stubble again. Maize stubble is possible to plow only.

Minimalisation way:
      - cultivate after the harvest and leave it for several weeks or seed into the stubble (depends on the soil or local habits or current agro company'savilable equipment)
      - then seed with whole corn king system which has rippers and discs at the front part. Good to use the additional tanks for granular fertiliser during seeding (not introduced yet).
      - fertilise
      - wait to grow
      - harvest
      - cultivate
      - and on and on and on.....

Chemical fertilising (NPK) hasn't active yet. It means, there's no place where to obtain chemicals / granular fertilisers. There haven't been any machines introduced yet for adding nutrients (sprayer of granular frertiliser, or seeders which allow deliver the nutrients to the soil during seeding).

Wheat is beeing stored in the hall in front of the farm silo, or you may immidiatelly sell the grain in the harbour.

When to start certain agricultural steps, see above.

All this info is based on the Czech local habits, it means that somebody from different part of Europe, or world might tell you, that they do it different. Germany is right nextdoor to us :) , so you can go along tips stated above.

Please be patient with the game. Development goes slowly, so we must be satisfied with what we already have for now.
      I hope it will be understandable.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit

The post was edited 6 times, last by Dylan81 ().

• thank you all. i do not complain and i have all time in the world :) thank you very much for the info. I know allot of things are not ready to use i ask this question so when they will be ready i will know how to use and i will know what to aspect.

@Dylan81 thank you man you change the game for me and you make it worth playing as it is
      IT JUST WORKS

The post was edited 1 time, last by gheazu: Thank you Dylan81 ().

• Would be instructive yes but don't ask for to mutch feature at the beginning... I would prefer MBB finches all actual included functions, gets the grassland in it and working, and after that go further with new features....
      AMD Ryzen 2700X + Corsair H100x - 16Gb Ram - Curial 500Go SSD - Gigabyte RTX2080Ti Waterforce 11Go - 32'' FullHD Monitor - Logitech Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle with 2 side controllers

:S
      My English is not perfect, thank you for being indulgent...
      Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, Danke für ihr Verständnis...
    • I started playing again a few days ago, and i really enjoyed the current state of the game. Since on steam i can fully use my steam controller (after setting up analog axis and secondary buttons, this works great. I love the made progress and the game (at least for me) becomes really enjoyable playable. Besides the AI everything just works as it should. I love small details like the exact working of blinkers.

But i have done all available missions now , and im trying to make sence what to do next and when. Its hard to read from the ' fields' screen. I need help when to plow, cultivate, seed, fertlize and harvest which field. This forum could use a quickguide until a real wiki takes shape.
    • I have the same problem. I cannot finish missions AI is creasy :)). So I do not care about them. I buy field 22 and fallow this guide. I have no idea how the game works or how shod work, there is no info about that.

Dylan81 wrote:

Otherwise, I'll try to answer your questions in brief. I don't want you to think, that some of us are arrogant.

I think, it's necessary to say that lot of features which can be seen in some charts and info panels aren't active yet, some behaviour of machines etc as well. Probably you realise it yourself.

Well, lets say something about your steps you asked.
      First it should be said, here aren't all features active respectively it hasn't affected the results yet (manure/chemical fertilising, rain, dry weather). So if you would like to do all agricultural steps like IRL (of course steps which allows current state of the game), you must play just for your good feeling for now. It will change later.
      I suppose, when the grass features will be done, devs will start to make optimalisations and updates of machines and it's properties etc...

Well, let's go back to the point. If you would like to advance as in real (IRL) you may choose at least two ways how to prepare the soil before seeding etc. So called conventional way or so called minimalisation. At least this is mostly beeing used in our country.

Conventional way:
      - you should cultivate (discs) after the harvest (several days after the harvest, to prevent drying the soil and break the weed)
      - next you may manure the field (depends on necessary nutrients and what crop was at the field or what crop is planned to be seeded, each crop differently exhausts the soil, or need). Sometimes you don't need manure due to surplus of organic remainder after the harvest, which will disintegrate in the soil. It's recomended to spread manure in 5 years period on the certain field if you use either conventional, or minimalisation.
      - next you should plow the field at the autumn months (depends on what crop you want to seed). For example maize should be seeded at the latest 10th May. Otherwise rape is usually seeded in late august so you should plow in time (rape unfortunatelly hasn't introduced yet). Wheat in general depends if its winter or spring-crop. Winter-crops are seeded on october, early november. Spring-crops are seeded on late march, early-mid april.
      - next you should cultivate to prepare the soil
      - next you should seed - you don't need whole corn king, just aft part, because front part has a cultivator integrated. Time when to seed, see above.
      - next you should fertilise by Damman (against weed, pests,...) in several weeks after the seeding.
      - then you must wait until the crop will grow ripe
      - then harvest
      a) Wheat in general and rape is harvested in summer months. Wheat should have max 14% grain moisture, golden/dead ripeness. Rape should have max. 10% grain moisture, fully ripe.
      b) Maize for silage is harvested green in late september - mid october.
      c) Maize for grain is harvested in optimun ripeness, mid - late october (all depends on the weather during the year).
      - after that, cultivation of wheat stubble again. Maize stubble is possible to plow only.

Minimalisation way:
      - cultivate after the harvest and leave it for several weeks or seed into the stubble (depends on the soil or local habits or current agro company'savilable equipment)
      - then seed with whole corn king system which has rippers and discs at the front part. Good to use the additional tanks for granular fertiliser during seeding (not introduced yet).
      - fertilise
      - wait to grow
      - harvest
      - cultivate
      - and on and on and on.....

Chemical fertilising (NPK) hasn't active yet. It means, there's no place where to obtain chemicals / granular fertilisers. There haven't been any machines introduced yet for adding nutrients (sprayer of granular frertiliser, or seeders which allow deliver the nutrients to the soil during seeding).

Wheat is beeing stored in the hall in front of the farm silo, or you may immidiatelly sell the grain in the harbour.

When to start certain agricultural steps, see above.

All this info is based on the Czech local habits, it means that somebody from different part of Europe, or world might tell you, that they do it different. Germany is right nextdoor to us :) , so you can go along tips stated above.

Please be patient with the game. Development goes slowly, so we must be satisfied with what we already have for now.
      I hope it will be understandable.
      IT JUST WORKS
    • I did read that post (thanks for posting) but im not sure if local Chech habits worked the same as CnC. If i search around i see crops grow pretty fast by now, and fertilizing isnt functional yet. So in current state(?):
      1. Plow (can be skipped depending on soil condition, wetness)
      2. Slurry (not implemented, not needed)
      2. Cultivate
      3. Seed
      4. Fertilize (not implemented, not needed)
      5. Harvest when fully grown (after 00:00)
      Is that right?
      This behavior will probabily changes in further development to a more realistic progress. I should just play a bit around to find out. At least the fields show what the current fruit is. Inspecting a field would show the state of a field. Would love more qui around this since i even found a calender in there.
    • The full growth of a crop is depending on it's nature... You will have to spool time fast forwards for several month to have them fully grown, either by sleeping in the farm or using the timeFactor with a udge value (100000) command in the console.
      AMD Ryzen 2700X + Corsair H100x - 16Gb Ram - Curial 500Go SSD - Gigabyte RTX2080Ti Waterforce 11Go - 32'' FullHD Monitor - Logitech Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle with 2 side controllers

My English is not perfect, thank you for being indulgent...
      Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, Danke für ihr Verständnis...