DevLog: Fixing those holes in the roof

• DevLog: Fixing those holes in the roof

One thing essential for a good harvest is nice steady rain. But: no cow likes it if the straw gets wet thanks to a leaking barn roof.
      We have successfully solved this problem and managed to bring in the hay safe and dry in time. Even during heavy rain the farmer can inspect his property in a dry driver’s cab. Take a look at our newest dev log video where we’ll show you the behavior of rain in Cattle and Crops.

• I love it <3 hopefully you'll be able to get around to make the line wet between the roofed and non roofed areas look a bit more natural but thats just a small detail that doesn't need to be made right now. It would also be nice to see the bonnet etc of the tractors and equipment get wet when exposed to rain. All in all a very nice video showing off improvements and just nice to get some more info from you guys :D

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • Oh yeah almost forgot one thing that I'm interested in is the on upstairs part in the machinery shed (1:25 in the vid). Never seen something like that in a farm building. My first assumption would be a straw/hay loft but I doubt that. So if anyone knows what it is then please tell me :)

i5 4690k - 3,5 Ghz, EVGA gtx 1070 ftw hybrid - 8 gb vram, 16 gb 1600 Mhz ddr3 ram
    • That's a nice touch but as the tractor was moving into the rain all my attention was focused on whether the tractor was going to get wet. That would have made my day! Hopefully that will be employed by final release. Also, I know rain will play a part in the fields but are you going to have it affect the hay and grass bales as well i.e....wet bales weigh a lot more?
      To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid
    • Jeytav wrote:

I love it <3 hopefully you'll be able to get around to make the line wet between the roofed and non roofed areas look a bit more natural but thats just a small detail that doesn't need to be made right now. It would also be nice to see the bonnet etc of the tractors and equipment get wet when exposed to rain. All in all a very nice video showing off improvements and just nice to get some more info from you guys :D
      You can see the difference between the roofed and the non-roofed area if you look closely
    • frankw67 wrote:

Jeytav wrote:

I love it <3 hopefully you'll be able to get around to make the line wet between the roofed and non roofed areas look a bit more natural but thats just a small detail that doesn't need to be made right now. It would also be nice to see the bonnet etc of the tractors and equipment get wet when exposed to rain. All in all a very nice video showing off improvements and just nice to get some more info from you guys :D
      You can see the difference between the roofed and the non-roofed area if you look closely
      Oh yeah I know that it's pretty easy to spot but what I'm asking for at some point in the future would be a more natural fade between the dry and wet surfaces. Still this effect they have made so far is still awesome and I love that they have managed to make it work.

Just to clarify this is not me saying that it's not good enough because it is, it's really nice to see. It's more me saying it would be a nice little detail to see at some point down the development of the game of course I'm also pretty sure MBB wants to try and get that line look a bit more natural at some point. ;)

• Jeytav wrote:

Oh yeah almost forgot one thing that I'm interested in is the on upstairs part in the machinery shed (1:25 in the vid). Never seen something like that in a farm building. My first assumption would be a straw/hay loft but I doubt that. So if anyone knows what it is then please tell me :)

in some old buildings, the roof space had partitions for storing hessian sacks of seed and animal food, as it would stop moisture from the ground permeating the stored seed/feed sacks.

likewise, some old buildings also had feed mills in the roof space, so feed mix could be made which was then distributed through a combination of gravity, auger pipes and even blowers to the animals below or in adjoining buildings.
    • b101uk wrote:

Jeytav wrote:

Oh yeah almost forgot one thing that I'm interested in is the on upstairs part in the machinery shed (1:25 in the vid). Never seen something like that in a farm building. My first assumption would be a straw/hay loft but I doubt that. So if anyone knows what it is then please tell me :)
      in some old buildings, the roof space had partitions for storing hessian sacks of seed and animal food, as it would stop moisture from the ground permeating the stored seed/feed sacks.

likewise, some old buildings also had feed mills in the roof space, so feed mix could be made which was then distributed through a combination of gravity, auger pipes and even blowers to the animals below or in adjoining buildings.
      Aaah of course that does make sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me :) I'm used to a hay/straw storage area on top of the stable with a small door in the sides(1 m high and 1,5 wide) where you can dump stuff down on the ground outside, 2 covered holes in the floor on in roughly the middle and another off tot he side to dump hay and straw straight down into the stable.

• What a day! First I went to eat burger and fries with my friend at the local burger joint, then we went to the movies to see Guardians of The Galaxy vol. 2 (IT WAS AWESOME!!!), then I saw my local soccer team had won today's extremely important match and now I've come home to find a new devlog containing some good shit. Can anyone say, "happy camper"? Because that's me today :D
    • The raindrops splashing on the floor looks so realistic wow. And I do hope too that the tractors and equipment can get wet and that you have to put in your wipers :). And the old vs new technology is ace! Those details are well thought off. Well done MBB
      Proper Sim gamer. Rally games tractor and truck games. Bus games and train games you name it :)

• This is amazing. I also noticed there were rain droplets on the window of the cab! Does this mean that wipers will finally be needed?!

As for the roof areas I am really hoping that there is some sort of manual work capability. FS finally implemented the ability to pick things up by hand but didn't go any further. With the advanced hitch options with CnC I'm hoping there may be a small possibility of utilising hand work in other areas.

This rain effects have really made my day. Thanks devs!
    • peterpub wrote:

This is amazing. I also noticed there were rain droplets on the window of the cab! Does this mean that wipers will finally be needed?!

As for the roof areas I am really hoping that there is some sort of manual work capability. FS finally implemented the ability to pick things up by hand but didn't go any further. With the advanced hitch options with CnC I'm hoping there may be a small possibility of utilising hand work in other areas.

This rain effects have really made my day. Thanks devs!
      i dont see the rain droplets on the windshield, i could be just blind too hahaha.
    • ValtraN163 wrote:

Make more dew logs. For example machine features ;)
      Haha, I agree :D I'm very exited to see what features the machines have. I would love to know if I can control the nozzle on the forager with my joystick like in real life (even though Claas has made some automated ones now). Or the do you have gears/revs (don't know the english word here?) for the PTO depending on what kind of implement you are using. That would be pretty cool.

Combines need different setups for different crops and I remember a very cool mod made for FS11/13 by a guy named Knagsted (probably the most progressive modder in the history of Farming Simulator), where you had to set up your cool Case combine with the right filters and revs on the thresher to reduce spillage...oh an spillage would be cool too :)

How does the fillplane work? Can you overfill your trailers, making you spill bulk? SO MANY THINGS!!! hahaha
    • I reckon a good month to 6 weeks we won't be far from it, just looking at the roadmap I think there are about 10 or so milestones (1) left to hit which doesn't leave many MS 2/3/4, therefore early release for full version 1 maybe (I doubt it) but who knows. It may just mean the remaining MS that follow are more demanding.
    • Paul91 wrote:

I reckon a good month to 6 weeks we won't be far from it, just looking at the roadmap I think there are about 10 or so milestones (1) left to hit which doesn't leave many MS 2/3/4, therefore early release for full version 1 maybe (I doubt it) but who knows. It may just mean the remaining MS that follow are more demanding.
      There Is 10 Milestones left - Heres a table for easy reading

AgriMax1998 wrote:

Name of featureCurrent Percentage (%)Percentage Left for EA (70%)
      Seeding
      65%
      5%
      Bio Gas Filling
      60%
      10%
      Telehandler
      40%
      30%
      Download Server
      50%
      20%
      Steam Support
      50%
      20%
      Physical terrain effects
      65%
      5%
      Dynamic fill planes
      50%
      20%
      Modding tutorials
      0%
      70%
      Message Board: Notice-, Error,

- Warning and Information window

65%

5%

Navigation system
      40%
      30%

Hope This Helps :D
      Milestones To Complete
      Feed the World... One Field At a Time :thumbsup:

CnC Roadmap sorted by Milestones
    • ChiloopaBatman wrote:

ValtraN163 wrote:

Haha, I agree :D I'm very exited to see what features the machines have. I would love to know if I can control the nozzle on the forager with my joystick like in real life (even though Claas has made some automated ones now). Or the do you have gears/revs (don't know the english word here?) for the PTO depending on what kind of implement you are using. That would be pretty cool.
      Combines need different setups for different crops and I remember a very cool mod made for FS11/13 by a guy named Knagsted (probably the most progressive modder in the history of Farming Simulator), where you had to set up your cool Case combine with the right filters and revs on the thresher to reduce spillage...oh an spillage would be cool too :)

How does the fillplane work? Can you overfill your trailers, making you spill bulk? SO MANY THINGS!!! hahaha
      I agree, Knagsted's Case, was probably one of the most realistic mods in FS, if such detail could be implemented into CnC, we would have one hell of a simulation. :)
    • AgriMax1998 wrote:

Paul91 wrote:

I reckon a good month to 6 weeks we won't be far from it, just looking at the roadmap I think there are about 10 or so milestones (1) left to hit which doesn't leave many MS 2/3/4, therefore early release for full version 1 maybe (I doubt it) but who knows. It may just mean the remaining MS that follow are more demanding.
      There Is 10 Milestones left - Heres a table for easy reading

AgriMax1998 wrote:

Name of featureCurrent Percentage (%)Percentage Left for EA (70%)
      Seeding
      65%
      5%
      Bio Gas Filling
      60%
      10%
      Telehandler
      40%
      30%
      Download Server
      50%
      20%
      Steam Support
      50%
      20%
      Physical terrain effects
      65%
      5%
      Dynamic fill planes
      50%
      20%
      Modding tutorials
      0%
      70%
      Message Board: Notice-, Error,
      - Warning and Information window

65%

5%

Navigation system
      40%
      30%

Hope This Helps :D
      Milestones To Complete

Well to be honest I really hope they aren't going to make us wait for Modding tutorials for EA. Tutorials for modding can take some serious time expecially if they are detailed and not just a quick click here and there, copy and paste and your done with no real explanation of what they just did and why they did it. Besides from some of the vids seen last year, the editing program looks alot easier to work with then Giants editor.

Anyways moving on to the Dev log. Game looks better and better every time they release a vid. A lot more realistic then anything ever released to date. Really loved the little blooper at the end, that was pretty cool to be honest. Didn't look forced like FS usually does.

Keep up the great work everyone.
    • Uhsoo wrote:

ChiloopaBatman wrote:

ValtraN163 wrote:

Haha, I agree :D I'm very exited to see what features the machines have. I would love to know if I can control the nozzle on the forager with my joystick like in real life (even though Claas has made some automated ones now). Or the do you have gears/revs (don't know the english word here?) for the PTO depending on what kind of implement you are using. That would be pretty cool.Combines need different setups for different crops and I remember a very cool mod made for FS11/13 by a guy named Knagsted (probably the most progressive modder in the history of Farming Simulator), where you had to set up your cool Case combine with the right filters and revs on the thresher to reduce spillage...oh an spillage would be cool too :)

I agree, Knagsted's Case, was probably one of the most realistic mods in FS, if such detail could be implemented into CnC, we would have one hell of a simulation. :)
      I hope it happens.
    • As interesting as this looks I'm pretty sure farming simulator 08/09 can't remember which? Had rain which didn't appear through buildings, I wonder what happened? Anyway back to C&C The detail involved when the rain hits the floor looks pretty awesome.
      Bring on cattle and drops .... I'm mean crops ;)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Paul91 ().

• Taco29 wrote:

OlaHaldor wrote:

What's your point, Taco?
      Hi,
      It is a suggestion to improve the rendering of rain.

On this video we can see white (smoke) above ground for a hard rain effect, the wind sweeps the rain, which is realistic in my point of view, isn't it ?
      Truth to tell, all it shows me is that the rained on bits become shiny. But still look dry, which is something that MBB have actually done real well.