Mouse steering - rebind CTRL key to a mouse button not working

• Mouse steering - rebind CTRL key to a mouse button not working

I'm handicapped and can't use a steering wheel. There are many other people who can't get a steering wheel for various reasons. I found that using the mouse to steer the wheel and the mouse buttons for acceleration and braking is a good option. It's more precise than keyboard. To implement you would need to have a keyboard command to turn it on and off, when you want use the mouse pointer or move the camera. It will be a bit hard to center the steering when using external view or otherwise can't see the steering wheel, but an indicator showing the wheel position along the bottom of the screen would fix that problem. Also would be nice to be able to adjust the sensitivity of the mouse steering
  • Smurfenstein wrote:

I'm handicapped and can't use a steering wheel. There are many other people who can't get a steering wheel for various reasons. I found that using the mouse to steer the wheel and the mouse buttons for acceleration and braking is a good option. It's more precise than keyboard. To implement you would need to have a keyboard command to turn it on and off, when you want use the mouse pointer or move the camera. It will be a bit hard to center the steering when using external view or otherwise can't see the steering wheel, but an indicator showing the wheel position along the bottom of the screen would fix that problem. Also would be nice to be able to adjust the sensitivity of the mouse steering
    Hi,

could you solve your problem? I tried to rebind the CRTL key to a mouse button but it did not work.

Regards
    Nachtfalke