Any car enthusiates here at CNC?

• Any car enthusiates here at CNC?

Happened across a old car while on a hunt for a good used clothes dryer.
      In his garage beside the dryer was this 1978 Diamond Jubilee Edition Ford Thunderbird
      "That's for sale to", he remarked. "Everything is original, I have all the manuals, has 100,031 original kms."
      I was 21 when these cars came off the assembly line, was riding a 650 Yamaha, those cars were way out of my reach at the time, but I always loved them.
      I also knew that the 400 engine (we called it a smog hog back in the day), had pretty poor performance for the fuel consumption because of the emission standards and the technology of that time.
      After purchasing and driving the car for a month, I found a mechanic to remove the engine, then the engine went to a D & W Engine Specialties where it was reworked.
      From the factory the engine had a compression of 7.3 after rework 10.5.
      Put in a mild camshaft, Edlebrock intake manifold with a 4 bl Holley Carburaetor , a set of headers, and new ignition system.
      From the factory the engine rated 166 hp, D & W estimate engine now produces 350 hp, sure feels like it. (not dyno tested that was another $1500.00 touch)
      Car still rides like a dream, no squeaks rattles, I have a lot of fun surprising young wipper snappers with their rice rockets.

Unable to upload picture, keep getting "An unknown error occurred during the upload" picture size was only 120 kb

Have to copy and paste link into browser, sorry, don't know how else to do it.

4shared.com/photo/a6ijR8Uhei/car2.html

edit: link does work, hot dam.
    • nice story man!
      I have my own two project, a peugeot 206 form 2003 and a vw golf 3 form 1993.
      The Peugeot is done, and the golf is being Completely renovated by me, at this point the engine has been freshed up. The next step is to make interior nice and clean.

any questions, just ask :)

1. Link for the Peugeot: dropbox.com/sh/c6w9amdiu371687…rLjMsQJHR9i8oWFGK53a?dl=0

Link for the Golf: dropbox.com/sh/imit809ld84s478…KsaB-iu2O5iyN9Mbmmva?dl=0

The post was edited 1 time, last by carl55555 ().

• I'm rebuilding one of the most beautiful cars ever made by Opel, of course I'm talking about the GT.
      I had the chance of buying one that's still running quite ok. The mechanical side is fairly doable myself but the paint job needs to be redone too and that's kinda pricey. Now it has a ugly yellow color bleached off by sunlight and what not, dreaming about the 'factory red' color actually. But will see :)

Nice to hear other beauties are restored too. Cars nowadays lost the pride and beauty they had in the past.
      Claas - vorsprung durch technik