Engine sounds configuration

• Engine sounds configuration

Hello, I wonder whether someone can shed some light on engine sounds configuration in the arion530_mod.xml, for example. I have sounds configured in FMOD, but I can't seem to translate the values into the xml file. E.g.:

<engineSound file="machines/claas/arion530/sounds/arion530_indoor_800" type="indoor" rpm="1010" pitch="0.1" volume="1.0" volumePitch="0.1" range="250" fade="200" fadeOut="350" />

As far as I could understand:

file="" - audio file to play
      type="" - indoor/engine
      rpm="" - the default RPM at which the file is recorded
      volume="" - default relative volume, I guess from 0.0 to 1.0

and now I don't understand these:

pitch=""
      volumePitch=""
      range=""
      fade=""
      fadeOut=""

I've tried to adjust these values, but can't get the desired results.

Thank you for the help and insight, appreciate it.
    • I used to edit mods for my self needs in FS. I haven' t tried to make mods here in CaC yet, due to not enough time, so I can just guess what exactly your required values means.
      Perhaps XYZSPAIN might know better and tell what exactly it means.

What I think is:

range - should be distance where you can hear the stated sound

fade -- probably where the sound starts to fade
      fareOut - where the sound is not heared

pitch - I think it was some ratio, about playing speed of the sound, but I haven't been sure anymore.
      volumePitch - I haven't remembered yet

Another way is to advace by "try and mistake" and test what desired values are, I hope at least some of my description will confirm .

And also I can't say what units each values are in.

I hope it will help at least a little.

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
      GPU Type - Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon R9 280X 3,072 GB GDDR5
      GPU Driver - Radeon Software Version 17.12.1
      RAM - 8 GB
      Win 7 64bit
    • Thank you Dylan for ideas, I was playing with the values, and so far no joy. But I have notices that fade and fadeOut values will have something to do with the RPM range, because if I increase the value so that it overlaps with other value, it does not work. Example:

<engineSound file="machines/claas/arion530/sounds/arion530_indoor_idle" type="indoor" rpm="800" pitch="0.1" volume="1.0" volumePitch="0.1" range="250" fadeOut="200" />

The RPM is 800 and the sound will fade completely at 1000 RPM <- fade out "200" : 800+200 = 1000

<engineSound file="machines/claas/arion530/sounds/arion530_indoor_800" type="indoor" rpm="1010" pitch="0.1" volume="1.0" volumePitch="0.1" range="250" fade="200" fadeOut="350" />

The RPM is 1010 and the sound will fade in at 860 RPM and fade out completely at 1360 RPM

<engineSound file="machines/claas/arion530/sounds/arion530_indoor_1000" type="indoor" rpm="1370" pitch="0.1" volume="1.0" volumePitch="0.1" range="250" fade="350" fadeOut="260" />

The RPM is 1370 and the sound will fade in at 1120 RPM and fade out completely at 1630 RPM

But if I set the fade to 360, it will not work, because the value is overlapping with the previous RPM 1370.

And the pitch settings are completely lost to me.
    • Could it pitch up the sound and the volume by 0.1 per RPM ?
      AMD Ryzen 2700X + Corsair H100x - 16Gb Ram - Curial 500Go SSD - Gigabyte RTX2080Ti Waterforce 11Go - 32'' FullHD Monitor - Logitech Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle with 2 side controllers

:S
      My English is not perfect, thank you for being indulgent...
      Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, Danke für ihr Verständnis...
      :S