AI problems with trailers during silage harvesting (premature initiating of turns by AI with trailers)

• AI problems with trailers during silage harvesting (premature initiating of turns by AI with trailers)

I have come to the conclusion AI using trailers during silage harvesting have taken a step backwards with 0.2.0.0, in that when the harvester is turning the AI with the trailer is not stopping until the harvester command it to move, instead the AI with the trailer are prematurely initiating their own turn before the harvester is ready which prevents the harvester creating the waypoint that is attached to the left/centre/right of the harvester that the AI with the trailer will follow once commanded to move.

The above premature initiating of turns by AI with trailers is leading to wide, excessive, time-consuming absurd turns by AI with trailers which just did not happen in prior versions, to the point it takes AI almost twice as long to harvest a field due to the amount of time the harvester is sat waiting for the AI with the trailer to complete its turn, which is very apparent during silage harvesting.

Likewise if you take manual control of a AI forage harvester, the manual commands issued to the AI with the trailer will only part function, in that they will stop if you command them to stop at the row end so you can turn with the harvester, BUT they will still initiate their own premature uncommand turn.

I had no problems with this in e.g. 0.1.5.2 or before.

• Yes, definitely some added AI function creating this odd behaviour.
    Previously the AI would clip through the crop a little, perhaps this is a first pass at having it not do that?
    Does seem excessive.
    On a smaller field, the turn maneuver takes 4 or 5 times as long as the pass down the field.......
    R5 3900x / Crosshair 6 Hero / 32 GB Gskill FlareX 3200 / Vega 64 LC/ Samsung 960 Evo NVMe
    M.2 500GB / Samsung 840 Evo Sata 6 500Gb / 1TB WD Blue / Thermaltake 360mm AIO
    / Corsair HX 850w / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / Win10 Home 64 bit / LG 34UM88C 3440 x 1440 21 x 9 monitor.
  • Yes I have noticed this behaviour to ... The thought about avoiding corner came to me too and if that's what it is , it is realy too mutch ;)
    AMD Ryzen 2700X + Corsair H100x - 16Gb Ram - Curial 500Go SSD - Gigabyte RTX2080Ti Waterforce 11Go - 32'' FullHD Monitor - Logitech Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle with 2 side controllers

:S
    My English is not perfect, thank you for being indulgent...
    Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, Danke für ihr Verständnis...
  • you can improve things somewhat, if you takeover from the AI controlling the forage harvester and forcibly do a third headland run before the AI commences running up and down the field.

as then rather than the AI with trailers doing crazy stuff 90% of the time like in the videos they will do a much simpler horseshoe shaped turn most of the time.

though its still far from as efficient as the AI were in prior versions with respect AI turning with trailers when forage harvester are working.
  • Yes , this is mainly du to the fact that the AI makes a complet outwards turn insted of turning 90° behind the Jaguar ... Using the pause and run buttons help if not pressed to late.
    AMD Ryzen 2700X + Corsair H100x - 16Gb Ram - Curial 500Go SSD - Gigabyte RTX2080Ti Waterforce 11Go - 32'' FullHD Monitor - Logitech Saitek Heavy Equipment Bundle with 2 side controllers

My English is not perfect, thank you for being indulgent...
    Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, Danke für ihr Verständnis...
  • Noticed similar behaviour yesterday when harvesting Field 3 with the Lacotec and the 750 header. As this took quite some time I tried out different strategies. Starting out with 2 hedgerows but due to bad seeding 1 side had an 'extra' row. With this side the AI had less problems with making the turn. I'm going to test this further with the harvester but it feels almost safe to say you need at least 3 and preferably 4 hedgerows for the AI to make good turns.

In addition I noticed the AI having small issues with driving next to the tractor when driving on the diagonal sides of the Field 3. It tried to semi stay behind and swirl a bit out before steering in again.